'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Spores never made sense.. How you gonna walk through a room full of spores, take off the mask, and have no spores on you
That was one part of the game that is suspended my belief. Spores don't stay isolated in one space. It's cool for a game when you want to add tension and fear in a certain area. Then you get a tension relief when out of it. Those spores would still be on you, and the animals and insects in those areas would carry them outside of the area as well. So I'm okay with the change. It's also pretty interesting that the fungal network can set off a horde of clickers a mile away to your location.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
The look on the scientist lady's face when she reached into the corpses mouth and saw all the growth wiggling around. She looked completely astounded.

Like the gravity of the situation donning on her. Similar to the scientist from the episode 1 when he said if this happened it would be over.

After that she was like kill everybody:damn:. Now let me go home to be with my family for the end of civilization:mjcry:.

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
honest question for the non-gamers - are you blown away so far, or does this just feel like derivative stuff? i'm in the middle.
EDIT: I’m a gamer but still, here’s my opinion lol

First episode on first viewing was a 8/10 for me. Second viewing it went up to an 8.5/10

This second episode is a 6.9-7 out of 10. Don’t see how anyone could rate it a 9, or a 10.

I know this show isn’t Walking Dead. But if you wiped my mind, of that series, and both TLOU games. Then had me blindly watch both shows’ first 2 episodes back to back. I KNOW I would say the production is way better on TLOU, but TWD has the better start. I would continue to watch TWD if I had to drop one of the 2. I know I’m in the minority but season 1 of TWD is a 10/10 for me. TLOU so far definitely isn’t perfect. Dare I say a tad bit overrated. I have a theory that fans, and critics are on the same page (for once) and WANT the show to be successful regardless. So they’re not going to keep it completely 100 on whether it’s actually good or not because if it’s successful. In their minds It could start a whole new era of good video game adaptations.

So if the episode is good, they’re going to say it’s great, or maybe even a masterpiece. At the same time I see a some people watching the show with a magnifying glass. Practically looking for reasons to shyt on the show. I’m talking every little thing is a problem to them. Shyt is weirdo mentality to me. Their expectations for this show is ridiculous since they played the game. Probably even worse since it’s getting so much praise so far. Overall I’m not blown away. Not disappointed either. Like a previous poster said. Station Eleven lowkey had a better pilot.

I know it’s hypocritical based on what I just said about expectations. But I do expect this show to be arguably better than TWD in the long run. We’re only 2 episodes in right now. This is only the beginning. Even after this season wraps. There’s still a long way to go. Plenty more story to unfold.

Last edited:

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
Vixens, Mascara's, Mary-Ann's
I'm not. I really want to like this show, but it's just not hitting yet. The acting is good, good characters, but something isn't clicking. The Walking Dead definitely started off better than this.

I think that time jump really throwing people off. I'm use to see the chaos and the progression into better times.

turns out i prefer the stuff added to the show over the actual game lore. the cold opens have been excellent, and the outbreak stuff was good (if not redundant to a bunch of other things) but once it gets to the current timeline, i'm just, "oh, so it's gonna be this?" gamers going insane lead me to believe we're gonna get something fresh and exciting, so i'll just trust them.

I prefered the Station Eleven pilot also

Without giving away too much the infected aren't really main point of the game. They give it purpose though

In fact one of the critiques of the show I've seen from early reviewers was that they wish there were more infected..

Edit
I also keep seeing Troy Baker say that episode 3 is when the show takes off. Although I already have a feeling that most of the Coli will be annoyed with it lol

Conz

Superstar
Daps
EDIT: I’m a gamer but still, here’s my opinion lol

First episode on first viewing was a 8/10 for me. Second viewing it went up to an 8.5/10

This second episode is a 6.9-7 out of 10. Don’t see how anyone could rate it a 9, or a 10.
very early sample size, and not a good source really, but the 2nd episode was literally the highest rated episode of tv of all time on imdb. it was like 1500 perfect 10s. probably some online group bombing it, but gimmie a fukkin break

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Edit
I also keep seeing Troy Baker say that episode 3 is when the show takes off. Although I already have a feeling that most of the Coli will be annoyed with it lol
getting really fukkin tired of hearing this. there's endless content out there, stop telling me to "stick with it." everyone's jacking off to Andor, but the shyt was a fukkin slog for 2 episodes and i haven't gone back. this really doesn't even apply to this show b/c it opened strong, but i will say the "trek across barren zombie wasteland" stuff wore thin after literally half an episode, so i get it.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
very early sample size, and not a good source really, but the 2nd episode was literally the highest rated episode of tv of all time on imdb. it was like 1500 perfect 10s. probably some online group bombing it, but gimmie a fukkin break
Why you care so much? It's a video game show that sticks to the source material. Of course they are gonna eat that shyt up.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Why you care so much? It's a video game show that sticks to the source material. Of course they are gonna eat that shyt up.

Just like the game threads you gonna have nikkas stick around in the thread all season saying how unimpressed they are and asking why everyone likes it so much lol

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
Vixens, Mascara's, Mary-Ann's
getting really fukkin tired of hearing this. there's endless content out there, stop telling me to "stick with it." everyone's jacking off to Andor, but the shyt was a fukkin slog for 2 episodes and i haven't gone back. this really doesn't even apply to this show b/c it opened strong, but i will say the "trek across barren zombie wasteland" stuff wore thin after literally half an episode, so i get it.
I'm just repeating what I read/heard.. Good tv often starts slow as it world builds.. But if it's not for you it's not for you.. I for the life of me cannot get into game of thrones and I have the entire planet talking about that shyt around me lol

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

ok, let me help you out. Don’t stick with it, go watch something else. You’re free