The Last Duel (Matt Damon, Adam Driver, Jodie Comer, Ben Affleck, dir: Ridley Scott)

Uno

Superstar
Daps
Great movie

Kylo Ren played his character well, Affleck and Damon were good, the king cracked me and Jodie Comer is really pretty.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
well :snoop: Clicked on this thread because never heard of this movie but saw the cast in title figuring it was coming out soon. Entire movie spoiled instantly cause I went to the last page to see if it hit theatres yet

(I saw 0 commercials for this movie so I figured it was a new movie coming out this year)

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought this movie was brilliant. A shame that it flopped though understandable since it's aimed towards an older audience

What surprised me the most
So I knew going into it that the movie would have a Rashomon-style three different perspectives narrative. But once we got to Adam Driver's version, I thought in his mind the rape scene would be Julia Comer's character coming on to him and being mad flirtatious. But the scene played out almost exactly the same way as the actual rape played out. Showed how during those times, with women viewed as property, men were basically :ehh: when a woman said "no" and just assumed she was playing hard to get. And they foreshadowed it in the earlier scenes when him and Affleck were smashing the prostitutes and one of them said "no" in a flirtatious way. So to an egomaniac like Driver's character he really didn't think he raped her, which is why framing it as "the truth according to..." was brilliant. And then the way they showed how much the duel was more about Matt Damon's ego then his wife was well done. And what's even crazier is that right after she told him about being raped, Matt Damon's character basically raped her as well on some "I gotta be the last person who smashed you" type shyt.

Yeah, the more I think about it, this movie was one of the best of 2021.