The Joker Seeks The King's Trouble For The First Time Since The Bubble! | Official Lakers (#7) vs. Nuggets (#1) WCF Thread

WHO GOES TO THE NBA FINALS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
They played great in the second half tho....and the nuggets were terrible in the 2nd half...do I think the Lakers can be better yes but i also think Denver can be better....
You can’t play one half of basketball in the conference finals my nikka …there’s no world in which the Lakers give up 132 points a game to the Nuggets and win this series …Denver still put up a 34 point 3rd quarter and you say they played badly second half? Nah the lakers didn’t play “great” at all.. if anything Denver just eased off the gas too much

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Ok but when you look at the Nuggets roster who better to defend Bron than AG? When you have a decision whether to allow Bron to bully, make tired, and draw fouls from Murray or AG, who do you pick? It’s a no-brainer.

Honestly if I were them I'd defend Bron with Brown and give him more minutes than Gordon.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Honestly if I were them I'd defend Bron with Brown and give him more minutes than Gordon.
If I’m both coaches I’d make Joker and Lebron focus on scoring. If they go off for 40-50 and you’re able to keep other guys out of rhythm, you have a better chance of winning than going to help and giving guys wide open 3s

Both are more natural facilitators

Mike18jj

Veteran
Daps
3 co-signs for this :scust:

Vanderbilt is their lone non shooter. But there’s no elite wing for him to ‘lock up’. Schroeder is the high energy guard defender….Lonnie walker is the bench energy and wing defender. Vando is the one who serves no prison HE is the one who’s unplayable

With D lo as usual people overreact to his bad games. He’ll be fine
How can you say this when every Denver Nugget that had the ball and was matchup up with DLo got either a blow by layup or a open 3? :mjlol:

It was a point in the game where he got scored on 4 straight times with no defensive resistance. IF DLO is not hitting his shots he's useless, because he is to slow to stay Infront of anyone and his shot contests aren't even contests.

At least Vando is an engaged defender even if he's not a offensive threat, what DLO giving you?

Braman

Superstar
Daps
How can you say this when every Denver Nugget that had the ball and was matchup up with DLo got either a blow by layup or a open 3? :mjlol:

It was a point in the game where he got scored on 4 straight times with no defensive resistance. IF DLO is not hitting his shots he's useless, because he is to slow to stay Infront of anyone and his shot contests aren't even contests.

At least Vando is an engaged defender even if he's not a offensive threat, what DLO giving you?

You think that’s some novel concept? :wtf:

Or perhaps it was so bad bc AD wasn’t at the rim. Everybody was getting cooked when Jokic had AD out the paint

With the upcoming adjustment of Rui on Jokic, all them blow bys don’t mean a damn thing. Them nggas not finishing over AD :beli:

They survived Ja morant , Desmond bane, Steph curry with D Lo on the court. I think they’ll be okay with Bruce brown and KCP

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps

Or perhaps it was so bad bc AD wasn’t at the rim. Everybody was getting cooked when Jokic had AD out the paint

With the upcoming adjustment of Rui on Jokic, all them blow bys don’t mean a damn thing. Them nggas not finishing over AD :beli:

They survived Ja morant , Desmond bane, Steph curry with D Lo on the court. I think they’ll be okay with Bruce brown and KCP
If AD is allowed to play Ed Reed in the paint the rest of the series like he did from the tail end of the 3rd qt on, I see the Lakers winning the series

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
9 times out of ten, AD playing free safety leads to a pass to a shooter or cutter

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
9 times out of ten, AD playing free safety leads to a pass to a shooter or cutter
Explain. When AD is in that space, it seems to coincide with the Lakers defense being lockdown

Daps

Why are you speaking as if the Nuggets won't adjust to Rui being on Jokic? Why are you speaking as if Rui is going to nullify Jokic from this point forward and the Lakers will have their way with them? Why are you speaking as if Ja, Bane and Steph had someone on their squad even 1/100th as a good Jokic to anchor the offense?

Only telling one side of the story is only you hoping it's going to be true, and not what will actually happen.
If AD is allowed to play Ed Reed in the paint the rest of the series like he did from the tail end of the 3rd qt on, I see the Lakers winning the series
You think the Nuggets won't make adjustments of their own, or that Rui is actually going to be able to defend Jokic without fouling and/or getting tortured down low?