The Joker Seeks The King's Trouble For The First Time Since The Bubble! | Official Lakers (#7) vs. Nuggets (#1) WCF Thread

WHO GOES TO THE NBA FINALS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
It’s not about Rui stopping Joker. He didn’t. It allowed AD to play help, which is what actually limited him. If they’re going to play Gordon in the dunker spot then that strategy will work all game.

I am aware, my other posts clear identify that, Gordon is going to have play behind the three point line and make his threes to clear out the paint. Running pick and rolls with him and mpj or Jokic is a clear solution to that problem. It is also a problem if MPJ gets going because all of your guards are too small and your not putting Lebron on him because of the actions the nuggets have and can run for him

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
It’s got to happen. He should be Bron’s shadow. Bron can’t bully him the way he does the Denver guards. If Denver wants to win games in this series this has got to be the move. Lakers got back in the game because Bron was creating mismatches. Bout to be a game of chess.
Bron has bullied Gordon his entire career. He literally once told him you’re not the only strong nikka in the league, you’re not the only nikka who lifts weights.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
I am aware, my other posts clear identify that, Gordon is going to have play behind the three point line and make his threes to clear out the paint. Running pick and rolls with him and mpj or Jokic is a clear solution to that problem. It is also a problem if MPJ gets going because all of your guards are too small and your not putting Lebron on him because of the actions the nuggets have and can run for him
We went under the screens in the first half out of fear of Jokic and went over the second half during the run and the looks weren’t as good. Disrespected your shooters to start. MPJ has an advantage but we can toss Vando on him, but you guys would guard him the way we guard Gordon. So it’s going to be a chess match in that regard.

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
Bron has bullied Gordon his entire career. He literally once told him you’re not the only strong nikka in the league, you’re not the only nikka who lifts weights.
Ok but when you look at the Nuggets roster who better to defend Bron than AG? When you have a decision whether to allow Bron to bully, make tired, and draw fouls from Murray or AG, who do you pick? It’s a no-brainer.

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
Another thing to watch for is whether Rui can defend Jokic without fouling. He picked up 4 fouls in 28 minutes and I think 2-3 were against Jokic. If he gets into foul trouble what’s the Lakers’ play? Do you just throw another big man other than AD—TT, Mamba—and hope for the same success? Trade off is you lose Rui’s offensive contributions if he’s sitting on that pine saddled with fouls.

Teko

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Johanesburg; Coral Way (FL)
Another thing to watch for is whether Rui can defend Jokic without fouling. He picked up 4 fouls in 28 minutes and I think 2-3 were against Jokic. If he gets into foul trouble what’s the Lakers’ play? Do you just throw another big man other than AD—TT, Mamba—and hope for the same success? Trade off is you lose Rui’s offensive contributions if he’s sitting on that pine saddled with fouls.
They were flops and i think that the refs have seen that already

Teko

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Johanesburg; Coral Way (FL)
While he lacks verticality he can make up for that by using his size, moving his feet, and making smart use of his hands. My frustration is when he doesn’t react and doesn’t move. Way too many uncontested baskets by the Lakers in the 5-10 foot range last night. If he makes a more solid contest that will help the Denver defense immensely. Bron and AD have an advantage but Nuggets can make it difficult for them to just do whatever they want.
Jokic 5 fouls
Murray 5 fouls
KCP 5 fouls

The Lakers took it easy but this will definitely be repeated. That Lebron 3 at the end was so unnecesaary and Jokic was the help defender for that and could have been ejected

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
that’s fine and dandy .. that just wasn’t anywhere close to a good lakers performance defensively and that’s what they hang their hats on not offense …you think bruce brown is going to “easily” drop another performance like that in game 2?

They played great in the second half tho....and the nuggets were terrible in the 2nd half...do I think the Lakers can be better yes but i also think Denver can be better....

• Dap
Reactions: ECA