The Joker Seeks The King's Trouble For The First Time Since The Bubble! | Official Lakers (#7) vs. Nuggets (#1) WCF Thread

WHO GOES TO THE NBA FINALS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
I disagree with what Mark and Jeff said about the Nuggets having more to think about. I think the Lakers have played most of their hand right there in game 1. AD had 40 pts and still lost.
They didnt even mention jokic started to post Rui and they had no real answer. He got an open KCP three and then got free throws at the end.

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
Lmao Yea I’m definitely gonna watch for it.

But imo it’s practically embedded in the league atp. Back in my day :flabbynsick: you used to switch only when you trying to get over and realize you can’t. Now they immediately switchin no matter what

Ie Philly with the game on the line and they let Maxey get switched onto Tatum…with 5 seconds left! :heh:….twice!
My day too :flabbynsick::mjlol:

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
Why would you not start Vanderbilt next to Davis for this series? Vanderbilt can guard 1-5 on Denvers players. The Schroder/D'lo backcourt isn't gonna work this series. Start Vando. whatever he lacks offensively he makes up for with his defense.

Daps
good to see the “denver fans” finally putting actual expectations on their team to win now that we’re in the WCF after dodging putting those expectations on them all year and claiming that Jokic was surrounded by lottery level talent :mjlol: nasty nikkas
Is that kind of like the same expectations "Embiid and Giannis fans" had of putting all the emphasis on Jokic's lack of defense and not being deserving of MVP, only for them to bow out in the postseason before Jokic did and embarrass themselves in front of the world?

Nasty nxggas.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
good to see the “denver fans” finally putting actual expectations on their team to win now that we’re in the WCF after dodging putting those expectations on them all year and claiming that Jokic was surrounded by lottery level talent :mjlol: nasty nikkas
Kobe fans. Whatever team has a shot to beat LeBron they ridin. Them nggas is water they can adapt to any form

Roger king

Superstar
Daps
Two things ive noticed most of the people propping up jokic are white and there is a clear racial agenda they want to say this fat serbian whiteboy is the best among nba filled with black players which is nonsense

Second most lebron haters on twitter i always look at their likes it either they like desantis , trump libs of tiktok or one degenerate conservative or the other, there is a strong correlation with anti lebron hate even on espn and sports pages on twitter and being a racist conservative atleast by their likes,
This shyt is fully political
Go on 4 klan right now you can bet your top dollar which team all the racists want to win it,so they can say the dominated a whole league o blacks

Just some observations ive seen

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Why would you not start Vanderbilt next to Davis for this series? Vanderbilt can guard 1-5 on Denvers players. The Schroder/D'lo backcourt isn't gonna work this series. Start Vando. whatever he lacks offensively he makes up for with his defense.
Ham found some success going smaller against the Warriors small lineup and liked how the team was able to still be physical while not gaining the spacing from having Vando and his broke jumper coming off the bench but Denver is a bigger team that GSW so it just didn’t work the way he wanted it to …it looked like the game plan was to try to play small make Jokic have to play in space and uptempo and force Denver’s shooters to beat them by going under their ball screens but they were the ones who got ran outta the building by a team that doesn’t mind playing fast offensively…

I think he’s worried about Denver just not guarding Vando so going with Rui might be the better option because he has the size to help on the boards ..can still run and make shots …we’ll see if there’s any adjustments for the Lakers in game 2 tho

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I think it’s overstated at this point that you can’t have LeBron constantly backing down Jamal Murray in the post. Gotta throw bigger guys at him to slow him down. I liked seeing Jeff Green getting burn in the 4th he was able to send Bron to the line and force him to split free throws. Little things like that on defense, combined with the uptempo pace to wear the Lakers down. I don’t see how the Lakers can survive the Nuggets at all tbh. Especially if they’re gonna allow Jamal Murray and KCP to bust their ass on the floor. Once the Lakers figure out how to contain Denver to a slower pace in the the half court, and force Denver to hit those ridiculous shots again, I believe they can extend their playoff lives. AR and Rui will shine in this series, that combined with a DLo game here, and Walker 4 getting hot there, the Lakers can make these game’s interesting again if Bron & AD continue doing their thing. Ultimately, Jokic should be the Lakers’ Thanos this season. Regardless this is looking like another amazing series of games.

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
Ham found some success going smaller against the Warriors small lineup and liked how the team was able to still be physical while not gaining the spacing from having Vando and his broke jumper coming off the bench but Denver is a bigger team that GSW so it just didn’t work the way he wanted it to …it looked like the game plan was to try to play small make Jokic have to play in space and uptempo and force Denver’s shooters to beat them by going under their ball screens but they were the ones who got ran outta the building by a team that doesn’t mind playing fast offensively…

I think he’s worried about Denver just not guarding Vando so going with Rui might be the better option because he has the size to help on the boards ..can still run and make shots …we’ll see if there’s any adjustments for the Lakers in game 2 tho
Rui can’t help on the boards

Hawala Man

All Star
Daps
This was the game the Lakers needed to steal and in game 2 they could've explored more line up strategies comfortable with the split going back home. For game 2 they need to shoot well from 3, have a clear plan with ADs role on defense and potentially put Vanderbilt in the lineup.

AD giving you 40, contributions from Reeves and Rui with also good shooting from 3 and you still lose the game.

I said this pre-series this is the series where a back up big man off the bench is needed Howard did that in the 2020 bubble.

Jamal Murray is food in any situation where he has to play defense. If Mike Malone has no adjustment for this we will see either AG or Jokic in foul trouble next game. AG had a bad game he is the X-Factor for Nuggets if they want a shot at winning game 2.

Will Tony Brothers get the call for game 2 and the Lakers get 35+ FT attemps...guess we shall see.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
These kinds of games tell you this isn’t prime Bron

2009 - 2018 Bron dominates theses nikkas
I was just thinking that, an underrated storyline during this playoffs is Father Time really caught up with leborn

I know he haven’t been healthy in years so we shouldn’t be shocked a 38 year old man ain’t averaging 40 in the playoffs but I can’t really point to a “Leborn” game this playoffs, he hasn’t necessarily been dominant like he usually is

And it’s weird and kinda disappointing to witness it, like time is really passing us by, whether u love him or hate him I hope people really appreciate what they looking at cause we not going to see another leborn