The Joker Seeks The King's Trouble For The First Time Since The Bubble! | Official Lakers (#7) vs. Nuggets (#1) WCF Thread

WHO GOES TO THE NBA FINALS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
Give me my credit breh :ufdup:
I didn't watch the game, but I followed it on fanduel's play by play and they were down 3 with under a minute. I was like "a missed 3, and the game is over"

With that amount of time and the way AD was rollin', he should have had a chance to score a quick 2

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
There’s an obvious path for the Lakers to build upon this game, though. Their strategy in the first half was awful, their effort on the defensive glass was pitiful, and their guard defense (which has been solid all playoffs) was just pathetic for most of the night. I can see Denver replicating this offensive performance (especially at home) but the Lakers made it easy on them in the first half.

I also think Lebron and AD shouldn’t have any trouble getting quality looks in this series. The Grizzlies and Warriors had the horses to make them struggle offensively, Denver just doesn’t.
Breh I still cant believe they were going under screens and giving denver starters who all shoot the 3 really well open looks in flow of offense.. :mjlol:

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
The nuggets need to put AD in the pick and roll
Yeah, I think allowing him to roam the paint is a mistake. Sounds kind of crazy but I think engaging him is much smarter. If AD is just camping by the basket and can’t figure out how to have Jokic on him in the post I think you place Jokic at the high post and run pick and roll with Murray. There’s a lot of good that will come from that.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
I think I saw a stat were Denver hit 69% of long range 2's... that's not happening again going forward, that's not sustainable.

A lot of the Lakers shots were at the rim, or open 2's or through the flow of the offense.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
They got to. It’s a terrible matchup for Denver for Bron to be on Murray. He literally walks him down for the easy lay or easy dish for AD. I don’t think the Nuggets’ need AG’s scoring. They need his defense.
Gordon is a prototype ‘switch everything’ big. It’s likely in their DNA at this point

I mean there’s probably a reason Denver gave up 100 points to Booker in 2 games with like 10 misses :mjgrin:

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
Gordon is a prototype ‘switch everything’ big. It’s likely in their DNA at this point

I mean there’s probably a reason Denver gave up 100 points to Booker with just 10 misses :mjgrin:
You might not be wrong but that’s a coaching decision. Malone’s got to have him fight over and stay on Bron. There was a moment in the 4th where Murray was guarding Bron on the perimeter and trying to get Gordon to come over and that muthafukka would not come. :mjlol: He’s got to view this as his main assignment.

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
I'm more curious how Nuggets gonna adjust on the defensive end and how they will pick apart Lakers defense showcased in 2nd half.

How was Nuggets defense during the Suns series?

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
I'm more curious how Nuggets gonna adjust on the defensive end and how they will pick apart Lakers defense showcased in 2nd half.

How was Nuggets defense during the Suns series?
Bad

It was just that everyone else on the Suns couldn't hit anything. Booker got whatever he wanted, just like Bron might be able to with switches

Braman

Superstar
Daps
You might not be wrong but that’s a coaching decision. Malone’s got to have him fight over and stay on Bron. There was a moment in the 4th where Murray was guarding Bron on the perimeter and trying to get Gordon to come over and that muthafukka would not come. :mjlol: He’s got to view this as his main assignment.
Lmao Yea I’m definitely gonna watch for it.

But imo it’s practically embedded in the league atp. Back in my day :flabbynsick: you used to switch only when you trying to get over and realize you can’t. Now they immediately switchin no matter what

Ie Philly with the game on the line and they let Maxey get switched onto Tatum…with 5 seconds left! :heh:….twice!