The Joker Seeks The King's Trouble For The First Time Since The Bubble! | Official Lakers (#7) vs. Nuggets (#1) WCF Thread

WHO GOES TO THE NBA FINALS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
This was by design from the coaching staff... Dennis was getting frustrated with the coaching staff at some point in the 1st half , before they finally allowed him to stop doing it
c4BICWk.gif

Dennis was getting flustered :mjlol:

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Nuggets finished + 17 on the glass. They started… 20-3 edge in the first quarter :damn:

Nuggets had 9 offensive rebounds on the first 11 misses

‘Lakers played their best game nothing else they can do :manny:

:gucci:

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
Bron on Murray is a crazy mismatch. Malone has got to make the adjustment. Gordon has to fight over the picks to stay on Bron. Gordon seemed to be the only Denver defender who could slow LBJ. He’s got to stay on Bron and defend without fouling. Easier said than done but allowing Murray to be on Bron is BBQ chicken. Tires Murray out and gets him in foul trouble. Malone can’t allow that to happen. It’s gonna be a disaster if he doesn’t figure that out. Bron started controlling the game and low-key dominating. If Murray ends up on Bron in the post they got to consider doubling and see if someone other than Reaves can hit an open shot.

Daps
There’s an obvious path for the Lakers to build upon this game, though. Their strategy in the first half was awful, their effort on the defensive glass was pitiful, and their guard defense (which has been solid all playoffs) was just pathetic for most of the night. I can see Denver replicating this offensive performance (especially at home) but the Lakers made it easy on them in the first half.

I also think Lebron and AD shouldn’t have any trouble getting quality looks in this series. The Grizzlies and Warriors had the horses to make them struggle offensively, Denver just doesn’t.
One thing Denver loves doing is getting out in transition: Jokic pushing the ball with AG, Murray, Brown and MPJ getting into the halfcourt as fast as possible, and we know that LA is extremely poor at defending the break, so Denver generating their runs through this method wasn't a surprise in the first half. This is going to be a constant theme throughout the series, which I doubt the Lakers will be able to have an answer for on a consistent basis.

What it'll come down to is how they respond once Denver's runs end.

Which we saw them respond at a high level in this game; they dragged themselves back in the contest every single time, but that's coming off a few days rest and with their role players playing above what they normally would. The question remains can they battle through the fatigue, especially dealing with the travel and altitude and the law of averages hitting to do this throughout the entire series.

They've been able to let their foot off the gas in Game 2s against Memphis and GS to pace themselves, but they won't have that same opportunity here.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Nuggets finished + 17 on the glass. They started… 20-3 edge in the first quarter :damn:

Nuggets had 9 offensive rebounds on the first 11 misses

‘Lakers played their best game nothing else they can do :manny:

:gucci:

Lakers shot 55/46
AD had 40
Reeves had 23 and shot 80% from 3
They played a good game they figured some stuff out late.

But each game is its own entity i dont believe theres momentum that carries over to each game,wins and losses now matter how is all that matters.
ive never bought into winning bad and losing great when ur in the Conference Finals.

But alot of nikkas need to lie tio themselves to cope with losing :russ:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Everyone saying Denver not going to play like this again like they expect the Lakers not to do the same :mjlol:

At this point, it’s a coaches game but one thing for sure is Jokic really is the MVP and he’s going to be there every game. Everyone else on both teams is up in the air especially AD

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Bron on Murray is a crazy mismatch. Malone has got to make the adjustment. Gordon has to fight over the picks to stay on Bron. Gordon seemed to be the only Denver defender who could slow LBJ. He’s got to stay on Bron and defend without fouling. Easier said than done but allowing Murray to be on Bron is BBQ chicken. Tires Murray out and gets him in foul trouble. Malone can’t allow that to happen. It’s gonna be a disaster if he doesn’t figure that out. Bron started controlling the game and low-key dominating. If Murray ends up on Bron in the post they got to consider doubling and see if someone other than Reaves can hit an open shot.
Wrong era. Dudes don’t really fight over picks no more

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
This can't be emphasized enough.

LA went all out on this game and applied max effort (both AD and Bron played 40+ minutes), which as you've said, had them winning Game 1 in each of their last two series'. They're going to have to bring the same effort and intensity in Game 2 (which we haven't seen them do on the road), in altitude., to take the split.
Yeah that’s why I thought it was essential for the Nuggets to win the first one. It’s not to say the Lakers still can’t get the split by winning game 2 but I think it’ll be much tougher. There’s greater pressure on the Lakers. After this 2nd half performance I’m sure the Lakers’ll be confident but I think they’re more vulnerable. Nuggets just have to play smart basketball and make the obvious adjustments and try to run these cats out of the gym.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Lakers shot 55/46
AD had 40
Reeves had 23 and shot 80% from 3
They played a good game they figured some stuff out late.

But each game is its own entity i dont believe theres momentum that carries over to each game,wins and losses now matter how is all that matters.
ive never bought into winning bad and losing great when ur in the Conference Finals.

But alot of nikkas need to lie tio themselves to cope with losing :russ:
And so did Denver. Literally. Identical :mjtf:

And what’s more of a fluke, AD scoring 40 or KCP and Bruce brown going for 36? :gucci: