The Joker Seeks The King's Trouble For The First Time Since The Bubble! | Official Lakers (#7) vs. Nuggets (#1) WCF Thread

WHO GOES TO THE NBA FINALS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, I'm not sure about the match ups back there. Dennis looked like food for Murray. Reaves looked like food on MAGA Porter.

But the most encouraging thing is that the Lakers were eating in the paint with AD and Bron and that's not going away. They can do that every night.
With rui on Jokic you then bump Bron up to MPj. As long as bron can keep track of him (big ’if’ for defensive lapse bron), all them middies and his comfort shooting over cats is gone

Then you can hide reeevs a bit on KCP. D lo food vs Murray but so was Dennis anyway

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

HE SCORED ON MURRAY IN THE PAINT
OR GOT TO THE FOUL LINE
EVERY SINGLE TIME
DUDE GUARDED HIM 2NITE.

THERE WASNT AN IF.

DUDE HAD 5 FOULS AND WOULD
HAVE HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO
CONCEDE THE BASKET.
:devil:
:evil:

Which made The Nuggets not as aggressive on plays because they were afraid to get fouled out.

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
I think time just ran out on the Lakers on this one

They had all the momentum in the 4th

They made some nice adjustments that Nuggets will have to counter

Having Rui on Jokic with AD roaming was brilliant

Attacking the rim on the other end and posting up Bron was unstoppable

Big thing I wonder is energy-wise how both teams show up in game 2; they both exerted a lot—Lakers in coming back and Nuggets in holding on

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I really feel like that was more jokic settling than it was rui playing good defense on jokic. Part of me feels jokic wanted 20 assist with his 20 rebs. I seriously feel if the Lakers go back to that rui is food.

HE WASNT SETTLING...

RUI WAS IN HIS CHEST
WHICH TAKES THE JUMPER AWAY
AND AD WAS IN THE PAINT
WAITING FOR HIM.

HE TRIED IT INITIALLY
AND IT LEAD TO A BLOCKED SHOT
AND T.O. ON B2B PLAYS
SO HE STOPPED TRYING TO FORCE
IT AFTERWARDS.
:devil:
:evil:

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
DLo is unplayable this series, and Vandy should take his place.

Just my thoughts
he’s honestly a 6th man … those knee injuries have made a slow minimally athletic player even slower and less athletic ..I would try to make him a Jamal Crawford instant offense or bench for the game type nikka not your starting PG in real basketball games …he’ll be good here and there but there are so many times where he’s just an anchor around his teams neck it’s bad

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
And the Lakers didn't play insane too?

How many times would the Lakers win shooting 11-24 from behind the arc, winning the FT advantage and AD and Bron dropping 60+ points between them both?

These type of games where both teams are performing above their usual standard are more crippling for the team that loses, because once the law of averages and fatigue hit as the series goes on these wins ultimately are the difference. They both took each other's best shot and Denver got the W.
Alot of Lakers shots were in the flow of the offense except a bank shot by Reeves and lucky dunk by Rui.

Nuggets had atleast 10 points or more of prayer last second shots.

It's a make or miss league of course but the first half Nuggets looked like comp for the '96 Bulls instead of the current Lakers :pachaha:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
With rui on Jokic you then bump Bron up

I keep saying it. I just think Joker is going to go straight at Rui. Help comes then yeah Lakers will live with Gordon taking corner threes but if help is late then Joker scores or Rui picks up two early fouls and negates the whole strategy.

It'll be interesting.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
That's that I'm tired 3

Yea, that was a horrible decision. Absolutely did not need a 3 and even if they did, he was the wrong guy taking it.

If he was too tired to take Murray to the basket, then they should've called for some AD PnR action.

YaThreadTrashB!

Superstar
Daps
With rui on Jokic you then bump Bron up to MPj. As long as bron can keep track of him (big ’if’ for defensive lapse bron), all them middies and his comfort shooting over cats is gone

Then you can hide reeevs a bit on KCP. D lo food vs Murray but so was Dennis anyway
This ain’t the lakers kcp reeves is done for no matter what

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
And the Lakers didn't play insane too?

How many times would the Lakers win shooting 11-24 from behind the arc, winning the FT advantage and AD and Bron dropping 60+ points between them both?

These type of games where both teams are performing above their usual standard are more crippling for the team that loses, because once the law of averages and fatigue hit as the series goes on these wins ultimately are the difference. They both took each other's best shot and Denver got the W.
Not really. Those shots to the rack wwre high percentage shots. Denver really has no answer in contesting shots in the paint. At least the Lakers were contesting the Nuggets jumpers which were falling and tailed off.