The Joker Seeks The King's Trouble For The First Time Since The Bubble! | Official Lakers (#7) vs. Nuggets (#1) WCF Thread

WHO GOES TO THE NBA FINALS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Legend27

Pro
Daps
Defensively, the epiphany Lakers found with Rui is what Philly already showed months ago with Tucker (on Jokic) and Embiid floating in the dunker’s spot. Thinking basketball YouTube actually made a vid on it

It’ll come down to Aaron Gordon’s activity and/or shot making if he’s the guy being drifted away from.
Same adjustment with celtics with horford and Rob Williams roaming

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
The Lakers have an advantage in the paint. Those shots are much more sure than the shyt Denver was hitting.

Denver will not hit those contested shots like that again, especially if the Lakers turn on their defense like they did in the fourth.
That's what will make game 2 and the rest of the series interesting. Denver couldn't have had a better start to the game with how the were hitting not just open shots but tough / fairly contested ones as well.

Early on during the Warriors series, i compared LAL's paint dominance to Errol Spence with the body shots, walking opponents down. Warriors were the better shooting team but over time they wilted to the consistent body shots LAL brutalized them with. Now it'll be interesting to see how DEN's supporting cast holds up.

Daps
Nuggets played insane and barely got by

Lakeshow
And the Lakers didn't play insane too?

How many times would the Lakers win shooting 11-24 from behind the arc, winning the FT advantage and AD and Bron dropping 60+ points between them both?

These type of games where both teams are performing above their usual standard are more crippling for the team that loses, because once the law of averages and fatigue hit as the series goes on these wins ultimately are the difference. They both took each other's best shot and Denver got the W.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
down 3, Murray has 5 fouls. u been driving and getting to the line but decides to take a 3
hattHff.gif

That's that I'm tired 3

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
“If”… he took the shot and missed we can play Monday morning quarterback all night.

HE SCORED ON MURRAY IN THE PAINT
OR GOT TO THE FOUL LINE
EVERY SINGLE TIME
DUDE GUARDED HIM 2NITE.

THERE WASNT AN IF.

DUDE HAD 5 FOULS AND WOULD
HAVE HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO
CONCEDE THE BASKET.
:devil:
:evil:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Thing about Murray is he's a role player against good defenders and an all star against a bad defense.

Lakers gotta make him into a role player

Yeah, I'm not sure about the match ups back there. Dennis looked like food for Murray. Reaves looked like food on MAGA Porter.

But the most encouraging thing is that the Lakers were eating in the paint with AD and Bron and that's not going away. They can do that every night.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
I really feel like that was more jokic settling than it was rui playing good defense on jokic. Part of me feels jokic wanted 20 assist with his 20 rebs. I seriously feel if the Lakers go back to that rui is food.
I’ll take Jokic going for 35 on post ups all day.

What was killing LA was Jokic taking AD out the paint and everybody else going ham. Ie Bruce brown had 16 in 24 minutes. Aaron Gordon soft ass was deebo’ing nggas. It was a disaster with Bron behind AD and Bron at center.

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
I really feel like that was more jokic settling than it was rui playing good defense on jokic. Part of me feels jokic wanted 20 assist with his 20 rebs. I seriously feel if the Lakers go back to that rui is food.
:dead:

I promise you he was trying to win the game instead of hitting some statistical mark

360Waves

2 girls and they get along like I'm Lou Will
Daps
Reppin
NYC
And the Lakers didn't play insane too?

How many times would the Lakers win shooting 11-24 from behind the arc, winning the FT advantage and AD and Bron dropping 60+ points between them both?

These type of games where both teams are performing above their usual standard are more crippling for the team that loses, because once the law of averages and fatigue hit as the series goes on these wins ultimately are the difference. They both took each other's best shot and Denver got the W.
Man we might drive you off this forum forever by mid-June and I absolutely can’t wait. :blessed: