The Irish Try To Cross The Bay, Will They Make A Splash? | Official Celtics vs. Warriors NBA Finals Thread

WHO WINS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Welp.. just saying.. he's 24-years old now. Maybe he doesn't get better but he's already got the Celts further than any James Harden team or any Russ team..

The 2012 Thunder were not either of they teams. So we're discussing former league MVPs Harden and Russ who never did half as much as Tatum whose 24-years old..

if Tatum not a superstar then how could they be?

The odds that a 24 year old, especially one who has gotten better every year of his career has peaked as a player is so low. And history doesn’t add up to it.

Tatum & Brown having so much early team success caused people to want the accelerate their timeline. People would have more grace if they spent their first 5 years in the lottery like Brandon Ingram or getting clapped in the 1st round like Giannis did

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
The odds that a 24 year old, especially one who has gotten better every year of his career has peaked as a player is so low. And history doesn’t add up to it.

Tatum & Brown having so much early team success caused people to want the accelerate their timeline. People would have more grace if they spent their first 5 years in the lottery like Brandon Ingram or getting clapped in the 1st round like Giannis did

Yeah Brandon just now seems to get something going and people wanna crown dude. Where were these same posters when Brandon was losing ? :manny:

Mike Wins

Superstar
Daps
Yes.. im just posing questions. Lots of posters on here want to react and have crazy opinions but when i pose a question as such.. what's the actual real world answer?
Tatum is first team All NBA. He's a superstar. Brown is a very good player capable of playing at an elite level when he's on.

They each had some bad games this Finals. It happens. Series not over yet. Even if they lose Thursday, they still got plenty runs left in them if they stay together.

This their 5th and 6th seasons. MJ didn't win one til his 7th. Giannis his 8th. Bron his 9th. Neither of them on that level, not trying to insinuate that, but point is plenty of the greatest, most gifted of all time failed repeatedly before they broke through. It's why microwave hot take sports culture is so lame. A lot of times taking some brutal Ls is what fuels greatness

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well, to be fair. There haven’t been any “great” teams this post season. The final 4 teams have all been 50 win teams. Not one 60 win team in the conference finals. That’s what made this playoffs and series so voletile and unpredictable. Feels like the superteam era is over. Any team felt beatable in 7 games. A 52-win, GLeague Miami Heat led by Jimmy Butler was one shot away from the finals. :yeshrug:
I think the super team era is over. I also think the super team era shifted our perceptions of what a great team looks like. I also think there was a level of parity in the NBA this year that we haven’t really seen in decades. There were about six teams this year, if they remained healthy, that were capable of winning the title. I don’t remember the last time that’s been the case (probably the mid-2000s) and I dunno about anyone else, but that’s made basketball more enjoyable for me this season.

Daps
One thing I think got overlooked. GS got off to a great start in the 1st quarter with around a 10 point lead. So when Boston hit those 3s in the 3rd, what before would've been a 15 point lead for Boston only put them up by 1 which kept it close enough for GS to pull it out without fighting to hard to comeback.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps

tenor.gif

Stress Welker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This group of Celtics are like the family member who disappoints routinely just when you think they have figured it all out. Time after time, again and again.

Rooting for this bunch makes me so incredibly angry at times. I think they are the more talented team, but fall back into the same self harming tendencies (unforced turnovers, fighting the refs on top of your opponent, ISO heavy offense, and the rest of it).

Unquestionably the dumbest team I have ever rooted for. Taking a long breaks for all things sports regardless of how the series ends because of it.

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This was the first game that Boston looked worn down and defeated in the 4th.

The Warriors seemed to have figured out their offense (or lack thereof) and are forcing them to be hesitant and confused. The turnovers are a result of their constant uncertainty and being rushed. After Game 1, the Warriors were like aight, we're not going to give all these role players uncontested 3s and just tightened up on them some.

Wiggins has been excellent on Tatum. He's getting no separation. Not gonna lie, Boston's offense in Game's 4 and 5 have looked like pick-up games. Just isolation, high PnR etc. It's ugly
Glad others are noticing this as well. GSW definitely figured out how to defend Boston. The Celtics are trying to attack from the perimeter almost exclusively so the GSW D is just stunting from one pass away, knowing where the pass is going to go and providing closeouts and shot contests. On Boston drives, GSW is sending minimal help, forcing Boston to make tough twos instead of uncontested threes. Add to the fact that Tatum can’t shake Wiggins one on one and Boston’s offence has nose dived. Great coaching by Kerr.

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've said it once, I've said it twice, and I'll say it again:

Everyone trying to shyt on Tatum and the Celtics have to remember that these nxggas are running on fumes. Yeah, no doubt they need to play better, but it's some disrespectful shyt to try and clown them when they're running around endlessly trying to defend the Warriors' 3-pt actions on every possession, and then trying to generate quality shots on the other end, all the while barely getting any rest because they're playing 40+ minutes.
Interesting observation. Early in the season when Boston was really struggling I noted that their lack of size and athleticism on the bench was hurting them and then of course they figured it out during the season but the playoffs are a different animal and that’s coming to the fore right now. A guy like Pritchard who was important for them is virtually unplayable in this series.

I also don’t know why some people keep saying the Celtics have more talent because I think that’s absolutely untrue. Udoka has done a marvellous job to get them this far but this series is playing out as my son and I predicted—GSW would win in 6 because they’re able to score easier than Boston can and that would be the difference. Admittedly I wavered a bit after game 3, but turns out I shoulda stuck to my original prediction.

Tatum and Brown are great players but there’s not much else after them in terms of dynamic offensive talent on that team. Can’t be relying on Smart and Grant Williams to have big games to win.