The Irish Try To Cross The Bay, Will They Make A Splash? | Official Celtics vs. Warriors NBA Finals Thread

WHO WINS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I will say that I do think some of the Celtics ran out of gas in the 4th, Tatum seemed like he was short on all his jumpers. Them having to play from behind for the first 2.5 quarters caused Tatum & JB to not really be able to rest.

It’s just fukking irritating that Steph finally had a subpar game for his standards and Tatum finally wasn’t terrible but they couldn’t take advantage

Daps
I've said it once, I've said it twice, and I'll say it again:

Everyone trying to shyt on Tatum and the Celtics have to remember that these nxggas are running on fumes. Yeah, no doubt they need to play better, but it's some disrespectful shyt to try and clown them when they're running around endlessly trying to defend the Warriors' 3-pt actions on every possession, and then trying to generate quality shots on the other end, all the while barely getting any rest because they're playing 40+ minutes.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I will say that I do think some of the Celtics ran out of gas in the 4th, Tatum seemed like he was short on all his jumpers. Them having to play from behind for the first 2.5 quarters caused Tatum & JB to not really be able to rest.

It’s just fukking irritating that Steph finally had a subpar game for his standards and Tatum finally wasn’t terrible but they couldn’t take advantage

Steph too, he was hitting the front of the rim on a lot of his early shots.

This should irritate you even further:

:troll:

Robbo

All Star
Daps

Everyone trying to shyt on Tatum and the Celtics have to remember that these nxggas are running on fumes. Yeah, no doubt they need to play better, but it's some disrespectful shyt to try and clown them when they're running around endlessly trying to defend the Warriors' 3-pt actions on every possession, and then trying to generate quality shots on the other end, all the while barely getting any rest because they're playing 40+ minutes.

It's very obvious in the 4th that's what's happening. Lots of short shots, settling, turnovers, flailing. Game 6 will be interesting. If they jump out early.. they can get some more rest and ride the energy from being home. But if the Warriors make it a 4th quarter fight, they may not have enough.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

i havent shat on any boston celtics but meh, theyre the younger team and less than a week ago everybody was crowning them.
so no sympathy :manny:

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
What I've gathered from this series is that Boston is the more talented team but refuses to act like it on a consistent basis. They also lack a true facilitator/steadying hand.

Love Marcus Smart but he tries to take over the Game at times.

Some of his passes tonight were cringe-worthy.

I get the vibe that he plays for moments too much.

Daps
Steph too, he was hitting the front of the rim on a lot of his early shots.

This should irritate you even further:

:troll:

This was basically the Warriors' anomaly game, similar to what the Celtics had in Game 1. A bit more devastating given that they have no room for error anymore.

Maybe there's one more twist in the story of this series where we get one more.
i havent shat on any boston celtics but meh, theyre the younger team and less than a week ago everybody was crowning them.
so no sympathy :manny:
I think I might've outlined this to you during the season:

This is where Kerr deserves his props, because he made sure not to aimlessly play a 34-year-old Steph more minutes during meaningless regular season games (when folks were demanding he should be put back in the game, over and over), and where he monitored all their minutes over the course of the 82-game season (Klay getting extra rest games; Otto getting rest games; GP2 getting rest games), and played guys at the end of the bench more minutes than they would typically get. It's why he's been stringent on not maxing out Steph during games and making sure he gets adequate rest all throughout the playoffs, even if it means riding less-than-ideal lineups for a 1-2 minutes more.

All of that has been in preparation for what's been happening in this series, and look how it's benefited the team. As opposed to the Celtics (who really of not fault of Udoka) haven't been able to do that the same, and it's showing.