The Irish Try To Cross The Bay, Will They Make A Splash? | Official Celtics vs. Warriors NBA Finals Thread

WHO WINS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
I said last night this game ends on Thursday

But this finals been a crazy weird ride.

I feel like :unimpressed: when I say I could easily see this going 7

Boston bench been non existent they’re due for a decent game

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
It ain't over yet, but just imagine how much earlier they would've ended this series had they had an athletic big man (who could get his own), instead of carrying Wiseman's bum ass. All their young guys (Wiseman, Kuminga, Moody and Poole) have either not played or been ineffective. They've gotten incredibly lucky to be one win away given how many flaws they have in their roster. I mean, let's face it, this isn't a championship-caliber roster. How many teams could win a title with Looney as their one and only big man, fringe NBA talent throughout, and multiple young cats who're not getting any burn in the Finals?

A testament to what Steph, Klay, Dray and Kerr have built over the years.

Definitely would’ve been over earlier with a Center but what would a Myles Turner have done to stop until Celtics from hitting 7 straight threes in game 1!

You’re disrespectful to the team

Nobody knew this wiseman shyt would drag on how it did. If we finish the job then they will have made the right, most sustainable decision and you better just say “I was wrong” and be done with it. None of these long paragraphs saying how lucky they were and all this other bs

Last edited:
Daps
Definitely would’ve been over earlier with a Center but what would a Myles Turner have done to stop until Celtics from hitting 7 straight threes in game 1!

You’re disrespectful to the team

Nobody knew this wiseman shyt would drag on how it did. If we finish the job then they will have made the right, most sustainable decision and you better just say “I was wrong” and be done with it. None of these long paragraphs saying how lucky they were and all this other bs
I told you about this Wiseman shyt from the start (don't give me this nobody knew bullshyt), and now you're out here telling me to cut the long paragraphs detailing the state of the roster, wanting me to admit I'm wrong (why did you purposefully quote that post of mine instead of the one succeeding it, which addresses whatever you think I was wrong about)?

:usure:

Drafting Wiseman wasn't the right decision. The squad is only in the position they're in now because they've got a once-in-a-lifetime core that has cultivated a culture where players who were previous laughing stocks of the league have come in and been able to contribute, along with the obvious of Steph putting in a Finals performance for the ages, which should have never been the expectations of a 34-year-old undersized guard to begin with.

It's not disrespectful to the team. I haven't questioned their effort or desire, they're just not that talented. Or are you gonna tell me that the players on this squad are in their best states and/or are some highly-talented players? How many teams do you realistically think could win a championship if they only had one big man in the rotation, and they were of the same ability as Looney?

Last edited:

CSquare43

Superstar
Daps
I told you about this Wiseman shyt from the start (don't give me this nobody knew bullshyt), and now you're out here telling me to cut the long paragraphs detailing the state of the roster, wanting me to admit I'm wrong (why did you purposefully quoted that post of mine instead of the one succeeding it, which addresses whatever you think I was wrong about)?

Drafting Wiseman wasn't the right decision. The squad is only in the position they're in now because they've got a once-in-a-lifetime core that has cultivated a culture where players who were previous laughing stocks of the league have come in and been able to contribute, along with the obvious of Steph putting in a Finals performance for the ages, which should have never been the expectations of a 34-year-old undersized guard to begin with.

Those @Gil Scott-Heroin apology paragraphs when Prince Wiseman takes his rightful place and shows out.

:banderas:

Negged.

:pachaha:

Daps
In terms, of talent and ability, I don't think they are.

I say this as someone who believes if you have a healthy Steph, you're automatically in the conversation for the championship, by default. But if you go through this squad it's not what I'd call "championship caliber":

Klay is two years removed from the game and has been struggling all postseason
Dray's body has been breaking down and he isn't the player he once was
Looney is a fringe NBA talent and he's the ONLY big man in the rotation
Wiggins was a forgotten man and everyone had written him off as a bust prior to the GS trade
Poole is in his first ever playoff run and it's showing
GP2 has been stuck in the G-League for his entire career
Bjeli was practically out of the league
Iggy is 38 years old.

The Celtics have a better roster. There's a few teams in the league that have better rosters. Again, this is all a testament to Steph, the original core and Kerr for creating this culture/system that allows them to go beyond the talent they have and win. I didn't think they'd win a title this season, and I happily admit that I was wrong about that, but that speaks more to just how historically great the genesis of this team is.

I don't think I've seen such a flawed/limited roster win like this before in the modern era.
See above @Ohene.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I told you about this Wiseman shyt from the start (don't give me this nobody knew bullshyt), and now you're out here telling me to cut the long paragraphs detailing the state of the roster, wanting me to admit I'm wrong (why did you purposefully quote that post of mine instead of the one succeeding it, which addresses whatever you think I was wrong about)?

stop.

a healthy second year Wiseman with this team wouldve swept through most of the league.

and i didnt see the post succeeding the one I posted, no idea what youre referring to

you are not an Oracle. you are not a psychic. you are not God.

you dont know what wouldve happened had the team made certain trades; how certain players might have fit into the team, which other role players might have been signed/not signed, who else on the team may have randomly got injured etc. Just stop it bro. The fact this team has made the finals and that Wiggins has played a big part in it has proven you wrong. So what if they have a once-in-a-lifetime core? Thats the whole point. Warriors fans and the front office already knew we had a strong core and figured we only needed to add a Center to become a contender. Turns out we didnt even need to do that after all.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Cool. (I see you admitted youre wrong) At the end of the day my dude, everything I said above still applies.

Celtics may have had a better roster, but most of us still thought the Warriors would win or 6-7 because talent only goes so far and the Celtics are just as flawed if not more. I have said from the beginning, the Celtics might have youth and "talent" but they dont have pedigree and are prone to making stupid mistakes. There is a reason they struggled against Miami + Milwaukee despite their key injuries ono ffense.

At the end of the day, the Warriors up until this point have proven that all-around, even with their flaws, they are the best team in the NBA. It's now up to them to finish the job. Anything else would be a choke job, plain and simple.

Daps
If the Warriors pull this out Steph will no doubt get MVP. But Wiggins definitely need some votes too. Dude been playing out his mind

Daps
stop.

a healthy second year Wiseman with this team wouldve swept through most of the league.
Wiseman is trash; he can't even set a basic screen or guard a rudimentary PnR action. He's not who you think he is. There's no point even trying to string this shyt out because it was the wrong decision to draft him (especially if the unthinkable happens and they end up losing this series). But that's neither here nor there because GS are one win away from winning the championship and you're out here trying to start some shyt instead of just enjoying the moment.

Nobody on this board has defended this Warriors squad since 2015 more than me, so don't make me out to be the enemy, nxgga.

:manny: