The Irish Try To Cross The Bay, Will They Make A Splash? | Official Celtics vs. Warriors NBA Finals Thread

WHO WINS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Tatum shot 3-17 in the very 1st game, I don’t think this “He chucking to take Brown’s MVP” narrative holds up like y’all think. He hasn’t shot the ball well from the jump.

Plus Jaylen isn’t even having a good series himself, he just hasn’t been as bad as Tatum
Jaylen playing better than Tatum.. it’s not by a lot but it’s noticeable

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ite I’ve rewatched every game this series

Steph is playing amazing but it’s really funny how nikkas on this site be dikkriding, saying we don’t talk bout basketball fr just hot takes

Celtics playing a very interesting coverage on Warriors where in their shell, if the big sets a high ball screen for Steph, the defending big will play drop coverage instead of icing or blitzing the screen

I’m amazed at the amount of times I’ve seen Horford or Williams 1v1 with Steph when Tatum, Brown and Smart are all on the court

I reiterate, Steph is doing exactly what he’s supposed to do, he’s cookin the hell out these mismatches but idk if this is really the way to go.

Celtics are relying on treys like they got in game 1 and that only happened because Horford was naked because they werent rotating defenders out for more paint protection

I think Udoka should start blitzing the screens and let the GSW big men have it. I don’t think Looney and Dray can consistently playmake vs Celtics D and it’ll force them to essentially play thru the bigs

Letting Curry put up pull up treys vs slow footed bigs dumb. He a top 15 player all time, I’m not gonna let him beat the team, I’d rather the role players

LOL, they tried blitz Curry at the end of the last game and Dray immediately made a play for Looney to get a layup.

Dray is one of the best 4v3 players in the league and will likely make the right play 9/10. Celtics don't want that and guys like Klay and Poole getting hella open looks. They've picked their poison and Steph is lighting them up.

Last edited:

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Ite I’ve rewatched every game this series

Steph is playing amazing but it’s really funny how nikkas on this site be dikkriding, saying we don’t talk bout basketball fr just hot takes

Celtics playing a very interesting coverage on Warriors where in their shell, if the big sets a high ball screen for Steph, the defending big will play drop coverage instead of icing or blitzing the screen

I’m amazed at the amount of times I’ve seen Horford or Williams 1v1 with Steph when Tatum, Brown and Smart are all on the court

I reiterate, Steph is doing exactly what he’s supposed to do, he’s cookin the hell out these mismatches but idk if this is really the way to go.

Celtics are relying on treys like they got in game 1 and that only happened because Horford was naked because they werent rotating defenders out for more paint protection

I think Udoka should start blitzing the screens and let the GSW big men have it. I don’t think Looney and Dray can consistently playmake vs Celtics D and it’ll force them to essentially play thru the bigs

Letting Curry put up pull up treys vs slow footed bigs dumb. He a top 15 player all time, I’m not gonna let him beat the team, I’d rather the role players
Bro if Celtics blitz the screens Draymond is going to eat on the playmaking and everyone knows this.. the drop coverage was soley to take away those 4-3 opportunities but the downside is Steph is straight up baking Hortford and Timelord :mjlol:

If Ime decides to blitz now you got an open Klay Poole and Wigs..

Ime gotta pick his poison

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
LOL, they tried blitz Curry at the end of the last game and Dray immediately made a play for Looney to get a layup.

Dray is one of the best 4v3 players in the league and will likely make the right play 9/10. Celtics don't want that and guys like Klay and Poole getting hella open looks. They've picked their poison and Steph is lighting them up.
I’ll take that 1 rep of looney lauyup vs putting the greatest shooter all time on big men

U don’t even have to hard blitz, different variations they can throw

If ball screen is set high for curry, have the wing defender guarding Wiggins or Poole cheat up while the big shows and drops

Have the ball side wing defender blitz and let the big drop, Celtics have the most versatile defenders in the league, I’d take my chances wit Poole and Wiggy getting open looks vs Steph runnin 1s vs a big man

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Bro if Celtics blitz the screens Draymond is going to eat on the playmaking and everyone knows this.. the drop coverage was soley to take away those 4-3 opportunities but the downside is Steph is straight up baking Hortford and Timelord :mjlol:

If Ime decides to blitz now you got an open Klay Poole and Wigs..

Ime gotta pick his poison
U misunderstanding, I understand why they doin wat they doin but it’s a dumb strategy imo, Dray playmakin is way less lethal than Curry 3 point makin

At that there’s ways to cut Steph and Dray’s involvement while allowing other players to get theres

Y’all sayin Ime’s strategy of takin Dray out and lettin Steph go 1v1 vs bigs is smart, I don’t think it is, it was cool when Steph got cold 2/3 first games but it’s definitely gonna rear it’s head, Steph will abuse these nikkas

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
U misunderstanding, I understand why they doin wat they doin but it’s a dumb strategy imo, Dray playmakin is way less lethal than Curry 3 point makin

At that there’s ways to cut Steph and Dray’s involvement while allowing other players to get theres

Y’all sayin Ime’s strategy of takin Dray out and lettin Steph go 1v1 vs bigs is smart, I don’t think it is, it was cool when Steph got cold 2/3 first games but it’s definitely gonna rear it’s head, Steph will abuse these nikkas
But how can you cut stephs involvement when his mere presence on the court demands 2 to 3 sets off eyes from the defense worrying about where he is at all times? Steph ain’t standing around he’s always moving without the ball.. Celtics aren’t disciplined to mentally chase him around all game

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Did you mean to quote me :dwillhuh:

I was gonna quote you to refute the JB not playing well post then i had a quick look at his numbers and they werent as great as i thought....Whats amusing is nikkas think JB has been great and tatum been ass when Tatums counting stats are the same and he has way more assists...

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was gonna quote you to refute the JB not playing well post then i had a quick look at his numbers and they werent as great as i thought....Whats amusing is nikkas think JB has been great and tatum been ass when Tatums counting stats are the same and he has way more assists...

I posted it in another thread, Jaylen has had 3 great quarters and the rest he’s ranged from a scale of mediocre to non-existent to terrible.

He’s playing better than Tatum for sure but this narrative that he’s leaving it all out there is false as hell