The Irish Try To Cross The Bay, Will They Make A Splash? | Official Celtics vs. Warriors NBA Finals Thread

WHO WINS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

darryl

Superstar
Daps
If Tatum shows up, plus that celtics defense, they're winnings tonight and the rest of the series. The fact that's this series is tied and Tatum has been playing horrific is crazy. Celtics should be down in this series

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Not a fan of the warriors at all, but Curry deserves this ring.
Would be pretty surprised if Boston can pull it off at this point.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If Tatum shows up, plus that celtics defense, they're winnings tonight and the rest of the series. The fact that's this series is tied and Tatum has been playing horrific is crazy. Celtics should be down in this series

Tatum hasn't shown up because he's being defended well by the Warriors as whole and due to his own limitations as a player.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
JT is going to break out his slump and Klay and Dray are milk-carton status
We 4 games in bro JT been starting off good then going missing in the 2nd half and with all the talk about Brown being the mvp of Boston win, Tatum is literally trying to gun it so that he gets finals MVP… lmaoo Tatum is literally playing them out of the finals bro

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
I like that GSW went back to running those split sets with draymond making the correct pass.

They ran a variance on that set a few times with Wiggins running the splits

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area
I was actually thinking the same thing. JT needs to be shoot average and they have a strong chance of winning.

Klay is the wild card, he's a fearless shooter, so all it takes is one big game and Dubs are in great position. Who knows lol so many possibilities.
Klay due for a Playoff Klay game..So many possibilities tho..9pm can’t get here soon enough

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wigs putting them clamps on him

So did Bjelica :skip:

Not really.. Wiggins plays Tatum pretty well but he's also had wide open shots vs. other defenders and missed all of them. Missed a ton of layups too.

True but this idea he can just turn it on doesn't make sense to me. The Warriors defense has to be taken into consideration.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We 4 games in bro JT been starting off good then going missing in the 2nd half and with all the talk about Brown being the mvp of Boston win, Tatum is literally trying to gun it so that he gets finals MVP… lmaoo Tatum is literally playing them out of the finals bro

Tatum shot 3-17 in the very 1st game, I don’t think this “He chucking to take Brown’s MVP” narrative holds up like y’all think. He hasn’t shot the ball well from the jump.

Plus Jaylen isn’t even having a good series himself, he just hasn’t been as bad as Tatum

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
:mjlol: Celtics should be up 3-1 they are clearly the better team

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Look on the bright side:

Tatum has been performing about as bad he could be, whereas Steph has been on God mote, and yet despite all that, the series is 2-2 and neither team has demonstrated they're definitively better than the other. Warriors need that trend to continue, otherwise, the Celtics will likely have the advantage.

Counter to this is Marcus Smart,Derrick White are outperforming there roles by a mile and there overperforming won them a game in this series...

C's had the advantage at 1-1 now the advantage is squarely with GS who has the best player by a mile in this series performing at peak levels....to me this is now Warriors series to lose with home court back...

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Ite I’ve rewatched every game this series

Steph is playing amazing but it’s really funny how nikkas on this site be dikkriding, saying we don’t talk bout basketball fr just hot takes

Celtics playing a very interesting coverage on Warriors where in their shell, if the big sets a high ball screen for Steph, the defending big will play drop coverage instead of icing or blitzing the screen

I’m amazed at the amount of times I’ve seen Horford or Williams 1v1 with Steph when Tatum, Brown and Smart are all on the court

I reiterate, Steph is doing exactly what he’s supposed to do, he’s cookin the hell out these mismatches but idk if this is really the way to go.

Celtics are relying on treys like they got in game 1 and that only happened because Horford was naked because they werent rotating defenders out for more paint protection

I think Udoka should start blitzing the screens and let the GSW big men have it. I don’t think Looney and Dray can consistently playmake vs Celtics D and it’ll force them to essentially play thru the bigs

Letting Curry put up pull up treys vs slow footed bigs dumb. He a top 15 player all time, I’m not gonna let him beat the team, I’d rather the role players