The Irish Try To Cross The Bay, Will They Make A Splash? | Official Celtics vs. Warriors NBA Finals Thread

WHO WINS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
I posted it in another thread, Jaylen has had 3 great quarters and the rest he’s ranged from a scale of mediocre to non-existent to terrible.

He’s playing better than Tatum for sure but this narrative that he’s leaving it all out there is false as hell
To me that sums up JB career but I'm just gonna stay quiet :russ:

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
But how can you cut stephs involvement when his mere presence on the court demands 2 to 3 sets off eyes from the defense worrying about where he is at all times? Steph ain’t standing around he’s always moving without the ball.. Celtics aren’t disciplined to mentally chase him around all game
Smart is DPOY, u gotta trust your guy. Now I’m not saying put him on an island

But switchin on drop style coverage is lowkey a dumb ass defense to play, Steph has made a career of makin unworthy defenders look foolish, why allow them to decide if u win a championship?

Ice the screen, give up the split, sending different blitzers outside of the on ball guard and big, just be creative

This game plan is dumb imo, it’s kinda like Lue’s game plan of blitzing Curry wit KD on the court

“Pick your poison” should not mean let the best player on either team get what ever shot he wants

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
giphy.webp

Daps
Counter to this is Marcus Smart,Derrick White are outperforming there roles by a mile and there overperforming won them a game in this series...

C's had the advantage at 1-1 now the advantage is squarely with GS who has the best player by a mile in this series performing at peak levels....to me this is now Warriors series to lose with home court back...
Warriors would be up 3-1 if not for Derrick White and Marcus Smart shooting out they minds in game 1...
The Celtics' role players have been outperforming their role "by a mile" all playoffs though, and the Warriors' support cast hasn't. That's not to say that'll continue moving forward, but there's really no evidence to suggest that the Celtics' will hit a dead-end anytime soon. They've risen to the occasion whenever they're needed - it's why they've come out the other side of two Game 7s to tell the tale. Yes, as long as the Warriors have Steph performing at the level he is, they'll have the advantage, but anything short of that and it's Boston's for the taking.

It's really up to Klay, Wiggins and Poole over these remaining 2-3 games to start stepping up on offense to mitigate whatever drop Steph potentially might have in performance.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
@BigMoneyGrip

Look these nikkas sayin the same thing as me lol

Ime Udoka needs to get it together this is dumb as hell

I agree but you and I know once Ime stop it that will allow dray to play in space playing 4 on 3… Celtics are the worse transition defense in the league too.. mofos don’t communicate when getting back on defense to fam out on the perimeter