The Irish Try To Cross The Bay, Will They Make A Splash? | Official Celtics vs. Warriors NBA Finals Thread

WHO WINS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CSquare43

Superstar
Daps
Last edited:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The Celtics defense has caused all sorts of problems for the Warriors.
This series isn't over and I think both teams have a real shot of victory.

That said, what has clearly emerged on this board over the past few days is that seemingly no one is actually rooting for the Celtics here.
With the losses, all people on this board do is praise or bash Jayson Tatum.

There are at least 3 threads now:

1. Jayson Tatum gave me depression again
2. I've seen enough thru 4 games...
3. Jayson Tatum is NOT a "Superstar"

where if you read through the comments, you'll see a lot of references about Tatum not being Kobe.

And that's the subtext of these 2022 NBA Finals.
An entire group of people on this board who view a Celtics championship, a Jayson Tatum championship....as a Kobe Bryant championship. And through 4 games they're trashing one of the best young players in the game because he seemingly isn't on the path, or isn't showing the flash that they want to equate with Tatum's idol.

Boston could very well still win this series. Their defense is suffocating and Ime Udoka has shown the ability to adjust multiple times already in these playoffs. The same is true for the job Steve Kerr and his coaching staff has done.

But like ...well I suppose most Finals...the fans are stuck on petty and stupid narratives rather than enjoying the best players in the world.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
he been killing WIlliams too
That’s what we been waiting for, Curry get the switch on Williams to bring his ass outside the paint and like clock work he’s getting cooked.. Same with Hortford… Have Poole and Curry hunt them switches on the Celtics bigs and it’s game over

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The worrying thing for GS is, even taking back homecourt advantage, Steph has to be near perfect for them to win. He has to keep up this level of play because I don't see Poole, Klay, Wiggins etc stepping up and being Kyrie to his Bron anytime soon. If Tatum can show up, and the rest of the Celtics can play similar to how they've been performing, it'll give Boston the edge. But again, that's going to be dependent on him rising to the occasion.

Still plenty more twists and turns to come.

Warriors role players will play better at home that’s how the NBA works.

Warriors we’re Horford turning into Reggie Miller away from winning the first two games at home

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
The Celtics defense has caused all sorts of problems for the Warriors.
This series isn't over and I think both teams have a real shot of victory.

That said, what has clearly emerged on this board over the past few days is that seemingly no one is actually rooting for the Celtics here.
With the losses, all people on this board do is praise or bash Jayson Tatum.

There are at least 3 threads now:

1. Jayson Tatum gave me depression again
2. I've seen enough thru 4 games...
3. Jayson Tatum is NOT a "Superstar"

where if you read through the comments, you'll see a lot of references about Tatum not being Kobe.

And that's the subtext of these 2022 NBA Finals.
An entire group of people on this board who view a Celtics championship, a Jayson Tatum championship....as a Kobe Bryant championship. And through 4 games they're trashing one of the best young players in the game because he seemingly isn't on the path, or isn't showing the flash that they want to equate with Tatum's idol.

Boston could very well still win this series. Their defense is suffocating and Ime Udoka has shown the ability to adjust multiple times already in these playoffs. The same is true for the job Steve Kerr and his coaching staff has done.

But like ...well I suppose most Finals...the fans are stuck on petty and stupid narratives rather than enjoying the best players in the world.
:unimpressed:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dude,

Steph Curry is balling.
Jaylen Brown is balling.
Robert Williams has been blocking and altering shots like a MF.
Draymond Green, even with his offensive struggles and foul trouble is a borderline genius at anticipating what the Celtics will do.
I think even Wiggins is playing very well.

There's a lot to enjoy in these Finals. To me it feels like a real chess match.

Daps
Warriors role players will play better at home that’s how the NBA works.

Warriors we’re Horford turning into Reggie Miller away from winning the first two games at home
You say the Warriors role players will play better at home, but we already know that isn't entirely true, hence you just stating that Horford turned into Reggie on the road. The Celtics as a team have shot incredibly well over the course of these first four games, and I honestly don't see it changing. They've proven throughout the playoffs, at home or on the road, that their role players will step up when needed.

The difference in this series has been Steph playing like a God and Tatum playing like a bum. Switch their support casts and this shyt would've been a sweep.