The Irish Try To Cross The Bay, Will They Make A Splash? | Official Celtics vs. Warriors NBA Finals Thread

WHO WINS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
The series comes down to Tatum. Steph had a big game. Tatum has to answer. Turnovers are always gonna be a problem.

An average Tatum and Boston wins. He's been awful.
youre not winning a finals if your best , All-NBA player is average breh. Boston doesnt deserve to win off the strength of Tatums performance vs Stephs

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I think Celtics will bounce back and be fine. They had a similar crushing loss to Milwaukee and it felt like it would define why they loss the series, but they responded really well the next two games. It’s definitely going 7 though. They can’t play two great games back to back to save their lives. They always take the tough route.
meh

never thought Milwaukee would beat Boston tbh. Without Middleton there was honestly zero chance. Even after game 5 I knew Boston would win

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Tatum is just in his head (and his shoulder isn't completely right), and it's coming at the worst time possible. Nobody on the Warriors can really stop him, but he's bailing them out with poor play. You know what time it is when he tries floaters against Bjelica instead of taking it to his chest at the rim.

:manny:
to say nobody can stop him is bullshyt.

he's weak. homie cant get to the rim or backdown anyone. And he isnt finishing at the rim over smaller players.

if he isnt draining 3s or kicking the ball out he is useless in this series

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
No he didn’t 🤣🤣 y’all was a jimmy butler mistake of going home. Don’t beat yo chest like y’all 4-0 us
Paul George lite is not the reason Boston in the finals
Can’t wait when jaylen leaves
explain the jaylen part fam, what makes you think hes leaving

Daps
to say nobody can stop him is bullshyt.

he's weak. homie cant get to the rim or backdown anyone. And he isnt finishing at the rim over smaller players.

if he isnt draining 3s or kicking the ball out he is useless in this series
I mean, Draymond is the only dude on the team that can stop him from getting to his spots. Nobody else. But Dray has to worry up all the other shyt on the defensive end, so it's not like he can be on Tatum, full-time. It's why a lot of his struggles are on him, because he's making life difficult for himself, and not opting to take the higher probability shots. This is what we've come to expect from Tatum though. He makes it unnecessarily hard on himself; it's almost as if he subconsciously tries to play for style points rather than just getting the bucket.

The Bucks have better personnel to defend him, but he cooked them nxggas. When he was on, he had his way with Jrue, Giannis and whoever Milwaukee put on him. Come this series and he just doesn't have it. He's struggling to get going against weaker defenders and not allowing himself to turn the page on his play. I don't doubt some of it has to do with his shoulder, but we're at the stage where almost everyone is carrying some ailment that they have to push through.

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Celtics needed a historic 4th quarter 3 point performance and Horford turning into Reggie Miller in game 1 from being down 3-1

They shot 40 percent from 3 last night at home and still lost.

I think the Warriors role players play well enough at home for GS to win in 7

Daps
The worrying thing for GS is, even taking back homecourt advantage, Steph has to be near perfect for them to win. He has to keep up this level of play because I don't see Poole, Klay, Wiggins etc stepping up and being Kyrie to his Bron anytime soon. If Tatum can show up, and the rest of the Celtics can play similar to how they've been performing, it'll give Boston the edge. But again, that's going to be dependent on him rising to the occasion.

Still plenty more twists and turns to come.

Last edited: