The Irish Try To Cross The Bay, Will They Make A Splash? | Official Celtics vs. Warriors NBA Finals Thread

WHO WINS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm seeing a lotta Tatum double team talk. I rewatched game 1 and he was not doubled a single time. A lotta C's fans make this mistake saying that he gets doubled and triple teamed all game. It's not true. Help defense is not double teaming. Guys hedging picks and recovering is not double teams.

This is the NBA Courtoptix playoff double teams data. Tatum ain't in the top 20.

https://nbacourtoptix.nba.com/en/metrics/double-teams

Honestly my biggest issue with Tatum in G2 is I felt too many possessions he was playing for the foul instead of trying to score. It seemed like the refs missed some in the 1st and after that he started pressing. I haven’t rewatched though

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
Honestly my biggest issue with Tatum in G2 is I felt too many possessions he was playing for the foul instead of trying to score. It seemed like the refs missed some in the 1st and after that he started pressing. I haven’t rewatched though

I haven't rewatched either but Ime has talked about guys going for fouls instead of trying to score. That's been a problem for years, probably since they got Kyrie. Too often, Tatum will flail and fall away from the basket while finishing at the rim. He'll just throw himself at guys and throw up some wild shyt in hopes of getting a call. He should watch some Isaiah Thomas and Paul Pierce video of how to take contact, sight the basket, and finish or get a shot on the rim :dame:

CSquare43

Superstar
Daps
@CSquare43 yall were jinxed :wow:

Man, I've been MIA...too much going on.

Game 1 was an incredible come back, respek to Boston for owning the 4th, but I wasn't bothered by the loss, called it ahead of time. Too much time off...but nothing I saw worried me.

Game 2, obviously we came out focused. Steph is on a mission and I don't think anyone is getting in his way.

'...I'm focused mannnnn....!!!!'

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
He should actually take his Kobe worship to the next level in the off season. Mamba used to workout with trainers who were told to rough him up during shooting drills. Conditioned him to absorb contact in the act of shooting.

Tatum gets fouled a LOT. Noticed that throughout these playoffs. He doesn't get the calls that his status in the league warrants. And he's first team all NBA.

He's going to have to find a work around for the no calls. Nba officiating is terrible and inconsistent.
Easy for people to say he should just brush it off and keep playing, but getting mugged without getting the whistle throws you off.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I'm seeing a lotta Tatum double team talk. I rewatched game 1 and he was not doubled a single time. A lotta C's fans make this mistake saying that he gets doubled and triple teamed all game. It's not true. Help defense is not double teaming. Guys hedging picks and recovering is not double teams.

This is the NBA Courtoptix playoff double teams data. Tatum ain't in the top 20.

https://nbacourtoptix.nba.com/en/metrics/double-teams
not a single time

im talking about this series
I not talking bout the season
the stat means nothing
I never said he was the most double teamed player

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
not a single time

im talking about this series
I not talking bout the season
the stat means nothing
I never said he was the most double teamed player

That's not a double team. That's Looney hedging and not having the agility/ speed to recover as Robert Williams blows by. Looney has to jump the pick cuz Smart is picking Porter, but Porter is able to break free and recover back to Tatum at the same time Looney gets there. It's just help defense / pick n rolls hedge and recover. Not a double team.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
That's not a double team. That's Looney hedging and not having the agility/ speed to recover as Robert Williams blows by. Looney has to jump the pick cuz Smart is picking Porter, but Porter is able to break free and recover back to Tatum at the same time Looney gets there. It's just help defense / pick n rolls hedge and recover. Not a double team.
:mjlol: you know that is not a hedge
you know u can double on a pick and roll

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Warriors so far beating the Celtics 7 of the total 8 quarters played bro… so how it’s red help?
If yall dont know how refs can manipulate games, disrupt team rhythm, flow and etc, then I dont know what else to say :manny:. Its only right for Boston to get the same treatment/courtesy at home.