The Irish Try To Cross The Bay, Will They Make A Splash? | Official Celtics vs. Warriors NBA Finals Thread

WHO WINS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daps
majority of the time no
did u watch how they let bigs switch on him
actually address my statements
The majority of the time Steph is getting doubled, and/or shadowed with a help defender(s). It's how the entire league defends him, and has been defending him for years now. The moments where there's single coverage on him are far and few between and that's when he's picking his moments to score. His off-ball movement is allowing him to disrupt the Celtics defense, so that when he does get doubled/shadowed he can free himself from those shackles and restart the process of getting open again.

Tatum is NOT getting doubled anywhere near to the same degree. 90+% of the time they're defending him with a single man, and really at times haven't been treating his shot with enough respect, because they're typically going under the screen or letting him go 1v1 against a smaller defender. The only times he gets doubled is when he dribbles himself into a dead-end or when the Warriors can close his options off with another defender in proximity (but they do that to all the Celtics players).

It's patently ridiculous to even claim they're doubling him on every play (and not Steph) - whether that is you exaggerating for effect or not.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
The majority of the time Steph is getting doubled, and/or shadowed with a help defender(s). It's how the entire league defends him, and has been defending him for years now. The moments where there's single coverage on him are far and few between and that's when he's picking his moments to score. His off-ball movement is allowing him to disrupt the Celtics defense, so that when he does get doubled/shadowed he can free himself from those shackles and restart the process of getting open again.

Tatum is NOT getting doubled anywhere near to the same degree. 90+% of the time they're defending him with a single man, and really at times haven't been treating his shot with enough respect, because they're typically going under the screen or letting him go 1v1 against a smaller defender. The only times he gets doubled is when he dribbles himself into a dead-end or when the Warriors can close his options off with another defender in proximity (but they do that to all the Celtics players).

It's patently ridiculous to even claim they're doubling him on every play (and not Steph) - whether that is you exaggerating for effect or not.

all his fgs
what play was he doubled on
if u want to call the 2min mark a double thats a stretch
none of the others plays were a double

Daps

all his fgs
what play was he doubled on
if u want to call the 2min mark a double thats a stretch
none of the others plays were a double

Did you purposefully not read my post where I specifically said -

"The moments where there's single coverage on him are far and few between and that's when he's picking his moments to score".

How many FGs was Tatum doubled on, considering you stated he was "doubled on every play"?

You don't even realize that you tangled yourself up in your own argument trying to make the claim Tatum was getting doubled on "every play", then trying to use the instances where Steph scores as a reflection of him not getting doubled, when Tatum's field goal-makes were against single coverage just the same. Look at all the plays where Steph isn't scoring, but his gravity is dragging another defender(s) towards him and freeing up his teammates; the Warriors aren't treating Tatum like that. Almost every single offensive possession in Game 2 the Warriors were defending Tatum with a single man and living with the consequences.

He's not the shooter that Steph is and he's not the off-the-ball mover that Steph is, and the Celtics have more shooting versatility than the Warriors do, so why the hell would you believe they're doubling him more than Steph?

Honestly, you've embarrassed yourself all throughout this thread when it comes to Steph. It's probably for the best if you just fall back and watch the games and don't post about them. No amount of juelzing is gonna cover up the hate that everyone can see.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Did you purposefully not read my post where I specifically said -

"The moments where there's single coverage on him are far and few between and that's when he's picking his moments to score".

How many FGs was Tatum doubled on, considering you stated he was "doubled on every play"?

You don't even realize that you tangled yourself up in your own argument trying to make the claim Tatum was getting doubled on "every play", then trying to use the instances where Steph scores as a reflection of him not getting doubled, when Tatum's field goal-makes were against single coverage just the same. Look at all the plays where Steph isn't scoring but his gravity is dragging another defender(s) towards him and freeing up his teammates; the Warriors aren't treating Tatum like that. Almost every single offensive possession in Game 2 the Warriors were defending Tatum with a single man and living with the consequences.

He's not the shooter that Steph is and he's not the off-ball mover that Steph is, and the Celtics have more shooting versatility than the Warriors do, so why the hell would you believe they're doubling him more than Steph?

Honestly, you've embarrassed yourself all throughout this thread when it comes to Steph. It's probably for the best if you just fall back and watch the games and don't post about them. No amount of juelzing is gonna cover up the hate that everyone can see.

come bruh :russ: I dont even care no more you got it
thats how they guard him the majority of the game
he is not seeing no double teams
you don't read what I said as far as Tatum
those shots are 3s which I clearly said in my post
They are giving Tatum threes nothing else