The Irish Try To Cross The Bay, Will They Make A Splash? | Official Celtics vs. Warriors NBA Finals Thread

WHO WINS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GOAT

The bubble was fraudulent
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol: Rewatching the game and couldn't help but laugh when they showed a Draymond Green "highlight reel" late in the game and it was nothing but him flopping, talking trash and committing offensive fouls and getting away with it.

rbksNgirbauds

Even on the court we stay flyy, Jada & A.I.
Daps
Didn't the league space these games out like this after the 2015 finals or am I tripping?

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

Fake tough guy act of Dray wouldn't have worked in the era he's talking about. Dudes actually walked into team buses as visiting team was leaving to settle problems. He can relate to that because Tristan Thompson ran down on him and roughed his bytch ass up at a club years ago.
That kind of action took place AFTER games, and guys saw who was really about that action. Teammates and opponents. Only so long fake thugs could pretend.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

Since 2019 means, "since the pandemic" because its actually lower than the last nba finals on reg scheduling (pre-pandemic). Everyone by now should be aware that 2020 and 2021 was were killed by the pandemic/riots (bubble)

The Thursday night NBA Finals opener between the Golden State Warriors and the Boston Celtics was the least-watched Game 1 held in June since the San Antonio Spurs swept the Cleveland Cavaliers in 2007, some 15 years ago.

Jon Lewis of Sports Media Watch, reports that Game 1 drew a 6.3 average of 11.9 million viewers, topping only the previous two Finals, which were held at odd times of the year for the league because of the pandemic.

Pending any potential out-of-home lift, the Celtics’ comeback win declined 19% in ratings and 11% in viewership from Warriors-Raptors Game 1 in 2019, the previous Finals to take place June (7.9, 13.38M),” Lewis wrote. “It currently ranks as the lowest rated and least-watched Finals game involving Curry (29 telecasts), falling below Game 4 of the 2019 series (7.6, 12.79M).”

Lewis blamed waning interest for the ratings dip.

rbksNgirbauds

Even on the court we stay flyy, Jada & A.I.
Daps
Don't remember that there was so much time between games before but I could be wrong
Yeah I remember it being just one day in between the 2015 finals. But after that it's been forever and that day
Kinda makes sense tho, media was making a big hoopla about Lebron looking gassed in those finals. NBA ain't slick :lolbron: