The Irish Try To Cross The Bay, Will They Make A Splash? | Official Celtics vs. Warriors NBA Finals Thread

WHO WINS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raquinotj

#NBATwitter #NBAReddit #6ixRings #PatsNation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of champions BAWSTON
And the Warriors hadn't lost a home game in the playoffs before last night and that changed in an instant. Anything can happen from here. And if Boston winning is contingent on shooting 50% from the 3pt line I'd like my odds if I was the Warriors.

You’re in for a rude awakening, Boston can win different ways. Defensive bloodbath, can beat them in the paint can beat them in a 3 point shootout like last night. I hope the warriors ready for a dogfight.

Steph Curry looked exhausted in the 4th quarter. They wore him out with the physicality. Gonna have to hit 10 3s every game. Celtics gave him way too much space in the first quarter.

Last edited:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Yeah Boston had something to do with GS missing all those shots. I know last night was hard but it happened.
Boston was (probably is) the better team and deserved to win. I am not taking anything away from that.

But when you go 6 minutes without scoring, thats on you as a team. When your opponent hits 10 straight buckets, thats on you as a defense and the divine entity himself. Boston can very well win game 2 and win the series in 5 for all i know and I wouldnt be that surprised at this point. But I dont think its as simple as "Bostons defense was incredible in the fourth". nikkas had open shots and missed them. nikkas also committed a lot of dumb unforced turnovers (Poole, Dray especially)

Robbo

All Star
Daps
Boston was (probably is) the better team and deserved to win. I am not taking anything away from that.

But when you go 6 minutes without scoring, thats on you as a team. When your opponent hits 10 straight buckets, thats on you as a defense and the divine entity himself. Boston can very well win game 2 and win the series in 5 for all i know and I wouldnt be that surprised at this point. But I dont think its as simple as "Bostons defense was incredible in the fourth". nikkas had open shots and missed them. nikkas also committed a lot of dumb unforced turnovers (Poole, Dray especially)
I think their defense was incredible in the 4th and I think the Warriors started to feed into it. However, the Celtics did what the Warriors have done to other teams. Warriors would make some shots.. they were smart and would get some easy 2's and the Celtics came down and would hit a 3. But I think Kerr has made adjustments in series' before. I think they'll be much better in game 2.. and who knows what th3 Celtics will be in game 2.

I think defensively they need to change some things up. They collapse too deep into the paint and give up open 3s. The Celtics did a good job of leaving Draymond in no man's land over and over

qashif

All Star
Daps
You’re in for a rude awakening, Boston can win different ways. Defensive bloodbath, can beat them in the paint can beat them in a 3 point shootout like last night. I hope the warriors ready for a dogfight.

Steph Curry looked exhausted in the 4th quarter. They wore him out with the physicality. Gonna have to hit 10 3s every game. Celtics gave him way too much space in the first quarter.

pretty inexcusable 1st quarter defense that could've cost the Cs the game

why would you ever play Curry to drive off the high pnr :dahell:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Each game has it's own string of unexpected shyt and unsung heroes, otherwise we'd all be rich parlaying the same players to get the same stats. That said, game 2 should be the most aggressive and desperate GSW will be playing in their entire playoff run to date; so how Boston fares collectively will be interesting.

i.e. If GSW can't build much separation from BOS or is even trailing, then that means GS's defense may still be leaking after game 1; if BOS doesn't have to stress as much to score, then they became ridiculously hard to beat.