The Irish Try To Cross The Bay, Will They Make A Splash? | Official Celtics vs. Warriors NBA Finals Thread

WHO WINS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
And if they do then what? You can't bank on all that mythology in a seven game series against a team as good as the warriors... The cells not losing 2 straight to the Orlando Magic and the Washington Wizards 5 months ago shouldn't have any bearing on what's going on right now imo
They didn't lose 2 straight to the defending champions

The #1 seed in the East

:dwillhuh:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Can’t play iggy and green together honestly

Yep and age is catching up with them because the celtics are young and can run. The Warriors high powered offense may actually help tire them out faster while the Celtics can get stronger as the series goes on.

This is an instance where I actually believe running a more methodical controlling the pace offense could work to their advantage. Cause scoring quickly isn't gonna work against these youngsters (they can run all day long) and especially since the Warriors turn over the ball more than the Celtics. This could get ugly as the series extends and Curry/Klay legs get tired.

And shoot the Celtics haven't even started to target Curry yet on offense....:whew:. Man if they start targeting him and Smart continues with the the offensive and defensive pressure on Curry...this could get bad fast...:francis:

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
They didn't lose 2 straight to the defending champions

The #1 seed in the East

:dwillhuh:
The team missing Middleton was not the same team that won the title last year brother and what does any of that have to do with a totally different warriors team anyways? Miami Brooklyn Mil Orlando Chicago etc etc etc aren't the Warriors :dwillhuh:

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Yep and age is catching up with them because the celtics are young and can run. The Warriors high powered offense may actually help tire them out faster while the Celtics can get stronger as the series goes on.

This is an instance where I actually believe running a more methodical controlling the pace offense could work to their advantage. Cause scoring quickly isn't gonna work against these youngsters (they can run all day long) and especially since the Warriors turn over the ball more than the Celtics. This could get ugly as the series extends and Curry/Klay legs get tired.

And shoot the Celtics haven't even started to target Curry yet on offense....:whew:. Man if they start targeting him and Smart continues with the the offensive and defensive pressure on Curry...this could get bad fast...:francis:
This is what I was saying in the 1st and the 2nd

They were getting steals and were in position for boards and such but a lot of times when they had opportunities, the Dubs were rushing down the court like mad men.

Which is understandable in a sense, knowing Boston's defense but a lot of them shyts were wasted possessions

Had they slowed it down a bit on a few of those, the game would have be much further out of reach

Also...Jordan Poole has about 1 Quarter left to show me he's in a Championship mindset. Otherwise leave that man out the game unless Steph or Klay ABSOLUTELY need rest.

Georgiamuscle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Rise up!
IMG_3531.jpg

Iggy and dray left wide open
While 2 guys chase Curry
But he didn’t need KD they said :ohhh:
Steph is the most doubled player ever according to Dubs(Steph) stans so that shouldn’t be an issue or talking point

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps

To me this is going to be a Marcus Smart series … for better or worse I think where the celts go in these finals will depend a lot of what he’s able to do on both ends of the ball… how much of an impact will he have on curry 1:1 how much help will they need to bring …can he stay with him on those flare screens … will his length bother steph on those ball screens … can he track him in transition and then offensively can he produced EFFICIENTLY that 8-22 shyt ain’t gone cut it at all against this team… he has to get physical with steph offensively and get into his body ..wear on him some and attack

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
The more I think about it the more I think this loss sits firmly on the shoulders of Kerr.

Leaving Curry out for so long after he was hot? Dumb. And everyone saying he was tired, yeah ok fine, but you also don’t have to sit him for as long as he did.

Keeping Poole in instead of Porter. Poole was what, -19? A turnstile on defense, overdribbling when he got the ball, hesitant to shoot when open. Which is weird because usually Kerr has an extremely short leash for him.

Having Draymond and Iggy on the floor at the same time. Offense was stagnant and you have those two on the floor?? Yeah, he was feeling a bit too confident with that 12-point lead and they paid for it.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is what I was saying in the 1st and the 2nd

They were getting steals and were in position for boards and such but a lot of times when they had opportunities, the Dubs were rushing down the court like mad men.

Which is understandable in a sense, knowing Boston's defense but a lot of them shyts were wasted possessions

Had they slowed it down a bit on a few of those, the game would have be much further out of reach

Also...Jordan Poole has about 1 Quarter left to show me he's in a Championship mindset. Otherwise leave that man out the game unless Steph or Klay ABSOLUTELY need rest.

Yep I know they are trying to play to their strengths. But they are not running these kids out the building and they aren't 26 to 28 years old themselves. Their best players are old and even their vets like Iggy are old and washed. They are deep but no where deep like the late 2010s warriors. So thinking you can run and gun with a bunch of 30 year old stars that got a lot of miles on their legs ain't gonna work.

Also what is gonna bite them is that due to their depth the warriors always played their stars low minutes between 30 and 34 minutes a game even in the playoffs their minutes only would rise like 2 or 3 minutes. But that was when they had depth and youth on their side. Now that depth ain't the same and they don't have the youth on their side. So that means these old stars now got to play in the high 30 minutes a game in the finals (cause some of the bench players are unplayable against the Celtics). So we all know the toll that will happen to a bunch of 30 year old players with multiple long playoff runs.

As far as the celtics they play high minutes (due to a short rotation) and are young. Them high 30s and low 40 minutes ain't even gonna bother them the next game. Them young kats can do this all series long...especially when comparing this series to the physical series vs the Bucks and Heat. In this series they get to play open court all series run up and down the court and don't have to get beat up on defense and offense.

Last edited:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Im really impressed when the Celtics decide to get locked in on defense. The switching is great and they force the Warriors to shoot from further out, while forcing those other than Steph or Jon B to shoot.

Yeah brotha....been saying for awhile their starting 5 (when Rob can play) has the highest defensive IQ in the league....just insanely smart.

Last edited: