The Irish Try To Cross The Bay, Will They Make A Splash? | Official Celtics vs. Warriors NBA Finals Thread

WHO WINS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
For sure, but that comes with the territory, people always go overboard when picking the favorites and what not in the finals and me I've personally doubted Boston all season and playoffs so this is nothing new to me. :russ:

Just from an analytical basketball perspective this team is massively outplaying expectations, so of course the talking heads and fans will do that.

The thing is though Boston has been the team in basketball the 2nd half of the season and they were washing teams and it wasn't even close, so this performance shouldn't be surprising at all. I really think it's a reverse psychology situation so that people and talking heads can have hot takes and conversations about Curry and the Warriors if they falter as they reasoning for them winning makes no basketball sense with what we've seen.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
The thing is though Boston has been the team in basketball the 2nd half of the season and they were washing teams and it wasn't even close, so this performance shouldn't be surprising at all. I really think it's a reverse psychology situation so that people and talking heads can have hot takes and conversations about Curry and the Warriors if they falter as they reasoning for them winning makes no basketball sense with what we've seen.
Partially, but the other part is that a lot of Boston's players are playing better than they have ever before and people keep expecting for them to slow down, myself included.

Jaylen Brown had a great 4th QTR

They not winning this series unless they get more from Tatum tho

He'll have his games, but he did was he supposed to in this game, when the rest of the team is that hot you just keep feeding the hot hand. When they need you to get 30 you get 30, no need to disrupt your own teammates rhythm to get yours

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
Poole is in his first playoff run
Wiggins is in his first playoff run*
Looney is a fringe NBA talent
Kuminga is a rookie
Wiseman can't even play.

This isn't a championship roster. It's Steph and guys who're past their best and guys who aren't anywhere near their best.
You’re short sighted and not very bright.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Partially, but the other part is that a lot of Boston's players are playing better than they have ever before and people keep expecting for them to slow down, myself included.

That's the case mainly with someone like Derrick White though. Someone like Grant Williams isn't surprising as Boston didn't want to give him to Milwaukee when they came asking at the deadline and Horford was never washed. He was just a bad fit in Philly.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
That's the case mainly with someone like Derrick White though. Someone like Grant Williams isn't surprising as Boston didn't want to give him to Milwaukee when they came asking at the deadline and Horford was never washed. He was just a bad fit in Philly.
He wasn't even a bad fit in Philly. He was a terrible fit with Embiid

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps

I know a lot of the conversation is centering around the Celtics having an unbelievable shooting night but when you look at the shots the Warriors defense literally were allowing them to take it shouldn't surprise anyone that they converted on a lot of these because they were wide open its incredible. Draymond said something really telling in the post game about Al, Derrick White, Smart likelihood of not shooting that well again and when you watch the game the W’s strategy is clearly to over help on Green and Tatums penetration, crowd the paint on the boxes and elbows and dare the Celts to shoot them out of that coverage (Draymond is literally 5-7 feet away from Al on a few of his 3 point attempts)... And in this game the Celts made them pay for that... GS guards have got to do a better job recovering off of the help if they're going to have success because while the Celts may not shoot this well again its doubtful that they won't make at least.. Some of these designed wide open looks that the Warriors are giving them.

Last edited:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

This and also folks don't know the history of the celtics and them only winning 1 ring in 35 years has blinded folks on how the Celtics have always played basketball.

The Celtics have always played team basketball when they had championship teams. With their championship teams normally their stars are good but not the most athletic or most gifted in the league. Their stars never lead the league in scoring or tops in ppg (for example no Celtics player has ever led the league in scoring). When the celtics win championships their teams normally play great defense, are hard nosed, have stars/roll players/bench warmers that hustle and make plays and they share the ball using high IQ team basketball.

Their star player isn't going to score 30 a game in the finals (or even playoff series at times) and their star might even have some stinkers in a series and their role players will step up and make big plays. shyt the Celtics have won championships with their best or co-best player avg 21, 17 ppg leading the team in scoring in the finals (in Paul Pierce, JoJo White and Cedric Maxwell). Even their greatest scorers in Bird and Havlicek at most avg 26 and 27 in the finals on Boston Championship teams.

These last few generations of NBA fans been blinded by MJ, Kobe, Shaq, Lebron, Hakeem and others avg 30 plus ppg in the finals (and at times next best teamate avg in the teens on championship teams). That ain't how the Celtics have historically played and won.....they win with team basketball/balanced scoring and that is the reason they lead the league in championships for so long until the lakers tied them in 2020.

So I don't know why folks are shocked at what the Celtics team is doing. When you take all of that into account, not to mention how the league leans in on them (and the lakers when times are hard), the fact that they almost always make the finals every decade, they don't lose in the finals to but the lakers (outside of the 1958 St. Louis Hawks) and have had 3 of the 6 black head coaches that have won championships.

Since the playoff brackets were set I been saying the Celtics in 7 whoever they played in the finals (Celtics normally have long playoff and final series its darn near their MO) long as Rob Williams could give them some minutes throughout the playoffs.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Also Tatum had a bad shooting game, but still had a great game putting his imprint on the game and making an impact on offense and defense.

Many great HOFs who were scorers and as young as Tatum would not have said hey I am having a bad shooting night, but let me continue to make plays for my teammates and get them open looks.

But hey that is Celtics basketball...team concept pass to the open man even if you are the star player and especially if you are struggling with your shot.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Originalman writing a long ass thesis early am
My brother go get some coffee
Warriors in 6 , nothing changed

:mjlol:What up pawg set. I know you had roll out the bed and reach over your becky to grab the phone and comment on this series to support your fellow canadian brotha in Wiggins. :wow:

I support your dedication breh....dedication is supporting your fellow canadian breh......not the whole becky thing....:lolbron: