The idea of Masculinity: is it harmful or helpful to today's black male youth?

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Hypermascilinity is harmful. Boys learning about manhood from the media instead of men of integrity is harmful. The media is the way government operates social engineering. Television tells lies to your vision. We need men of honor to pass down wisdom to the youth and to respect the women.

Masculinity and femininity are not mutually exclusive. They work together like yin and yang, light and dark, day and night. Everyone has a different level of balance. Thats why we have feminine males and masculine females.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Being a man isn't about being tough and aggressive

Masculine traits: Honor, steadfastness, discipline, courage, sense of responsibility, Strength, sacrifice, noble, dominant, competitive, confident

Tell me how those things are traits we shouldn't instill in all young men :francis:

My son will have all of these traits taught to him, your sons are free to twerk tho:yeshrug:
Well, that's that.

What are everyone's plans for this evening? :jawalrus:

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Being a man isn't about being tough and aggressive

Masculine traits: Honor, steadfastness, discipline, courage, sense of responsibility, Strength, sacrifice, noble, dominant, competitive, confident

Tell me how those things are traits we shouldn't instill in all young men :francis:

My son will have all of these traits taught to him, your sons are free to twerk tho:yeshrug:
Some of those are values and arent exclusive to masculinity but meh.... :ehh:

MegaManX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Apedemak%20sprite%202_zpsbff3fcm4.jpg

This is Masculinity. The Media wants us to think feminine bytch ass dudes is whats up and acceptable. My son will know how to kill by 3.

We must re-educate our children before people like young thug make them believe wearing high heels is acceptable behavior as a straight male.

Don't mind me. I am just a game developer being unapologetic.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
The black youth is taught that masculinity = how many women you smash, how many pairs of Jordans you own, how long your rapsheet is, how many bodies you got, how much drugs you"ve sold and basicly how tough and violent you are. In the black community, thats considered a "real n1kka".
Some people might be taught that but y'all suburban dudes gotta stop with the craziness. Outside of the first one you sound like some white person that takes pictures with black kids in foreign countries and sad thing is a lot of you cats on here be on that stupid shyt. Idgaf what y'all say y'all might be black but y'all can't convince me y'all from nowhere but the nicest of neighborhoods or in the words of Hov "you ain't live it you witnessed it from your folks pad" cause its too much stereotyping going on that reeks of cats with no connection to the situation period. The first thing you mentioned is definitely being part of a man just like getting a dude that will commit seems to be a thing for a lot of women to harp on

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The black youth is taught that masculinity = how many women you smash, how many pairs of Jordans you own, how long your rapsheet is, how many bodies you got, how much drugs you"ve sold and basicly how tough and violent you are. In the black community, thats considered a "real n1kka".
This is not true