The idea of Masculinity: is it harmful or helpful to today's black male youth?

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
correction..

Being a "male" means you have a dikk.....You have to have substance to be a man.

There are plenty of bytchasses out there with dikks.....There are also trannys with dikks.
Theres also some trannys that will whoop your ass :heh:

I bet if you got your ass beat by a tranny you'd tell the whole world you lost to a man:usure:

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Theres also some trannys that will whoop your ass :heh:

I bet if you got your ass beat by a tranny you'd tell the whole world you lost to a man:usure:

I could get my ass whooped by a butch dyke on a bad day......Me getting my ass whooped doesnt necessarily mean the person who did the whooping has substance. A person who never took care of his children but is now high off PCP could take me down...He wouldnt be defined as a man tho due to him being an irresponsible dad.

*forgive me for this weak back and forth but I'm bored at work and have to kill time somehow*

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
I could get my ass whooped by a butch dyke on a bad day......Me getting my ass whooped doesnt necessarily mean the person who did the whooping has substance. A person who never took care of his children but is now high off PCP could take me down...He wouldnt be defined as a man tho due to him being an irresponsible dad.

*forgive me for this weak back and forth but I'm bored at work and have to kill time somehow*
same here:heh:

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Black males(especially Youth) are stereotyped as hyper sexualized beasts who can't control themselves. They would have you believe every black male over the age of 16

Has a roster of full of women
Multiple baby mothers
Is completely incapable of being in a monogamous relationship

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
The idea of "being a man" has gotten so twisted and convoluted these days. One person will tell you being a man is being a crutch to a woman. Another person will tell you being a man is being some tactless, unfeeling force of nature whos only goal is to hoard success, money and women.
It seems like parents would have a hard time teaching what real masculinity is because there's not even a concrete definition on what that is. People just say what is convenient to them at the moment.
Thats what thecoli tells me :banderas:

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
I think true masculinity needs to be clearly defined. People sometimes have differing views on masculinity.

Some feel a real man is a heterosexual male.

Some feel being a real man is being sole or main provider for his girl and wife...whereas others may see him as simping, tricking, or being taken advantage of.

Some feel being a real man is being able to be hood, aggressive and knowing how to fight another dude and being in trouble a lot.

Some feel being a real man is having super masculine mannerisms, appearance and exhibiting masculine behaviors.

Some feel being a real man is being Christian, loving and honoring the Lord, and attending church regularly and giving back to church.

Some feel just having a penis makes u a real man.

So we need to clearly define what a real man is as well as a real woman...so we can teach our youth what being a real man and woman is and how to pick one out.

Farrinto

Who's the best MCs? Biggie, Jay-Z, and Nas
Daps
Reppin
Philly
So we need to clearly define what a real man is as well as a real woman...so we can teach our youth what being a real man and woman is and how to pick one out

We need to kill that "real man" and "real woman" bullshyt because there's no such thing. Most people only use those terms to manipulate people into doing what the person wants them to do by attacking their man/womanhood. Ex. "Real men always pay for meals/"Real women clean/fukk for their man on demand"

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
The black youth is taught that masculinity = how many women you smash, how many pairs of Jordans you own, how long your rapsheet is, how many bodies you got, how much drugs you"ve sold and basicly how tough and violent you are. In the black community, thats considered a "real n1kka".

Look at The Booth and see how many people respect some killer or goon dude that can't spit for shyt, as a "real nikka".

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Being a man isn't about being tough and aggressive

Masculine traits: Honor, steadfastness, discipline, courage, sense of responsibility, Strength, sacrifice, noble, dominant, competitive, confident

Tell me how those things are traits we shouldn't instill in all young men :francis:

My son will have all of these traits taught to him, your sons are free to twerk tho:yeshrug:
:salute:some iron John shyt right here.