The Ice Bowl, Part 2: The Official COWBOYS (#3) @ PACKERS (#2) NFC Divisional Playoffs Thread

Who advances to the NFC Championship?

• The visiting Cowboys

Votes: 59 44.4%
  • The hosting Packers

Votes: 74 55.6%

• Total voters

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My fam in Milwaukee and Kenosha sayings the weather will.be nice and clear. I lived in wisconsin for years and if theres no wind chill then the weather ainy no issue. I played football there and never wore sleeves and i wasnt big. There saying it probbaly wont be no high winds so passing conditions should remain unefffected. I would treat this game as a regular game if im Garrett. The game last year against the Giants in the upnorth was like 25 degrees and breezey and we handled the Giants pretty well.

Daps
Frozen tundra:laff:do people forget that ever since mike vick came through that place they never been the same:laff:
339acb6b_CharlieMurphyLaugh.gif

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Frozen tundra:laff:do people forget that ever since mike vick came through that place they never been the same:laff:

Mike Vick was 12 years ago :dahell:

But you are right :leon: Packers haven't won at Lambeau a lot since then. GB won the Super Bowl by winning 3 straight on the road as a Wild Card team.

They beat Seattle in 2003 (33-27 in OT)

Lost to the Vikings in 2004 (31-17)

Beat Seattle in 2007 (42-20)

Lost to the Giants in 2007 (23-20 in OT)

Lost to the Giants in 2011 (37-20)

Beat the Vikings in 2012 (24-10)

Lost to the 49ers in 2013 (23-20)

3-4 at Lambeau since Mike Vick crashed through the buildings :snoop:

Its unacceptable.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal

Dallas and being on the road in the playoffs :laff: do people forget that they are 2-11 on the road in the playoffs since 1981? :laff:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
The Dallas Cowboys aren't the blitzing kind, and few teams try to pressure Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

Perhaps that could change in Sunday's NFC divisional playoff game at Lambeau Field.

AP Photo/Tom Lynn

Few quarterbacks shred blitzing defenses like Aaron Rodgers, but the Cowboys may consider taking risks given his strained left calf.
It could be one way to put Rodgers' strained left calf to the test. Rodgers returned to practice Thursday, but his mobility remains a question.

"I wouldn't be surprised to see more [blitzes] this week knowing that with his calf," Packers right guard T.J. Lang said. "I wouldn't be surprised to see them generate some extra pressure to try to move him around a little bit. I don't know, we'll have to see."

It's a risky strategy, to be sure.

Typically, Rodgers shreds defenses that try to come after him. Since he became a starter in 2008, Rodgers has the NFL's highest Total QBR (76.2) when teams send five or more pass-rushers, according to ESPN Stats & Information, and the second-best passer rating (112.5), behind only Tom Brady (113.5). He has 91 career touchdown passes and only 18 interceptions against the blitz. That's the second-best ratio in the league behind only Brady (83 touchdowns, eight interceptions) in that stretch.

It explains why teams blitzed the Packers just 26.4 percent of the time this season. Only four teams faced fewer blitzes, according to ESPN Stats & Info. Rodgers was sacked just 28 times this season, the fewest in his career when he has played a full season.

"The way we've shown we can block a four-man rush, I don't know why you wouldn't try to bring a little bit more on him," Lang said. "But with him it's kind of pick your poison."

It would take a change in philosophy on the Cowboys’ part. They blitzed on just 23.7 percent of their opponents' dropbacks this season. Only seven teams pressured less. And in last Sunday's NFC wild-card victory over the Detroit Lions, they came after Matthew Stafford with five or more rushers on just 10.9 percent of his dropbacks.
http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/17370/will-the-cowboys-blitz-aaron-rodgers

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
and we are undefeated at home smart guy :mjlol:
:umad::umad:

All the teams in NFL history that finished 8-0 on the road either made the super bowl or Championship game :umad::umad:

Last time an undefeated road team faced an undefeated home team in the playoffs the road team one :umad::umad:

Being undefeated on the road is more impressive than being undefeated at home :umad::umad:

Who cares about your undefeated record at home this year when yall have been a lot of one and dones at home recently :umad::umad::umad::umad:

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
:umad::umad:

All the teams in NFL history that finished 8-0 on the road either made the super bowl or Championship game :umad::umad:

Last time an undefeated road team faced an undefeated home team in the playoffs the road team one :umad::umad:

Being undefeated on the road is more impressive than being undefeated at home :umad::umad:

Who cares about your undefeated record at home this year when yall have been a lot of one and dones at home recently :umad::umad::umad::umad:

and who cares about your team on the road in the playoffs cuz ya'll have ZERO wins on the road recently :umad:

Oh and those teams who made the SB have a way better defense then the Cowboys. Ya'll defense is ass. Be prepare for a blow out :umad: