The Honorable President Barack Obama Lectures TLR on Lack of Black Male Voter Enthusiasm for Kamala

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A staggering number of people can’t grasp that Trump being a piece of shyt, Kamala being an embarrassing candidate, and Barack being a c00nish dude with an elite gift of gab are not oppositional ideas. You can want Trump dead and still recognize it’s difficult to feel enthusiasm for a Dem candidate who is pro-cops, pro-war, pro-crypto, pro-fossil fuel, and embracing Bush & Cheney.

This thread sums up my feelings:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why don’t he go lecture to white women like this?

I would agree if thry were ejecting a white woman.

Play the game. Why do we not do this? Jews would vote for a Jew. Chinese for a Chinese, Latino for a Latino. Those communities understand that wealth and power is through community.

We fukked up, period. And we can’t seem to admit that and make changes. This is for both genders. We fukked.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Haven't gone through the thread but there has been an increase with non white men siding with Trump. I don't understand it. I have a few brothas at my job that rock with Trump :francis:

Non whites agree with the racist shyt trump is spewing. It ain’t just in the US. There’s a lot of non whites, some even immigrants that do not duck with black people and are conservative. Look at Nicky hailey and Vivek. Plenty of those types around.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
A staggering number of people can’t grasp that Trump being a piece of shyt, Kamala being an embarrassing candidate, and Barack being a c00nish dude with an elite gift of gab are not oppositional ideas. You can want Trump dead and still recognize it’s difficult to feel enthusiasm for a Dem candidate who is pro-cops, pro-war, pro-crypto, pro-fossil fuel, and embracing Bush & Cheney.

Thread trash, tf this have to do with presidential politics? These are actually states attorney general issues. Price gouging needs to be sued and have occurred due to the result of several state regulation policies. This is also why keeping Lina Kahn at the ftc is important, she needs to change m&a precedence.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
2020 black men voted 83% to 12% for Biden. I think those numbers will hold.

I think it’s a bit presumptuous for Democrats and Obama to expect 100% of any communities vote and chastising people is definitely not the way to go.

With that said, that 13% is probably too ignorant, c00nish or contrarian to win over. They get off on the attention they receive for their viewpoints like a bunch on hoes.

Dems should just focus on energizing the 83% of us who are sane

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Kamala is a typical majority Democrat that we have gotten since Clinton.

I would rather have conversations on those issues with a Democrat (who have shown that can be pulled further left) than a Republican who would double down and cause even more problems

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Yea, come Nov 6th you better watch the media start a new barrage attack on Black Men's voting patterns. You'll see liberal cacs start talking about the "Black Maga Vote", if the orange man wins. Even if the Black Male vote is 80% kamala-20% Trump - you'll see them parrot around Obama's low energy lectures blaming us for "democracy being destroyed".

I've seen more persuasive speeches from Best Buy employee's selling warranties than I've seen from the Dems Black Male outreach speeches like the one in OP's embed.
Percentage is important, but turnout is just as important. If the vote is 80-20, but total turnout is only half, that’s huge. If groups that traditionally support democrats stay home in larger numbers than normal, Trump will win. So staying home is supporting Trump.

Fani Willis fan

Man What
Daps

The only issue is that when black people sit out the polls it will benefit republicans. However, we’re here now..before it was just a minuscule amount of blacks who were threatening to not vote blue, but now the DNC can see materialized data that is troubling to them.

The migrants that theyve brought in don’t have the ability to vote yet, so for now they still need the black men who have gone rogue.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
It’s also sobering to realize that A LOT of Americans don’t want to take part in the democracy we have, with all its intricacies and technicalities and checks and balances.

Americans from all walks want a king that gets what they want done and if that person doesn’t do it, then move on to the next cult of personality that they think will get their agenda in. That’s the direction politics has been moving, and the presidency is no longer a leisurely position of oversight like it used to be decades ago, the president is expected to weigh in on every facet of American life (economics, foreign policy, culture wars, etc). It’s very unfeasible.

It’s wholly unserious to attack a candidate for not being perfect at everything. My two cents

Last edited:

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
2020 black men voted 83% to 12% for Biden. I think those numbers will hold.

I think it’s a bit presumptuous for Democrats and Obama to expect 100% of any communities vote and chastising people is definitely not the way to go.

With that said, that 13% is probably too ignorant, c00nish or contrarian to win over. They get off on the attention they receive for their viewpoints like a bunch on hoes.

Dems should just focus on energizing the 83% of us who are sane
One thing to remember is that is those of us that actually voted. Not of the voting eligible population. When it was broken down in race and sex I think black men were only 4% of the vote and 8% for black women.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One thing to remember is that is those of us that actually voted. Not of the voting eligible population. When it was broken down in race and sex I think black men were only 4% of the vote and 8% for black women.

That’s true. Roughly half the population stays home. You shouldn’t ignore those non voters. They can be persuaded to vote.

The ones who actually voted for Trump last time though. It’s time to write those people off. They are too ignorant or contrarian to win over as we have seen in this threads