The Honorable President Barack Obama Lectures TLR on Lack of Black Male Voter Enthusiasm for Kamala

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I have to take issue with Obama talking down to Black men. No other group gets this sort of treatment. Like I understand it. It's concerning that Kamala Harris is struggling so hard with Black men considering how important this election but it should have been more of a back and forth where undecided Black men are given a forum to voice their concerns.

Kamala has my support because we need to get Trump out of the paint for good but I still take issue with this approach.

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Thread trash, tf this have to do with presidential politics? These are actually states attorney general issues. Price gouging needs to be sued and have occurred due to the result of several state regulation policies. This is also why keeping Lina Kahn at the ftc is important, she needs to change m&a precedence.

The point is, that embarrassing bum has no policies except “I’m not Trump and reproductive rights, and I will embrace republicans.” You want to generate enthusiasm among voters? Articulate a platform that focuses on things they care about. And you can’t simultaneously use an agenda of scare tactics (if you don’t vote for me instead if trump then he’ll destroy everything) and say “I can’t change the shyt you talkin bout, ask your local AG, I’m just the Prez.”

It’s one thing to recognize how heinous Trump and his new party of open psychopaths and religious rapture freaks are, but another to have that turn you into a cultish defender of people who are ghoulish and shameless scumbags. And, Black Excellence be damned, Barry O and Killa Cam are just that. They legit suck. As humans and as agents of meaningful change.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To put Barack Obama in context:

His fukking VP Eulogized a well-known White Supremacist, who treated the very
idea of SEGREGATION as a NECESSARY EVIL. :pachaha:

Literally what our parents and grandparents endured was just "okay" and "normal" to this person.
And Joe Biden was sitting there talking about how great of a man this person was.

He then goes on to be the VP of Barack Obama and cruises on that to win his own
presidential election.

You don't have to wonder what kind of person Barack Obama is.
He's pretty all caps, bold faced lettering about it.

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Kamala is a typical majority Democrat that we have gotten since Clinton.

I would rather have conversations on those issues with a Democrat (who have shown that can be pulled further left) than a Republican who would double down and cause even more problems
Sentence says it all. We’ve gotten to the point where we have to be enthusiastic and hopeful about the opportunity to pull supposed leftists to the left. I hope Trump drops dead. I hope anyone into the end if the world to being on the rapture drops dead. But I also despise what the Dem party stands for at this point.

focusloco

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NORTH LAS VEGAS
Sentence says it all. We’ve gotten to the point where we have to be enthusiastic and hopeful about the opportunity to pull supposed leftists to the left. I hope Trump drops dead. I hope anyone into the end if the world to being on the rapture drops dead. But I also despise what the Dem party stands for at this point.
What the Republican party stands for seems to be a bigger issue at this point....we got GOP Senators calling for white nationism and trying to take this country back 100 years ....the Democrats have their issues but retro Jim Crow fantasies ain't one of'em

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean whether or not they try to "take the country back".
The country in many ways hasn't progressed and several of the things holding back Black Americans still exist.

There are all kinds of structural issues, built directly into our democracy that gets handwaved away and we're all told
to just "Pull yourselves up by your bootstraps".

This is a huge problem that hasn't been meaningfully remedied by any president candidate.

People act like the stopping point was "integration" and that's it, just vote for Democrats until the heat death
of the universe and absolutely fix nothing else.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Kamala is a typical majority Democrat that we have gotten since Clinton.

I would rather have conversations on those issues with a Democrat (who have shown that can be pulled further left) than a Republican who would double down and cause even more problems
There won't be anything but "conversations"

And barely that

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
Now, the right wing will eat. Now they'll beat that drum and claim that the left is trying to stop them from being men and so on. And the usual response from other people will to tell these guys to stop being incels but it'll be too late by then. Why would these guys listen to people who have bashed them endlessly
giphy.gif

Come election time, the very same people celebrating this shyt and griping at supposed incels are going to be pulling their hair out wondering why those same people refuse to listen to them. The hit pieces will be endless and exceedingly useless. :francis:
tenor.gif

The final part is when this shyt has political ramifications and fukks over the democrats. I don't want to hear any whining from the diehards when it does. All this stuff are going have a part in the flow and it will be something. :yeshrug:
200.gif

tenor.gif

new poll from nyt came out saying only 70% of black men are voting for kamala
200.gif

i-was-right-i-told-you.gif

Obama and his ilk brought this on themselves. It was supposed to be a warning, not a prophecy. :francis:

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What the Republican party stands for seems to be a bigger issue at this point....we got GOP Senators calling for white nationism and trying to take this country back 100 years ....the Democrats have their issues but retro Jim Crow fantasies ain't one of'em

And very few Black people are actually confused about that.

It’s an obvious point, but Black men have every right to feel angry about this voting coverage that pathologizes and blames the small numbers of black folks who are disillusioned and uninspired by the Dems rather than the large numbers of rabidly racist White people inspired by Trump and propelling him to victory.

The other thing is it’s not Black men’s fault that Dems need their turn out and at least 85-90 percent of their votes. That burden needs to be spread around, and if Dems want it higher then Black people should be able to request specific policy items.

Is it c00nish to support a political movement with openly white supremacist aims? Absolutely. But it’s also c00nish to hector and lecture Black men for being uncomfortable with a dynamic that would shame a fukkin pimp.

If the argument is: “that dude is going to kill you and your family! Come with me and I’ll keep you safe - though I’ll rape you here and there, and house you in a shed and you’ll have to sleep in your own excrement” then we’re in a failed state.

Last edited: