The Hawks Spread Their Wings in the Garden...Pause: New York Knicks vs. Atlanta Hawks Series Thread

Who wins

• Knicks in 4

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Knicks in 5

Votes: 18 11.0%
  • Knicks in 6

Votes: 51 31.3%
  • Knicks in 7

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • Hawks in 4

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Hawks in 5

Votes: 13 8.0%
  • Hawks in 6

Votes: 35 21.5%
  • Hawks in 7

Votes: 8 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Estarossa

Rosé Gold
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
I hate LP simple and plain but I don’t think ol’ boy is lying as far as his reputation around the league. LP is prolly really adept at evaluating talent but he is completely inept at getting players to maximize that talent on the court. That along with his inability to manage personalities (players turning on him) or come up with any kind of gameplan whatsoever is unacceptable. :camby:

I thought the first two seasons were just growing pains but once we got all that firepower and still looked like some shyt I knew something was up.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
I hate LP simple and plain but I don’t think ol’ boy is lying as far as his reputation around the league. LP is prolly really adept at evaluating talent but he is completely inept at getting players to maximize that talent on the court. That along with his inability to manage personalities (players turning on him) or come up with any kind of gameplan whatsoever is unacceptable. :camby:

I thought the first two seasons were just growing pains but once we got all that firepower and still looked like some shyt I knew something was up.
As an NBA headcoach, evaluating talent is a great skill to have but we have a GM for a reason.

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
We talking about too much new York fandom here.

There is new York new York, which is Manhattan and new York the suburb. Sometimes along with every thing else it boils down to race issues so I expect this out of white fans, usually.

Yankees play in the Bronx,aka " North Manhattan". The jets started out as the new York Titans. Both the Yankees and the jets played at the Polo Grounds which was in Manhattan. Madison square is also in Manhattan. So it's Yankees/Jets/Knicks/Rangers., But like I said before I'll for give them if their basketball and hockey relationship so it Yankees/Jets.

Remember Atlanta does not have any legacy teams other than Georgia Tech:rolleyes: so we don't have any legacy allegiance.

the Bronx ain’t no damn "north Manhattan", you stupid motherfukka.

New York City consists of 5 boroughs. Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, The Bronx & Staten Island.

Nassau & Suffolk counties are Long Island, and Westchester County is "upstate". Educate yourself next time, dumbass.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC

New York City consists of 5 boroughs. Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, The Bronx & Staten Island.

Nassau & Suffolk counties are Long Island, and Westchester County is "upstate". Educate yourself next time, dumbass.
Westchester County ain’t upstate fam shyt is firmly downstate

A nikka in the Bronx can get to New Rochelle or Mount Vernon faster than Brooklyn

NYC mfs be on some retard we are the center of the world shyt with the if ain’t the city it’s upstate mentality :scust:

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Yo fukk all this loser New York geography talk :camby:

ATL brehs, which side got the best wing spots? I'm a ClayCo nikka but I've found the most bussin shyt on the eastside :mjgrin:

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
I do which is why I've been saying it and why so many within the coaching fraternity spoke out about his firing.

He built it with Travis. Travis and LP had to see eye to eye on prospects. Bud would have probably choose JJJ

With all due respect to you and your source I have not seen anyone or read anywhere that LP was partly or fully responsible for building this team. That’s generally a responsibility that’s generally reserved for a more veteran coach with a track record of success. Also keep in mind that the Hawks had Bud, who was wildly successful, in a dual GM/Coach role with Wes Wilcox and it was a failure. So I’m not buying that our same owner, Tony Ressler, would allow the same thing to happen with successive coaches and a coach in LP who had never coached before.

Is it possible LP was a part of player workouts during the draft process and gave Schlenk his feedback on prospects? Sure

Was LP in the war room on draft night talking to the FO and sharing insight on guys? Possibly

But was LP making decisions on drafts, long term team building strategy and player personnel? I highly doubt it breh

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps

You don't like what I'm saying, slap my face

WYA!!!!!