The Hawks Spread Their Wings in the Garden...Pause: New York Knicks vs. Atlanta Hawks Series Thread

Who wins

• Knicks in 4

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Knicks in 5

Votes: 18 11.0%
  • Knicks in 6

Votes: 51 31.3%
  • Knicks in 7

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • Hawks in 4

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Hawks in 5

Votes: 13 8.0%
  • Hawks in 6

Votes: 35 21.5%
  • Hawks in 7

Votes: 8 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Gonna be very interested to see our strategy on biid.. I believe hunter can hold Tobias to his avgs.. it’s gonna come down to who hits more threes if biid ain’t goin crazy
Hunter has to guard Simmons. Collins gonna have to guard Harris. It's been a fairly even matchup over the years.

We gotta throw that quasi double team zone at Biid if we get to the 2nd round.

idonttouchgrass

Superstar
Daps
People sleeping on us against Philly. We give them a lot more issues than they give us. That's not me saying we will win the series or not but we got more advantages. They can't stop our PnR and we can always hide Trae against them. Trae killed Philly over the years and I see no reason why he shouldn't in the playoffs either.
Hawks in 6

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Philly can't defend us. I know that for a fact. But can we defend Philly? I don't know about that one.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Hawks in 6
I hope. I know it's a favorable matchup for the Hawks. We matchup well when healthy. Hell, he gave them hell when it was just Trae and JC and they had Butler, Simmons, Biid, and Harris.

They never seem to have an answer for Trae. Simmons just ends up being screened to death

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Just to note. If not for LP we wouldn't have Trae, Hunter, or Reddish. Everyone wanted Capela, Bogi, Kevin, and JC came before LP. We drafted Dorsey in 2017, LP wouldn't have approved taking Dorsey. LP has a tremendous eye for talent.

Bruno is our only bust under LP. Travis wanted Spellman

No disrespect but I call BS breh. LP was here to coach em up. His pedigree was in player development, not roster construction. Unless you talk with senior Hawks management or know people behind the scenes I have never seen or read anything that suggests that LP had any significant input on the construction of this roster.

This team was built by Travis brick by brick. LPs job was to develop and coach

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
@AVXL, more than the ownership and management liked him. The coaches fukking loved LP. The players didn't love him at all. Cam couldn't fukking stand LP. He felt he wasn't being used right as did Bogi. Trae felt he had too do too much and we never looked as good as we know we are which we see now with Nate, we are pretty fukking amazing.

I remember watching the preseason like, we got the talent to be one of the best teams in the NBA but we look like ass. I remember chatting with @Gil Scott-Heroin about it. I mentioned Nate in pun but in reality, Nate was the guy

LP is a tremendous talent but he needs to really get a lead assistant role and just stay in that for 6-8 years, grow from it and then go and try again. Look at Jacque Vaughn, he is 10x better as a HC than he was during his Orlando days.

I mean he hired that coaching staff. If they didn’t like him then they could leave.

Im not sure why you’re so in love with LP but to each their own. He was a limited coach who alienated his own team with his rigidness, inability to game plan and his own attitude towards his players. If he’s as much of a Front office guru as you’re suggesting maybe he needs to be in a GM role but I think to say he’s a “tremendous” talent is an overreaction. Dude couldn’t do the thing he was paid to do and that was coach the team. He was not good at that

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I mean he hired that coaching staff. If they didn’t like him then they could leave.

Im not sure why you’re so in love with LP but to each their own. He was a limited coach who alienated his own team with his rigidness, inability to game plan and his own attitude towards his players. If he’s as much of a Front office guru as you’re suggesting maybe he needs to be in a GM role but I think to say he’s a “tremendous” talent is an overreaction. Dude couldn’t do the thing he was paid to do and that was coach the team. He was not good at that
Lol, you keep trying to put your personal spin because you don't like him when I am telling you the coaches really love LP. Even Travis love LP. Nate felt LP is a tremendous talent and almost passed on the job till talking with his family. That doesn't happen to coaches on the hotseat.

I don't love LP. Hell, I was one of those who wanted him axed after the Miami lost which he was. That said, I am realistic about him as well.

Everyone in the NBA felt he was a tremendous talent, not just me. The fukking league dude. Doc, Rick, Pop, every fukking body. Coach K praises LP highly but AVXL knows more than they do. You never worked with LP in your life bro. Stop making this like it's just me. I am speaking to what the league is saying.

Last edited:

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Lol, you keep trying to put your personal spin because you don't like him when I am telling you the coaches really love LP. Even Travis love LP. Nate felt LP is a tremendous talent and almost passed on the job till talking with his family. That doesn't happen to coaches on the hotseat.

Ive said on numerous occasions that I respect LP for his outspoken activism and as a black man I hope he gets another opportunity. I don’t know LP to personally dislike him. But let’s be real, he was not a good coach. He consistently alienated his own team over his tenure. He was respected by Travis and his coaches but that doesn’t disregard how bad of a coach he was

I don't love LP. Hell, I was one of those who wanted him axed after the Miami lost which he was. That said, I am realistic about him as well.

Everyone in the NBA felt he was a tremendous talent, not just me. The fukking league dude. Doc, Rick, Pop, every fukking body. Coach K praises LP highly but AVXL knows more than they do. You never worked with LP in your life bro. Stop making this like it's just me. I am speaking to what the league is saying.

He had a reputation as developing talent. He developed relationships with coaches like Pop and Coach K. No one is denying that. With that being said, what coaching acumen did he display in his time here to support saying he was a “tremendous” talent? Teams don’t generally fire “tremendous” coaching talents especially coaches that they like. So something didn’t add up breh. Maybe the simple answer is that people liked LP the man and that he simply wasn’t a good coach

But this “tremendous” talent shyt and LP built the team with Travis is a false narrative. Again I wish LP the best and I hope he gets an opportunity to coach again but let’s be clear. He was a terrible coach and if Travis fired him sooner this is probably a 50 win team.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Ive said on numerous occasions that I respect LP for his outspoken activism and as a black man I hope he gets another opportunity. I don’t know LP to personally dislike him. But let’s be real, he was not a good coach. He consistently alienated his own team over his tenure. He was respected by Travis and his coaches but that doesn’t disregard how bad of a coach he was

He had a reputation as developing talent. He developed relationships with coaches like Pop and Coach K. No one is denying that. With that being said, what coaching acumen did he display in his time here to support saying he was a “tremendous” talent? Teams don’t generally fire “tremendous” coaching talents especially coaches that they like. So something didn’t add up breh. Maybe the simple answer is that people liked LP the man and that he simply wasn’t a good coach

But this “tremendous” talent shyt and LP built the team with Travis is a false narrative. Again I wish LP the best and I hope he gets an opportunity to coach again but let’s be clear. He was a terrible coach and if Travis fired him sooner this is probably a 50 win team.
Where we disagree is you keep telling me how you feel about him and I am telling you how he was seen within the org. I don't know why you keep insisting on this when I have nothing for or against him. He's beloved around the league within his coaching fraternity even within Atlanta.

There is a lot to being a HC in college or the NBA than gameday coaching. I've stated this at least over 1000 times. We as a franchise are at a stage where gameday coaching is critical for us to take that next level leap.

It's not a false narrative.

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Where we disagree is you keep telling me how you feel about him and I am telling you how he was seen within the org. I don't know why you keep insisting on this when I have nothing for or against him. He's beloved around the league within his coaching fraternity even within Atlanta.

There is a lot to being a HC in college or the NBA than gameday coaching. I've stated this at least over 1000 times. We as a franchise are at a stage where gameday coaching is critical for us to take that next level leap.

It's not a false narrative.

Bro if you have an inside source feeding you this info or you work for the Hawks FO to inform you of that then cool. Otherwise the “he built this team with Travis” narrative simply isn’t true

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Bro if you have an inside source feeding you this info or you work for the Hawks FO to inform you of that then cool. Otherwise the “he built this team with Travis” narrative simply isn’t true
I do which is why I've been saying it and why so many within the coaching fraternity spoke out about his firing.

He built it with Travis. Travis and LP had to see eye to eye on prospects. Bud would have probably choose JJJ

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
If LP was such a great talent then he should be scooped up in no time when this season is over right? I’m having a very difficult time thinking of a coach in any sport worse than him. If he is such a great surveyor of talent then he needs to work in scouting and stay there. He doesn’t have anything to contribute at all being on the bench.