The Hawks Spread Their Wings in the Garden...Pause: New York Knicks vs. Atlanta Hawks Series Thread

Who wins

• Knicks in 4

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Knicks in 5

Votes: 18 11.0%
  • Knicks in 6

Votes: 51 31.3%
  • Knicks in 7

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • Hawks in 4

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Hawks in 5

Votes: 13 8.0%
  • Hawks in 6

Votes: 35 21.5%
  • Hawks in 7

Votes: 8 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Just to note. If not for LP we wouldn't have Trae, Hunter, or Reddish. Everyone wanted Capela, Bogi, Kevin, and JC came before LP. We drafted Dorsey in 2017, LP wouldn't have approved taking Dorsey. LP has a tremendous eye for talent.

Bruno is our only bust under LP. Travis wanted Spellman
Never knew your brother had such an influence on the roster construction, tell him we said preciate it :ehh:

Steezy

Career 13 ppg scorer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Atlanta
Just to note. If not for LP we wouldn't have Trae, Hunter, or Reddish. Everyone wanted Capela, Bogi, Kevin, and JC came before LP. We drafted Dorsey in 2017, LP wouldn't have approved taking Dorsey. LP has a tremendous eye for talent.

so he's Memphis Josh pastner...glad he's outta here jesus what a waste of talent.

give me a guy who knows x and os with a feel for his roster over a aau coach any day

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY

Too bad y'all can't rehire him as an assistant gm

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Never knew your brother had such an influence on the roster construction, tell him we said preciate it :ehh:
He was massive. Travis and Jeff wanted JJJ. Even told Woj. Things changed when LP had a convo with Luka and said he wants Luka then Trae came in for a workout and LP made it clear. He wants to build this team around Trae. People got to remember, at that time, many thought our core was Dennis, Prince, and potentially JC. We needed a 5 more than a 1 or 3 on paper. Tony got involved and agreed, we need one of the guys who can sell tickets. Travis liked Trae more than Luka. We tell people we were going to take Luka at 3 but I don't believe it. I think Dallas knew Memphis would take him so they moved up to 3 to get Luka. Trae was the guy thanks to the workout.

Travis always wanted Reddish but he also wanted Clarke and Culver. Travis felt Culver was the best wing in the draft and 3rd best prospect over R.J. In fact, Travis liked R.J. a lot more than Reddish and Hunter.

LP worked out Culver is he was like, he's ass. Travis had to take him off the board. LP said Clarke won't translate. He worked out Hunter and said, he's the best player in draft outside of Zion and Ja. We promised Hunter and he shut down his workouts. Cleveland still wanted him so Atlanta had to move up to get him.

LP was sold on Reddish and told Travis to lock in on these two wings. LP was massive to our team building. He was massive into our player development system. Even Nate was massively impressed with our setup.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Too bad y'all can't rehire him as an assistant gm
Lol, he got a lot of potential as a coach. He needs to be a lead assistant for at least another 5 to 6 years like Jason Kidd is doing now. You gotta learn how to coach. He didn't have lead bench experience on any level. I've had YMCA coaches with more natural gameday skills than he has.

Steezy

Career 13 ppg scorer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Atlanta
Lol, he got a lot of potential as a coach. He needs to be a lead assistant for at least another 5 to 6 years like Jason Kidd is doing now. You gotta learn how to coach. He didn't have lead bench experience on any level. I've had YMCA coaches with more natural gameday skills than he has.
Don’t get me started on them post games where he could never pinpoint a issue.. “we just got to play basketball” head ass

let alone telling his young guys they should just accept having 0 plays ran for them and bullying cam

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Don’t get me started on them post games where he could never pinpoint a issue.. “we just got to play basketball” head ass

let alone telling his young guys they should just accept having 0 plays ran for them and bullying cam
Bro couldn't coach for shyt. I honestly knew it when he had Bogi looking worse on offense than Cam and it had me question, if Cam was used right, how good would he be. I still think we haven't seen what we will be yet.

Steezy

Career 13 ppg scorer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Atlanta
Bro couldn't coach for shyt. I honestly knew it when he had Bogi looking worse on offense than Cam and it had me question, if Cam was used right, how good would he be. I still think we haven't seen what we will be yet.
Absolutely he just has to stay healthy and go into his man body. Cam didn’t know what to do out there and I believe with Nate he can realize that Bogi role.. 2nd ball handler/playmaker with elite defense.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
@AVXL, more than the ownership and management liked him. The coaches fukking loved LP. The players didn't love him at all. Cam couldn't fukking stand LP. He felt he wasn't being used right as did Bogi. Trae felt he had too do too much and we never looked as good as we know we are which we see now with Nate, we are pretty fukking amazing.

I remember watching the preseason like, we got the talent to be one of the best teams in the NBA but we look like ass. I remember chatting with @Gil Scott-Heroin about it. I mentioned Nate in pun but in reality, Nate was the guy

LP is a tremendous talent but he needs to really get a lead assistant role and just stay in that for 6-8 years, grow from it and then go and try again. Look at Jacque Vaughn, he is 10x better as a HC than he was during his Orlando days.

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Even though I don't think they'll make it past the 2nd, I really want to see how the Hawks do. If they can get a playmaker for the 2nd unit that'll have them looking decent when Trae is off the floor, and possibly finding an upgrade over Collins (longshot), team can be legit. :ehh:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Even though I don't think they'll make it past the 2nd, I really want to see how the Hawks do. If they can get a playmaker for the 2nd unit that'll have them looking decent when Trae is off the floor, and possibly finding an upgrade over Collins (longshot), team can be legit. :ehh:
People sleeping on us against Philly. We give them a lot more issues than they give us. That's not me saying we will win the series or not but we got more advantages. They can't stop our PnR and we can always hide Trae against them. Trae killed Philly over the years and I see no reason why he shouldn't in the playoffs either.

Steezy

Career 13 ppg scorer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Atlanta
People sleeping on us against Philly. We give them a lot more issues than they give us. That's not me saying we will win the series or not but we got more advantages. They can't stop our PnR and we can always hide Trae against them. Trae killed Philly over the years and I see no reason why he shouldn't in the playoffs either.
Gonna be very interested to see our strategy on biid.. I believe hunter can hold Tobias to his avgs.. it’s gonna come down to who hits more threes if biid ain’t goin crazy