The Guardian: Microsoft to unify PC/One platforms, ending fixed console hardware

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Every major gaming website is thinking this is the same thing we have been saying here the past few pages, but let Meach say otherwise :francis:

BTW, I think this is GREAT news.
Nope. The article in the op says this.

"What this could mean is that the Xbox One becomes more like a PC, with Microsoft releasing updated versions every year or so with more powerful processors and graphics hardware. And, in theory, because games will be written as UWAs, older titles will remain compatible with the new machines."

Wrong again liquid :comeon:

jalamanta

GOAT
Daps
so there answer to getting skulled fukk by sony is to turn the xbox into a pc?

:mjlol::russ::mjlol::russ::mjlol::russ::mjlol::russ::mjlol::russ::mjlol::russ::mjlol::russ::mjlol::russ:
:mjlol::russ::mjlol::russ::mjlol::russ::mjlol::russ::mjlol::russ::mjlol::russ::mjlol::russ::mjlol::russ:
There is a good chance Sony will be fukked up if they don't respond accordingly.

PS4 is only a success because of absence of competition. It is a subpar outdated product upon its release.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Microsoft to unify PC and Xbox One platforms, ending fixed console hardware

What this could mean is that the Xbox One becomes more like a PC, with Microsoft releasing updated versions every year or so with more powerful processors and graphics hardware. And, in theory, because games will be written as UWAs, older titles will remain compatible with the new machines.
Click to expand...​
Sony is fukked up. :pachaha:
Smh at this idiot

Console gamers will not buy a new system every month or upgrade so often. Just look at how the current gen doesn't have games... It's the games that drive the demand in hardware not the other way around. There hasn't even been games that fully max this generation of consoles gaming capabilities yet lol.

Also there are already steam boxes which is what this sounds like and they aren't very attractive so far :mjlol:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Looks like I'll be trading in my og X1 for the new version in the future. :francis:

Hopefully GameStop will do it like they did with the n3DS and give you half off the new system with a trade in. :sadcam:

I don't like the idea of having a fractured generation of consoles, but if a new version of the X1 comes out, I'll buy it :francis:

I can't be having a 900p machine when a 1080p one exists :scusthov:

jalamanta

GOAT
Daps
What games is the PS4 unable to run.
Let's start with Witcher 3. Constant frame drops 20-25 fps. My eyes hurt after one hour of play. And it has PC equivalent of medium graphics settings.

Don't try to tell me this is not truth. Just fukking don't.

Chef

All Star
Daps
Last time M$ tried to do the PC thing, we got Games for Windows Live. :patrice:Good thing I waited on buying a console, be an early adapter brehs. :pachaha:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
its a move in the right direction. the stop gaps between console "generations" are starting to make less sense, especially next to the PC.
while everybody's dashing off to buy consoles every 7 years, then waiting 3 years for good games...a PC player with a good enough card can just sit at home and grab the "next gen" games as they come.
or play some old piff from the 90's while they wait, on that same machine.

i get it. although i would still love to see actual hardware become even less relevant. get that cloud shyt popping so i can play crysis on my surface

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Looks like I'll be trading in my og X1 for the new version in the future. :francis:

Hopefully GameStop will do it like they did with the n3DS and give you half off the new system with a trade in. :sadcam:

I don't like the idea of having a fractured generation of consoles, but if a new version of the X1 comes out, I'll buy it :francis:

I can't be having a 900p machine when a 1080p one exists :scusthov:
It's going in the direction that you should be happy to adopt.