The Guardian: Microsoft to unify PC/One platforms, ending fixed console hardware

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Why the fukk do you keep posting the same thing.

Absolutely NOTHING from Phil Spencer's own quotes aludes to swapping parts out of devolving Xbox branded PC's
How can you read that and say he isn't talking about upgrading the console? He literally says so in the quotes. Are you confusing your argument with Liquid with my posts? I didn't say anything about an XBOX branded PC. I said that in a nutshell, he's talking about moving away from dedicated consoles with locked hardware and making it upgradable similar to PCs. Which he makes the EXACT comparison in his quotes.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
He's talking about THEM upgrading the console, not the consumer.

It's "optional" because you won't have to upgrade in order to still play Xbox games.
So when he makes the comparison that consoles should be upgradeable like PCs, you believe he means that every year MS is going to come out with a brand new XBOX at full price and the user wont be able to buy any upgrades themselves?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
So when he makes the comparison that consoles should be upgradeable like PCs, you believe he means that every year MS is going to come out with a brand new XBOX at full price and the user wont be able to buy any upgrades themselves?
He didn't say they should be upgradable like PC.

I swear yalls reading comprehension is broken:smh:

He says they should evolve like other platforms including PC

Phones and tablets don't allow the consumer to swap out hardware. They just drop new devices with higher specs.

And who said anything about dropping one every year.

Yall just making shyt up

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
He didn't say they should be upgradable like PC.

I swear yalls reading comprehension is broken:smh:

He says they should evolve like other platforms including PC

Phones and tablets don't allow the consumer to swap out hardware. They just drop new devices with higher specs.

And who said anything about dropping one every year.

Yall just making shyt up
Im not making anything up. I'm quoting the guy, and we clearly have completely different understandings of what he means in his quotes. I'm reading the man comparing the console and PC market and stating that he would like to see the upgrades happen more often and he would like to see forward and backwards compatibility like we see on PCs. Whether this means a new xbox every 3 years or swappable parts remains to be seen. Its still too early to make any definitive statement on what's going to happen at any rate. The entire article sounds like they have him thinking out loud about where he would like to see the future of gaming.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Im not making anything up. I'm quoting the guy, and we clearly have completely different understandings of what he means in his quotes. I'm reading the man comparing the console and PC market and stating that he would like to see the upgrades happen more often and he would like to see forward and backwards compatibility like we see on PCs.
You are using selective reading because you continuously ignore the fact that he also mentioned phones and tablets in that exact same quote.

Whether this means a new xbox every 3 years or swappable parts remains to be seen. Its still too early to make any definitive statement on what's going to happen at any rate. The entire article sounds like they have him thinking out loud about where he would like to see the future of gaming.
Again nothing in his quotes aludes to consumers swapping out parts on their Xbox.

In fact he says "I want to make sure that people see that what we are doing enables us to be more committed to what consoles are about "

That is the exact opposite of turning Xbox into a upgradable PC like machine.

The entire thing was a response to people saying. "Since you are dropping games on PC do you not care about the console market anymore?"

This was him reassuring that they are still committed to making consoles.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
He also talks about "Forwards and Backwords compatibility"

Why would he talk about that if they were just releasing new Xbox parts?

There has to be a new console for something to be backwords compatible right?

I've never heard anyone say "My new GTX 980 is backwords compatible with GTX 970 games"

"My 8 gigs of ram is backwords compatible with 6 gigs of ram games":mjlol:

:martin:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
You are using selective reading because you continuously ignore the fact that he also mentioned phones and tablets in that exact same quote.

Again nothing in his quotes aludes to consumers swapping out parts on their Xbox.

In fact he says "I want to make sure that people see that what we are doing enables us to be more committed to what consoles are about "

That is the exact opposite of turning Xbox into a upgradable PC like machine.

The entire thing was a response to people saying. "Since you are dropping games on PC do you not care about the console market anymore?"

This was him reassuring that they are still committed to making consoles.
Why do you keep ignoring the entire body of the article and only quoting the last few sentences.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Why do you keep ignoring the entire body of the article and only quoting the last few sentences.
Most of the article is not his words.:comeon:

You alluded to this part.

"We see on other platforms whether it be mobile or PC that you get a continuous innovation that you rarely see on console,"

So he's not just talking about PC like you claimed above. If you are gonna take this quote to make your assertion, why do you leave out the fact that he talked about phones and tablets in the same exact sentence?

You also bolded this part

"You'll actually see us come out with new hardware capability during a generation"

While ignoring the next sentence

"allowing the same games to run backward and forward compatible"

Now why would he talk about them putting out "backwords compatible hardware" if they were only gonna put out parts for Xbox?

It's not me ignoring parts of the article it's you and that shytty polygon writer making stuff up that aren't actually in his quotes:ufdup:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Can they even put a high end gpu in a xbox case without that shyt melting after a few hours :jbhmm:

Actually this could be horrible news for AMD since their cards run hotter than nvidia cards :jbhmm:

Gonna hang on to my OG xbox one then...might become a collectors item in the future:jbhmm: