The Guardian: Microsoft to unify PC/One platforms, ending fixed console hardware

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
The argument gets disingenuous because it's not console vs pc. They will NEVER be equals.

It's the CONSOLE war. Not PC VS CONSOLE war.

This need for PC heads to consistently jump in a fight they have no business being in is ridiculous. It's Xbox vs Playstation vs Nintendo. That's it.

so because one is a hoopty and one is a pinto, its ok for the public to argue that one gets to 60 mph in 11 seconds instead of 12 seconds :mjlol: stop.

both systems are :trash:

both systems struggle to run games at 1080p :trash:

both systems have FPS struggles :trash:

just cause one has less struggles, doesnt mean it isnt struggling overall

you are basically arguing that your console isnt as shyt as the other one, ok fair enough... But they are both shyt, just one is worse. Just admit that.

and its not about "PC people jumping in the fight" ive probably owned more consoles than majority of people who are in these console wars :mjlol:

NES (im an 80s baby :flabbynsick: )
SNES
N64
GameBoy
GameCube
Xbox
Xbox 360
PS3
PS4

I dont discriminate, but PS4 is :trash: the difference between earlier consoles and this generation is those consoles had identity. They werent trying to be PCs. PS4 and Xbox1 are just that, underpowered PCs trying to keep up. They feel like garbage ass PCs with controllers, thats it. A lot of it probably has to do with the games and game developers but they are probably only able to work with what Microsoft and Sony gave them tools to work with as well. Blame falls on everyone.

when I had N64 I wasnt :gladbron: this shyt is comparable to an iMac :gladbron:

it had its own identity, and PCs had their own. Consoles started to fukk up when they wanted to lose their identity and become PC little brother instead

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The argument gets disingenuous because it's not console vs pc. They will NEVER be equals.

It's the CONSOLE war. Not PC VS CONSOLE war.

This need for PC heads to consistently jump in a fight they have no business being in is ridiculous. It's Xbox vs Playstation vs Nintendo. That's it.
You just said were out.:usure:

:mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Because my opinion isn't according to your criteria it is wrong. :mjlol:

Have "incorrect" subjective opinions breh.
Calling something "mismanaged" would have to rely on some form of fact.

It's your opinon that you don't like what they have to offer. But it's a fact that they've managed the console to be very successful :manny:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
so because one is a hoopty and one is a pinto, its ok for the public to argue that one gets to 60 mph in 11 seconds instead of 12 seconds :mjlol: stop.

both systems are :trash:

both systems struggle to run games at 1080p :trash:

both systems have FPS struggles :trash:

just cause one has less struggles, doesnt mean it isnt struggling overall

you are basically arguing that your console isnt as shyt as the other one, ok fair enough... But they are both shyt, just one is worse. Just admit that.

and its not about "PC people jumping in the fight" ive probably owned more consoles than majority of people who are in these console wars :mjlol:

NES (im an 80s baby :flabbynsick: )
SNES
N64
GameBoy
GameCube
Xbox
Xbox 360
PS3
PS4

I dont discriminate, but PS4 is :trash: the difference between earlier consoles and this generation is those consoles had identity. They werent trying to be PCs. PS4 and Xbox1 are just that, underpowered PCs trying to keep up. They feel like garbage ass PCs with controllers, thats it. A lot of it probably has to do with the games and game developers but they are probably only able to work with what Microsoft and Sony gave them tools to work with as well. Blame falls on everyone.

when I had N64 I wasnt :gladbron: this shyt is comparable to an iMac :gladbron:

it had its own identity, and PCs had their own. Consoles started to fukk up when they wanted to lose their identity and become PC little brother instead

Take the PC out of the equation. Consoles are not meant to be a PCs no matter how hard they try. Were they underpowered coming out the gate compared to the past? Yes.

But continuing to try and compare them with a far superior product isn't fair IMO.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Calling something "mismanaged" would have to rely on some form of fact.

It does. You didn't inquire as to how. You just poorly inserted your standard of management success as the basis of MY opinion - the equivalent of "you're wrong because I view it THIS way!" - which is a laughable NoNo in the world of subjective opinion.
It's your opinon that you don't like what they have to offer. But it's a fact that they've managed the console to be very successful :manny:

Success is subjective.

Stay in school.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Take the PC out of the equation. Consoles are not meant to be a PCs no matter how hard they try. Were they underpowered coming out the gate compared to the past? Yes.

But continuing to try and compare them with a far superior product isn't fair IMO.

you gotta bring that up with Sony and Microsoft, not me man...

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ps4 runs game like shyt though. Gta5 drops constant frames in multiplayer. Long load times on games like nba 2k

Both consoles are shyt. Just cause xbox is worse shyt doesnt make ps4 non shyt. Both trash systems that the public coulda done without while they coulda waited another year or so to actually make them better.

They were already 2 years out dated, the moment they hit the shelf. The consoles coming up on 3 years this year, but the technology in it will be 5 years old already :mjlol:

Just like when people talking about the ps4 vr headset talking about "its as strong as a 970 gtx :gladbron:" the 970 gtx is damn near 2 years old and pc is already moving onto newer cards in the next month.
There's plenty of games that run fine on ps4. Likewise there's a bunch of games that run like shyt on PC even with stronger hardware. It's not exactly a miracle that you can throw money at a PC and have it run games better than a closed box.

Ask @Ciggavelli.

You're a PC snob, you stay bringing up PC in threads that's not even about PC gaming. I could name a bunch of shytty games that are crap on PC. Stop it breh.
Games running poorly isn't always the hardware fault.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
you gotta bring that up with Sony and Microsoft, not me man...

More like MS since they are trying to "unify" 2 different demographics and customer types.

To me, it appears they are trying to corner Steambox intended market which may not be a bad idea. And would I consider one, maybe. However if I can get a compareable steambox for the same price, that's a no brainer.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
There's plenty of games that run fine on ps4. Likewise there's a bunch of games that run like shyt on PC even with stronger hardware. Ask @Ciggavelli ciggayou're a PC snob, you stay bringing up PC in threads that's not even about PC gaming. I could name a bunch of shytty games that are crap on PC.

@Ciggavelli issues are usually isolated to himself though

Games coming out on PS4 struggling to run 1080p, that effects the entire PS4 user base with that game. @Ciggavelli not being able to run games on 6k on 10 monitors is an isolated issue involving only him and a small % of other people attempting that. Dont compare the situations.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
So the Xbox can now get a virus and run slow as shyt? And have people fukking around with other people's privacy and gameplay? or am I looking at this the wrong way?