The Guardian: Microsoft to unify PC/One platforms, ending fixed console hardware

jalamanta

GOAT
Daps

I know you are a little bit mad as a Sony stan. We are talking in the context of the following quote:

THIS is the most dangerous part of this game they trying to play. not being strong enough to run newer games. It "forces" you to buy the "newer" Xbox.

From MS standpoint, I see the hustle they trying to pull and it might work on dummies. I ain't even mad.

Do you know what can't run means in this context?

It doesn't mean the game won't launch. It means it will stutter and drop fps.

Just like PS4 already doing with modern AAA games.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I know you are a little bit mad as a Sony stan. We are talking in the context of the following quote:

Do you know what can't run means in this context?

It doesn't mean the game won't launch. It means it will stutter and drop fps.

Just like PS4 already doing with modern AAA games.
And the example you gave is null. He clearly said can't run as in having to buy new hardware.

W/E though you're a troll so no sense in taking you seriously. You're just posting for daps.

jalamanta

GOAT
Daps
And the example you gave is null. He clearly said can't run as in having to buy new hardware.

W/E though you're a troll so no sense in taking you seriously. You're just posting for daps.

When a new iPhone/Galaxy get released every year, the old ones don't automatically stop running old apps.

Are you fukking seriously implying that if Microsoft will release a new better performing console every year the old one won't support old games?

There is no example in tech industry when a company forces such agressive planned obsolescence. It will mean automatic death of the product.

I am still trying to talk sense into the Sony stan. :manny:

Btw look at my rep, do you really think I am posting for some e approval? :patrice:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
When a new iPhone/Galaxy get released every year, the old ones don't automatically stop running old apps.

Are you fukking seriously implying that if Microsoft will release a new better performing console every year the old one won't support old games?

There is no example in tech industry when a company forces such agressive planned obsolescence. It will mean automatic death of the product.

I am still trying to talk sense into the Sony stan. :manny:

Btw look at my rep, do you really think I am posting for some e approval? :patrice:
I didn't imply shyt. Stop changing goal posts. You said ps4 can't run current games , i proved that wrong and now you talking some other shyt that's irrelevant.

Move along.

jalamanta

GOAT
Daps
I didn't imply shyt. Stop changing goal posts. You said ps4 can't run current games , i proved that wrong and now you talking some other shyt that's irrelevant.

Move along.

PS4 can't run current games in a sense that it struggles to run them. Can we agree on that?

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
what does that even mean? there's games that struggle to maintain 30fps
Yeah that quote was BS. A 7850 is getting torn to shreds with modern graphics

On topic, I feel that this idea would be cool. The move to the mobile style upgrade scheme, albeit at a slower pace (say every 3-4 years) is a cool idea for those that are console lovers but also like to stay (relatively) on the bleeding edge. The back wards and forwards compatibility for say 2-3 generations would be dope.

For example, let's say the One is superseded by the "Two" next year, but all the games that are released work on both consoles. Then, another generation releases in 4 years, then the One is dropped from compatibility and the "Two" and "Three" are current. And so on..
Could be sustainable

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area

Move along.
Ps4 runs game like shyt though. Gta5 drops constant frames in multiplayer. Long load times on games like nba 2k

Both consoles are shyt. Just cause xbox is worse shyt doesnt make ps4 non shyt. Both trash systems that the public coulda done without while they coulda waited another year or so to actually make them better.

They were already 2 years out dated, the moment they hit the shelf. The consoles coming up on 3 years this year, but the technology in it will be 5 years old already :mjlol:

Just like when people talking about the ps4 vr headset talking about "its as strong as a 970 gtx :gladbron:" the 970 gtx is damn near 2 years old and pc is already moving onto newer cards in the next month.

jalamanta

GOAT
Daps
Ps4 runs game like shyt though. Gta5 drops constant frames in multiplayer. Long load times on games like nba 2k

Both consoles are shyt. Just cause xbox is worse shyt doesnt make ps4 non shyt. Both trash systems that the public coulda done without while they coulda waited another year or so to actually make them better.

They were already 2 years out dated, the moment they hit the shelf. The consoles coming up on 3 years this year, but the technology in it will be 5 years old already :mjlol:

Just like when people talking about the ps4 vr headset talking about "its as strong as a 970 gtx :gladbron:" the 970 gtx is damn near 2 years old and pc is already moving onto newer cards in the next month.
@Fatboi1 will call you a troll.

PS4 is perfect according to him.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
If Xbox drops a more powerful box soon, where will sony stans like @Rekkapryde play "the superior version" of multiplats:lupe:?

I've retired from "this" console war bruh. This was a bloodbath just like I said it would be.

If MS drops a more powerful larry (which it should being over 3 years later), I'd still pass.

I'd do Steambox if it came down to it.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Some of you need to stop blaming hardware for poor coding.
On a fixed platform, its never the hardware's fault for developers knowing the ahrdware and putting out shyt code and not testing their product before releasing it.
It's not about improper coding or testing.

Comsole players expect groundbreaking graphics in AAA games. The consoles are woefully underpowered compared to available PC specs, therefore the games struggle to keep up.

I haven't seen such poor mismanagement of console hardware since the 32X/CD/Saturn era of Sega.
If by mismanagement you mean one of the most successful consoles ever, then yeah, they fukked up royally.:ehh:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

The argument gets disingenuous because it's not console vs pc. They will NEVER be equals.

It's the CONSOLE war. Not PC VS CONSOLE war.

This need for PC heads to consistently jump in a fight they have no business being in is ridiculous. It's Xbox vs Playstation vs Nintendo. That's it.