The Guardian: Microsoft to unify PC/One platforms, ending fixed console hardware

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
The body of the article has quotes from him as well, not just the last portion.
and he doesn't say anything specific in those quotes. it's typical corporate weasel words shyt. that is what it is, but like I said, he could have made a specific announcement, but he didn't

teacher

All Star
Daps
Most of the article is not his words.:comeon:

You alluded to this part.

"We see on other platforms whether it be mobile or PC that you get a continuous innovation that you rarely see on console,"

So he's not just talking about PC like you claimed above. If you are gonna take this quote to make your assertion, why do you leave out the fact that he talked about phones and tablets in the same exact sentence?

You also bolded this part

"You'll actually see us come out with new hardware capability during a generation"

While ignoring the next sentence

"allowing the same games to run backward and forward compatible"

Now why would he talk about them putting out "backwords compatible hardware" if they were only gonna put out parts for Xbox?

It's not me ignoring parts of the article it's you and that shytty polygon writer making stuff up that aren't actually in his quotes:ufdup:
why cant backwards and forwards compability include swapping out parts??? I.e console A swapped out better parts but console b didnt but the game is still playable on both...Didn't read the article just yall back and forth

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
why cant backwards and forwards compability include swapping out parts??? I.e console A swapped out better parts but console b didnt but the game is still playable on both...Didn't read the article just yall back and forth
It could I guess, but that's not how people talk about things

If he was talking about swapping parts, seems he would have said just that.

You don't buy a new graphics card or some ram and then say your PC is "Backwords compatible"

The term is usualy used when referencing an entire new hardware sku

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn

You don't buy a new graphics card or some ram and then say your PC is "Backwords compatible"

This is true.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps

That's because on PC backwards compatibility is achieved through software (DirectX) not hardware.
If they're moving to a more pc-centric model, then the same would apply here.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
That's because on PC backwards compatibility is achieved through software (DirectX) not hardware.
If they're moving to a more pc-centric model, then the same would apply here.
I've never heard anyone use the term "backwords compatible" with anything that has to do with PC.

It's always about consoles, and he said nothing about moving to a more PC-centric model.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I wonder if you're really a moron or if you just like to type for the sake of keystrokes.
On PC "backwords compatibility" isn't achieved.

Games made for an OS will always work for that OS regardless of hardware improvements

That's what he's alluding to here. Keeping the same OS and development environment, while updating the hardware.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
On PC "backwords compatibility" isn't achieved.

Games made for an OS will always work for that OS regardless of hardware improvements

That's what he's alluding to here. Keeping the same OS and development environment, while updating the hardware.

So it's about the keystrokes. Got it.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Every major gaming website is thinking this is the same thing we have been saying here the past few pages, but let Meach say otherwise :francis:

BTW, I think this is GREAT news.