intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Tanny is a free agent
As a backup definitely
Of course but we been saying that every year I’m just talking about what I personally wanna see. The Dolphins invested in the OL, they just scout horribly and keep picking the wrong guys

I don’t necessarily mean in the draft. I’m fine with going after proven veterans in free agent
Derek Carr?

Jimmy G maybe

As backups yes.

I’m willing to give Tua another year to prove himself

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
As a backup definitely

I don’t necessarily mean in the draft. I’m fine with going after proven veterans in free agent

As backups yes.

I’m willing to give Tua another year to prove himself
He’s coming back we just need some backs ups

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla

Miami Dolphins: A​

Key additions: QB Mike White (Jets), LB David Long (Titans), CB Jalen Ramsey (Rams, via trade); Key re-signings: RB Raheem Mostert, RB Jeff Wilson Jr.

The Dolphins know they only have quarterback Tua Tagovailoa on his rookie contract for two more years, so they're making the absolute most of it by pairing Pro Bowl cornerback Xavien Howard with All-Pro cornerback Jalen Ramsey following their trade with the Rams in which they gave up some pocket change listed above. Those two corners, safety Jevon Holland, and Pro Bowl pass rusher Bradley Chubb give new defensive coordinator Vic Fangio plenty of star power to work with. Signing Mike White on a two-year deal to be Tagovailoa's injury insurance is good business since he's a quarterback familiar with the AFC East from his time with the Jets, and he's a player who quickly won the locker room in New York. Two positive qualities for the new Dolphins backup.

However, general manager Chris Grier was also able to shore up his inside linebacking group at a fraction of what the position has been going for during free agency in 2023. While Tremaine Edmunds (four years, $72 million from the Bears), Bobby Okereke (four years, $40 million from the Giants), Alex Singleton (three years, $18 million from the Broncos), and Alex Anzalone (three years, $18.8 million), all got significant financial commitments this offseason, Miami signed their new inside linebacker David Long Jr, formerly of the Tennessee Titans, for a measly two years and $11 million. Not a bad deal at all for one of the NFL's top run defenders at the position, according to the NFL's Next Gen Stats.

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Team might win a playoff/wild card game. Maybe the conference championship round if they somehow get homefield. I dont see this team winning a super bowl. Defense has regressed.

:sas2: :sas2: :sas2:

Decent squad next year....Can Tua stay healthy? who knows honestly.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
With Chubb n Jaelen Phillips, they may not get exposed. I can see Howard being washed this year. Garrett Wilson was giving that work.
This should be a top 5 defense on paper. A nasty pass rush with Wilkinson and Philipps, run stoppers like David long, dbs all over the fiekd(Kohu, Holland, Ramsey) this defense should be giving up 20 or less.

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
FO gotta figure out this right tackle situation or none of these moves mean anything tbh

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
FO gotta figure out this right tackle situation or none of these moves mean anything tbh
Even if they do get the right tackle fixed, it all may still mean nothing. Seeing the offense get figured out in that losing streak was convincing. We can’t always sum it up to “Tua wasn’t healthy”. They legit kept spamming deep balls to tyreke that were over or Underthrown or that were well covered. Even with all the talent, good OLine play, defensive upgrades, if we can’t create a consistent Week 1 to Week 17/Post Season offense, our ceiling is 9-8 wild card and first round out again. I wanna see us play in February. Anything else is a failure!!!

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Even if they do get the right tackle fixed, it all may still mean nothing. Seeing the offense get figured out in that losing streak was convincing. We can’t always sum it up to “Tua wasn’t healthy”. They legit kept spamming deep balls to tyreke that were over or Underthrown or that were well covered. Even with all the talent, good OLine play, defensive upgrades, if we can’t create a consistent Week 1 to Week 17/Post Season offense, our ceiling is 9-8 wild card and first round out again. I wanna see us play in February. Anything else is a failure!!!
You can’t sum everything up to Tua wasn’t healthy but it hurt a lot. Bolstering the OL will help everybody. Also McDaniel was a rookie HC who never called plays before last year. This shyt takes time