The Greatest Show On Surf/Not Snow tho - Miami Dolphins 2023 OFF- Season Thread

Daps
Yea..........honestly think Football too big to fail. Especially when there are no other real options sportwise for lower class areas. nikkas aint really feeling baseball yet and doubt most the schools have soccer stuff. Billions in revenue from the small level to the NFL. The South aint never letting it die either.
Soccer is way cheaper than football

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Soccer is way cheaper than football
Where did I say it wasnt cheap? It's just that most rural areas are focused on football > basketball > baseball. I aint never seen a school push soccer that already didnt have bread to push the program.

Basketball.
I mean, basketball is a given, which is why I gave examples of the more white dominated sports :manny:

Daps
Where did I say it wasnt cheap? It's just that most rural areas are focused on football > basketball > baseball. I aint never seen a school push soccer that already didnt have bread to push the program.

I mean, basketball is a given, which is why I gave examples of the more white dominated sports :manny:
I just misunderstood you then, thought you were saying schools didn't have the resources for soccer, which I was going to say is crazy because it's the cheapest sports outside of basketball.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Wiith our QB1 out we managed to back our way into the playoffs and still put up a fight against a team that was supposed to route us by 40 according to experts.
I’ll take it for year 1 under the new (McDaniels) regime :manny:

1. We DO NOT have any 1st round picks this year. We traded one and lost one on the tampering allegations.
  2. We still need serious help/debt on the OL despite the improvements.
  3. A power back would be nice too.
  4. What to do with Gesiki? I like him but seems like he’s under utilized in this offense.

2023 draft picks​

2nd — OWN
3rd — OWN
3rd — from NE
6th — from CHI
7th — OWN

Last edited:

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Lamar next year

The NFL getting rid of the salary cap? :lupe:

I don’t see how you get Lamar for the kinda money he wants when ...
  • you just paid Armstead
  • you just paid Tyreek Hill
  • you just paid Chubb
  • you just paid Xavien Howard not long ago
  • You may need to sign Christian Wilkins
  • You may need to resign Gesiki (tho, unlikely)
  • Letting go of Byron Jones i comes with a $14M dead-cap hit if you let him go before June 1st
I'm glad i dont have the job of making those decisions :sadcam:

Last edited:

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Need a durable decent qb, throw Teddy in the bushes, every time he was called up he either flopped or got injured.

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Them boys fought hard, ain’t too many moves to be made QB wise this off season with no first round pick and salary cap issues. Just gotta hope Tua stay healthy, which he probably won’t. Dolphins need help everywhere on the team but personally I wanna see a new RB and new LB’s

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Them boys fought hard, ain’t too many moves to be made QB wise this off season with no first round pick and salary cap issues. Just gotta hope Tua stay healthy, which he probably won’t. Dolphins need help everywhere on the team but personally I wanna see a new RB and new LB’s

OL, OL, OL, and maybe RB

giphy.gif

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
OL, OL, OL, and maybe RB

giphy.gif
Of course but we been saying that every year I’m just talking about what I personally wanna see. The Dolphins invested in the OL, they just scout horribly and keep picking the wrong guys