The Great Wall (Matt Damon, dir. Zhang Yimou)

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
saw this trailer in the theater and just laughed....the movie looks like it might be cool, except for the fact that the savior is matt damon....nothing against him, he just shouldnt be the savior of the great wall, just like tom cruise shouldnt have been the last samurai, all the whites in that exodus movie, all the whites in gods of Egypt, etc...but hollywood will hollywood....what's makes it worst: they know the shyt they doing is fukked up, that's why they try to make the white savior have some physical qualities of the people they saving, i.e. darkening the skin a lil, using makeup to change the eye bone shape/structure, what they do with the hair, etc...

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I saw this trailer a while ago and just knew that Matt Damon playing the "white Savior" was going to get all sorts of backlash.
What I think is funny is that people are mad at a Chinese made film using a white star as a selling point instead of being angry that the reverse doesn't happen ever.
Why be angrier that this Chinese film is trying to milk a Western stars name for bigger box office while just ignoring that Hollywood never does the same with a Chinese actor when they make a blockbuster movie that they want to release to China?
Is there really any good reason why Donnie Yen couldn't have been the star in that last Transformers movie since Paramount had China in mind with almost every decision they made with that flick?

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
saw this trailer in the theater and just laughed....the movie looks like it might be cool, except for the fact that the savior is matt damon....nothing against him, he just shouldnt be the savior of the great wall, just like tom cruise shouldnt have been the last samurai, all the whites in that exodus movie, all the whites in gods of Egypt, etc...but hollywood will hollywood....what's makes it worst: they know the shyt they doing is fukked up, that's why they try to make the white savior have some physical qualities of the people they saving, i.e. darkening the skin a lil, using makeup to change the eye bone shape/structure, what they do with the hair, etc...
I'm so tired of people thinking the title last samurai meant Tom Cruise was the last samurai, he wasn't. The samurai village he ended up were the last samurai, not him. And his character was a scumbag alcoholic with PTSD

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
:dead:

Breh, im fukking dying here! Im white, but u just cant explain this kind of shyt.

I never liked matt damon as an actor, but i remember him saying slick shyt when the oscars were under fire for having too much white nominees. Now look at this shyt. fukk that dude and his shytty movies :pacspit:

@Joey Chizzle
:mjlol:
take this back or we will have problems.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm so tired of people thinking the title last samurai meant Tom Cruise was the last samurai, he wasn't. The samurai village he ended up were the last samurai, not him. And his character was a scumbag alcoholic with PTSD

i wasnt implying he was the last samurai, i was just saying he didnt have to be the savior/rallying point, which it seems they are doing with matt damon in this movie....other examples: keenu in '47 ronins'; the white guy in avator....

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
i wasnt implying he was the last samurai, i was just saying he didnt have to be the savior/rallying point, which it seems they are doing with matt damon in this movie....other examples: keenu in '47 ronins'; the white guy in avator....
I wouldn't really say Tom was their Savior considering they were all murdered

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The irony of this flops

Keanu is part Chinese

Last edited:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wouldn't really say Tom was their Savior considering they were all murdered

ok, and?....same shyt happens in 47 ronins, but who was the main rallying point, the one that got them the help they needed, the focus of the movie, etc? keenu...that's the shyt i'm talking about....they can have that same character, but he doesnt have to be a white man....from the trailer, this movie looks to follow that same shyt....

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The irony of this flops

Keanu is part Chinese

while he has some chinese in his bloodline, he's looked at as white and Hawaiian....he only claims the other shyt when people question why he gets certain roles...it would be the same as a brotha playing some white guy and saying 'well, i have white people in my family tree, so that means it's ok'....

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
while he has some chinese in his bloodline, he's looked at as white and Hawaiian....he only claims the other shyt when people question why he gets certain roles...it would be the same as a brotha playing some white guy and saying 'well, i have white people in my family tree, so that means it's ok'....
One of his parents is half Chinese. This is not going back several generations ago.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One of his parents is half Chinese. This is not going back several generations ago.

no, one of his parents, his father, has chinese in him, but is not half....keenu is looked at and recognized as white/hawaiian, and claims the other shyt when needed....

to clarify: i have nothing against keenu, matt, etc...i'm calling out the bullshyt practice of hollywood...