The Great Wall (Matt Damon, dir. Zhang Yimou)

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This movie looks bizarre as fukk, maybe if you're tripping it'd be enjoyable. What was the pitch they gave Matt Damon for this that sold him on being the mysterious magical archer working with the Chinese to battle monsters at the Great Wall?

Conz

Superstar
Daps
this reeks of US flop. sadly these big budget non-comic movies are probably all gonna be geared towards China from here on out, so it will be a cash cow. just make sure there are no spooOOOoooky ghosts or else you went get distribution.

peppe

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Just came back from seeing it and I thought it was good.

What they did good was that tian jing played translator so you didn't have a bunch of chinese with very bad english. There is a decent amount of chinese in this movie and it's definitely geared towards China.

Overal it was a good movies and had a lot of PAAG :wow:tian jing in her blue armor with her long hair was :noah:

Dynamics between Pedro Pascal and Matt was on point, willian dafoe was :mjlol: Im pretty sure it won't do big numbers in the US but will recoup everything and more in china.

On another note when they played the trailer for ghost in a shell :wow:

Last edited:

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps

What they did good was that tian jing played translator so you didn't have a bunch of chinese with very bad english. There is a decent amount of chinese in this movie and it's definitely geared towards China.

Overal it was a good movies and had a lot of PAAG :wow:tian jing in her blue armor with her long hair was :noah:

Dynamics between Pedro Pascal and Matt was on point, willian dafoe was :mjlol: Im pretty sure it won't do big numbers in the US but will recoup everything and more in china.

How? :ohhh:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Not sure where he saw it but apparently it's out already on the web since it was released a while ago in China. I told my coworker from Cambodia about the movie and she found it almost instantly because she has a bunch of sites for Asian fantasy movies/TV shows.

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
Not sure where he saw it but apparently it's out already on the web since it was released a while ago in China. I told my coworker from Cambodia about the movie and she found it almost instantly because she has a bunch of sites for Asian fantasy movies/TV shows.
I saw it online too but I rather watch this film in the theater, possibly in 3D. Unless they are showing bootlegs on the big screen, I'm interested in how he saw it so early.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky

That's a terrible review, is the action good? Cgi looks shytty, is it coo? Dope creatures? Wtf dude lol

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is china taking over the us film industry? I swear every movie i saw this that wasnt disney had some random in association with xio xang pictures etc. and the films they produce always have an asian costar somewhere like how the XXX had some random asian teenage dj busting guns with Vin

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Is china taking over the us film industry? I swear every movie i saw this that wasnt disney had some random in association with xio xang pictures etc. and the films they produce always have an asian costar somewhere like how the XXX had some random asian teenage dj busting guns with Vin

Chinese investing companies have been on a massive spending spree for the last year or two. The Chinese government actually recently took action to limit foreign investments since companies have gotten so batshyt crazy with their spendings.

peppe

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
That's a terrible review, is the action good? Cgi looks shytty, is it coo? Dope creatures? Wtf dude lol

We used to be behind on american releases but now we are ahead of you guys.

ChtcfAA.png

Anyway the CGI is on point and I'm very critical about that, and they major fights are daylight fights so not the usual CGI by night fight bullshyt. Creatures look good can't say much about that or I'll spoil it. Visually it's stunning the colors they used were :wow: It was like a harmony, The color blue was reserved for females, I don't know where they found them but damn they had the baddest asian in it :wow: Even tho matt damon is in it, it works the only time there was a white man savior moment was in the first fight which was a little bit cheesy, you'll understand when you see it.

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I saw it today and I was pleasantly surprised with it. The biggest problem the movie has is that it's way too rushed. It clocks in at around 105 minutes which is at least 30 minutes shorter than it should've been at the least. There are so many plot points and developments brushed over that it hurts, because say what you will about the inclusion of a bunch of white characters, Zhang Yimou is the fukking man. The movie is fukking gorgeous as hell and features some of the best art direction and production design on either side of the ocean. It captures the scale beautifully and the fight scenes look fantastic and really make good use of the 3D as well. It actually makes me want to go back and watch some of his other stuff again because I'd almost forgotten that he is this damn good. The only blemish is how obvious it is at times that they didn't shoot half the scenes with Matt Damon at location with the rest of the production.

Damon and the Spanish breh weren't that bad though. They actually have decent chemistry and most of their lines are simple, to the point and funny. There's only one bad moment really when they are told to clean themselves up (they are dirty with thick beards) and it literally cuts to them walking into the room cleanly shaven with their hair done and everything. Again, it's just a shame the movie never gives itself time to breathe. It could've expanded on so many things so easily that it feels like a missed opportunity at every corner. The same thing happened with Warcraft last year, which means either Universal or Wanda is fukking up big time.