The Great Wall (Matt Damon, dir. Zhang Yimou)

Statik

King Of Kings.
Daps
Dudes in here are taking more offense to it than the Chinese who are directing and producing the movie :mjlol:
Some of y'all are Chinese?
For real. Dumb muthafukkas. Chinese don't give a fukk about yall

Daps
Reppin
Canada
Dudes in here are taking more offense to it than the Chinese who are directing and producing the movie :mjlol:
Some of y'all are Chinese?
The chinese aren't a monolith, I look at this the way I look at 12 Years a Slave and that Brad Pitt had to save the day, though that one was a true story. Still, this is hollywood, that could've been Nat Turner's cousin rather than Brad.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The full piece she wrote is pure ether, whew.:whew:

'Our heroes don't look like Matt Damon. They look like Malala. Ghandi. Mandela.':wow:

funny how she's on a show that appropriates black culture.... a show that even the person who's it's BASED on isn't no longer down with.

Daps
Reppin
Canada
funny how she's on a show that appropriates black culture.... a show that even the person who's it's BASED on isn't no longer down with.
Appropriates black culture in what way? I actually bought the memoir's audio book and watched a few seasons of the show and that's not the feeling I got at all.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Appropriates black culture in what way? I actually bought the memoir's audio book and watched a few seasons of the show and that's not the feeling I got at all.

What Eddie Huang wrote and how the show has been to the point that Eddie Huang disassociated himself from it are not one and the same. She's complicit for the same bullshyt that she's complaining this film represents.... but it's OKAY to have a show that's blends black urban culture with Asian exploitation if it's by someone who's Asian and produced by someone who's Asian. But it's foul when a film that's directed by an Asian director, produced by an Asian production team, sanctioned and backed by the Chinese government (which they are KNOWN to ban a film in a heartbeat if it doesn't suits their liking... go ask Deadpool and the last Ghostbusters film).... If the MAINLAND don't have qualms about this shyt... why in the hell should we care about how Constance Wu feels when she's in a show that is exploitative and appropriates? And I got nothing against Fresh off the Boat, personally...but lets call a spade a spade.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
What Eddie Huang wrote and how the show has been to the point that Eddie Huang disassociated himself from it are not one and the same. She's complicit for the same bullshyt that she's complaining this film represents.... but it's OKAY to have a show that's blends black urban culture with Asian exploitation if it's by someone who's Asian and produced by someone who's Asian. But it's foul when a film that's directed by an Asian director, produced by an Asian production team, sanctioned and backed by the Chinese government (which they are KNOWN to ban a film in a heartbeat if it doesn't suits their liking... go ask Deadpool and the last Ghostbusters film).... If the MAINLAND don't have qualms about this shyt... why in the hell should we care about how Constance Wu feels when she's in a show that is exploitative and appropriates? And I got nothing against Fresh off the Boat, personally...but lets call a spade a spade.

I don't watch the show but it's the first "big" American tv-show to have a full Asian cast. That in itself is very important to open the doors for other opportunities for Asian-led shows/movies which we all know Hollywood is even more afraid of than pulling the trigger on than movies/shows starring black people.

And I don't know what the Mainland thinks about this but there's no reason to assume that there aren't people who don't like it either.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

Wait, What?!!? :what: How did she shut down arguments about the matt damon movie, but she specifically says we dont need white people being the savior like heroes...

Isnt matt damon the hero of this chinese story?!?! :heh:

I'm confused....:dahell: