The Great Wall (Matt Damon, dir. Zhang Yimou)

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
The movie isn't for western audiences but it's in English and stars Matt Damon :dead:

Of course it isn't. It's quite clearly a movie for The Chinese unless you're blind :mjlol:. The look and trailer blatantly resembles their fantasy films than Hollywood's. . It will do rubbish in The west but make a bucketload in China (all that matters).

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Starring global superstar Matt Damon and directed by one of the most breathtaking visual stylists of our time, Zhang Yimou (Hero, House of Flying Daggers), Legendary’s The Great Wall tells the story of an elite force making a valiant stand for humanity on the world’s most iconic structure. The first English-language production for Yimou is the largest film ever shot entirely in China.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Of course it isn't. It's quite clearly a movie for The Chinese unless you're blind :mjlol:. The look and trailer blatantly resembles their fantasy films than Hollywood's. . It will do rubbish in The west but make a bucketload in China (all that matters).

It's obvious they cast Damon and Willem Dafoe (yeah, he's in this too) to at least give the movie some fighting chance in the US and Europe. With a full Asian cast they might as well release it directly to video on demand and dvd, it would be that irrelevant at the box office.

Anyway, it just looks like every Chinese fantasy adventure flick except now it has Matt Damon in it. I think they mostly just fukked up not explaining why he is there, but then again, this movie also stars a singer from a K-Pop boy band so obviously they're not aiming for high art here.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
It's obvious they cast Damon and Willem Dafoe (yeah, he's in this too) to at least give the movie some fighting chance in the US and Europe. With a full Asian cast they might as well release it directly to video on demand and dvd, it would be that irrelevant at the box office.

Anyway, it just looks like every Chinese fantasy adventure flick except now it has Matt Damon in it. I think they mostly just fukked up not explaining why he is there, but then again, this movie also stars a singer from a K-Pop boy band so obviously they're not aiming for high art here.

Damon's inclusion will probably give it an extra RMB 630 million down there :yeshrug:

You're right that it will do better with him in the west and give it some revenue from there but it will still do terrible. The style is just too different for Western audiences.
But at the end why care if it ends up being a major blockbuster in the second/joint biggest market in the world at the end of it:yeshrug:.

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
White people need representation in films. Imagine a little white boy growing up who will be inspired by seeing Matt Damon at the great wall
:dead:

Breh, im fukking dying here! Im white, but u just cant explain this kind of shyt.

I never liked matt damon as an actor, but i remember him saying slick shyt when the oscars were under fire for having too much white nominees. Now look at this shyt. fukk that dude and his shytty movies :pacspit:

@Joey Chizzle
:mjlol:

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
This shyt right here...

This shyt righ.....here!!!!!

This shyt right here looks retarded! :snoop:

:mjlol:matt damon in a movie about the great wall

:pachaha::dead:@Joey Chizzle

They really gonna make "The Last nikka Alive" with Tom Hanks soon, aren't they :ohhh:

this thread is gonna be comedy.
The sad part is the director is chinese.
How can you make a film about the wall and have matt damon and the viper a as your leading men

edit
By the looks of the trailer it looks like fantasy so :yeshrug:

2017's Gods of Egypt

giphy.gif

Why is Matt Damon in China? :why:

Why they gotta insert a white guy in everything :skip:America wont watch it without one? :skip::pachaha:

this is beyond sad. These cacs really just can't help themselves :aicmon:

dude pitched this movie and the studio was like "but there is nobody white in it" :shaq2:

The movie isn't for western audiences but it's in English and stars Matt Damon :dead:

:dead:

Breh, im fukking dying here! Im white, but u just cant explain this kind of shyt.

I never liked matt damon as an actor, but i remember him saying slick shyt when the oscars were under fire for having too much white nominees. Now look at this shyt. fukk that dude and his shytty movies :pacspit:

@Joey Chizzle
:mjlol:

Cacs gonna cac :smugcacmayne:
it's the way of the world:teadrinkingcacmayne:

I don't know how to react
am I mad?:blackplatomayne:
am I happy a Chinese director is using a cac to get paid :blackplatomayne:
am I surprised:blackplatomayne:

that's just how craggas work :smugcacmayne:

just like when they tried passing off durags as 'urban hair caps' :russ::russ::russ::russ::russ:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
not only is it obviously ridiculous for Damon to be the lead in this movie, regardless of the explanation of his character, it's absolutely ridiculous for him to star in a monster movie like this. His face was so damn distracting in that trailer. had no business being there.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

just like when they tried passing off durags as 'urban hair caps' :russ::russ::russ::russ::russ:
:deadmanny: I guess we're not the only ones immune to this

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

:pachaha: