The Grapevine: Africans, AA's and Caribbeans

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
This snowflake bullshyt :mjlol:

Children tease each othe all the time. You being African is just as good a reason as you having a fukked up haircut :manny:

We're not not divided as a group because a child called you a booty scratcher :comeon:

So A Nigerian calling an african American a "lazy akata" is just teasing right?

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
This snowflake bullshyt :mjlol:

Children tease each othe all the time. You being African is just as good a reason as you having a fukked up haircut :manny:

We're not not divided as a group because a child called you a booty scratcher :comeon:

And what really makes it :russell: is when you consider that its common for folks to be set on fire or chopped up in xenophobic attacks and wars started out of tribalism in the countries they come from but the source of their ire is grade school flaming:heh:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
So A Nigerian calling an african American a "lazy akata" is just teasing right?

Making fun of slave ancestry :hula: calling someone a booty scratcher which has no real historical context

Whether yall like it or not, the power dynamics in the AA community will always favor AAs so this "AA do it too" stuff won't ever fly.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
And what really makes it :russell: is when you consider that its common for folks to be set on fire or chopped up in xenophobic attacks and wars started out of tribalism in the countries they come from but the source of their ire is grade school flaming:heh:

But the coli says "Africans hate AAs" so in reality these people are just engaging in light hearted teasing right?

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Making fun of slave ancestry :hula: calling someone a booty scratcher which has no real historical context

Whether yall like it or not, the power dynamics in the AA community will always favor AAs so this "AA do it too" stuff won't ever fly.

Pretty sure the posters who got teased got called more than booty scratcher but if you want to play dumb then more power to you. :mjlol:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Pretty sure the posters who got teased got called more than booty scratcher but if you want to play dumb then more power to you. :mjlol:

But not chopped up or set on fire like in your home continent, correct?

But the coli says "Africans hate AAs" so in reality these people are just engaging in light hearted teasing right?

Right or wrong, the same rules don't apply for others in the AA community as it does for AAs themselves.

"When in Rome..." is a saying for a reason.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
But not chopped up or set on fire like in your home continent, correct?

Right or wrong, the same rules don't apply for others in the AA community as it does for AAs themselves.

"When in Rome..." is a saying for a reason.

Continent is made up of 50 countries, the hell does something in a nation i have no connections too have to do with me? Yet if a white person uses the acts of an idiot (that you share the same nationality and ethnicity of) in Chicago to sh*t on you they are in the wrong right?

:russ::mjlol:

BigMan

Veteran
Daps

Both are childish insults right? I don't how you can make "rules" when it comes to insults

Daps
Reppin
Oakland

It's just typical African delusions and hypocrisy used as excuses.

At the end of the day, the onus is on them for ANY cultural misunderstandings

But when it comes to not accepting their responsibilities, any excuse will do.

Last edited:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Continent is made up of 50 countries, the hell does something in a nation i have no connections too have to do with me? Yet if a white person uses the acts of an idiot (that you share the same nationality and ethnicity of) in Chicago to sh*t on you they are in the wrong right?

:russ::mjlol:

I'm not asking the White man for anything so what is your point? Your folks are the ones screaming to US about nonsense :ohhh:

Both are childish insults right? I don't how you can make "rules" when it comes to insults

Majority rules. If AAs don't see them as equivalent right here in America then they aren't equivalent.