The Grapevine: Africans, AA's and Caribbeans

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
Ain't he apart of a Black American fraternity anyway? I wonder how his brothers would feel about him sharing these opinions of their people.
@Stacker Pentecost confirmed for me that trolling is his shtick. So maybe his frat brehs just take what he says with a grain of salt but for new viewers like me, that shyt was very:mjpls:lol.

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
@Stacker Pentecost held it down - she actually took it easy on them africans

I need to find a way to get on that show. I got work that need moving :banderas:

I did take it easy and they STILL got in their feelings :mjlol: girl DMing me on ig talking about 'You're a typical ignorant Black American.' I'm like you're clearly a typical non black American that looks down your nose at us :manny: don't get mad that I told you about yourself. That Sam Jackson/Idris Elba thread on here is another prime example of the way certain people look down on us but want to act like us defending ourselves is somehow divisive. They can eat a bag of baby dikks for all I care.

Remo

Pro
Daps
Only one person was saying that. Don't get dramatic.

And she was talking more about the implications of non-AA blacks assmilating into AA families.
That's not what she meant. She was saying the longer a immigrant family stays in the US the more Americanized they become. then she reached with that, "we change the face of the culture" comment.

This show makes it seem like black immigrants are making all the moves and AAs are doing nothing. Its a really bad perspective from jump.

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
Only one person was saying that. Don't get dramatic.

And she was talking more about the implications of non-AA blacks assmilating into AA families.

No. She meant black culture is no longer just a singlar history of slavery to Jim Crow to hip hop. Now black immigrant are adding the overall presence of black culture in the US. Not being assimilated.

Fandroid

Banned
Daps
No. She meant black culture is no longer just a singlar history of slavery to Jim Crow to hip hop. Now black immigrant are adding the overall presence of black culture in the US. Not being assimilated.

First we need to define "black" culture. AA culture is AA.