The Grapevine: Africans, AA's and Caribbeans

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I already watched this. My pet peeve was the fact they kept talking about "Africans" but were largely in part only talking about Nigerians as if they represent us all.

That part annoys me. I respect my Nigerian brothers, but they do not represent all of Africa. There's a whole 900 other cultures and 53 other countries with their own experiences.

Fandroid

Banned
Daps
They didn't even have a CARIBBEAN panel like everyone else had theirs, they just went
with the "collective". :snoop:

HoW are you going to call it "- Africans vs AA's vs West Indians" with no West Indians in it?

They can't find any fukking Caribbeans in NEW YORK?!:dahell:

Motherfukkers have Nigerians and Ghanians on deck, though.

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Last i check Nigeria and African America didn't have any wars

i don't know anything about Haitians being in Jamaica in any significant numbers...i

my point is these online debates would be greatly reduced if you take out Nigerians and AAs.

@m0rninggl0ry i'm very much black

...hmmm
I clearly said there was overlap

That said there are plenty of folks from Africa who have phenotypes that are so fringe we can tell they not from here

And you got Africans committing xenophobic attacks on Africans who come from countries bordering them who look much more like them than any AA dos to your average African but you think it somehow absurd we can distinguish many of you?:patrice:

It is absurd if it's SOLELY based off looks.

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
That part annoys me. I respect my Nigerian brothers, but they do not represent all of Africa. There's a whole 900 other cultures and 53 other countries with their own experiences.

They have the most people abroad, most academically achieved, and the most well known entertainment industry out of the rest of the continent.

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
They didn't even have a CARIBBEAN panel like everyone else had theirs, they just went
with the "collective". :snoop:

HoW are you going to call it "- Africans vs AA's vs West Indians" with no West Indians in it?

They can't find any fukking Caribbeans in NEW YORK?!:dahell:

Motherfukkers have Nigerians and Ghanians on deck, though.

They're based in NYC? I'm here and i never heard of this station before yall brought this up.

Plenty of Carribeans all over the city, it doesn't make sense why they're not as vocal on the station. I find it funny they primarily put mostly Africans on the station when they're nowhere as numerous as Caribeans here and are mostly concentrated to Harlem and the Bronx where you'll find West Indians everywhere.

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
I dont get what your'e trying to say

I'm saying they're everywhere and promote their culture to the world more than any other African country. So the average person who encounters an African is already 50% likely going to be from nigeria alone.

So far the rest of Africa are not as active to big up their countries so nobody talks about the other 53 countries.

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
On that show, that's the only Africans that exist. I swear. It's like that on other episodes too.

And they're based in NYC too, of which I know for SURE since i grew up here that there are defintiely a population of other Africans around the city to represent at the station. Especially the Senegalese in Harlem and Gambians, Malians, and Ghanaians in the Bronx, Liberians in Staten Island.

And that's not even counting the other African population out in Jersey as well.