The Grapevine: Africans, AA's and Caribbeans

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
I gotta finish watching part 2 but Carl was getting on my nerves and I feel like they're cutting off the sista in the Pharcyde shirt and brotha with the dreads on purpose. It's literally like the two of them vs the whole room. Ol girl talking about oppression olympics sound like she setting her argument up to be dismissive of the PTSS/discrimination/oppression African Americans go through.

Karb

Veteran
Daps
I gotta finish watching part 2 but Carl was getting on my nerves and I feel like they're cutting off the sista in the Pharcyde shirt and brotha with the dreads on purpose. It's literally like the two of them vs the whole room. Ol girl talking about oppression olympics sound like she setting her argument up to be dismissive of the PTSS/discrimination/oppression African Americans go through.

Carl said some disrespectful shyt.

Rhapscallion Démone

Supporter
Daps
Carl was being honest in my humble opinion!
Carl was being obtuse at his worst and ignorant at his best. If they really had an unfiltered and politically incorrect conversation on stereotypes Carl would have got his feelings hurt. I don't think that's where breh really wants to take it. I'm bout to watch part 2 in just a minute

Okocha

All Star
Daps
He said AA's are lazy :whoa:

He's Haitian so I'm guessing he probably got some animosity from growing up as a Haitian immigrant.

A lot of Africans and Caribbeans have a stereotype or a view of AA, they should have challenged him on those views.

Are you getting these stereotypes of AA'S from Haitian TV, so are you coming to America with a preconceived notion of AA's or once you land in America you're getting this from American TV or because you're a poor immigrant, you're living amongst other poor AA's. If it's the first or second option they can be challenged and changed.

Rhapscallion Démone

Supporter
Daps
They talking about lack of info and how one should use Google to look up motherland fashion tips. But they can't use Google to research African American history.....they have to wait and go to an American HBCU for that? Let me finish watching just had to say something about that