The Grapevine: Africans, AA's and Caribbeans

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
50% of a Minority still doesn't negate that at a national scale Black Immigrants are insignificant. There are a ton of Nigerians in Houston TX, does that mean Nigerians make a large impact in San Antonio?

We have over 2 million blacks in NYC alone, and half of our population being Carribeans and recent Africans is nothing to laugh at.

What's the black population in Houston breh and how many of that are split between AA and black immigrants respectively. I'll wait. :mjlol:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
One NOI article that has nothing to do with anything is your example of "a bunch of examples"?

Please don't carrier that behavior to college because your professors will tear your arguments apart.
:mjlol:

On the Coli you can simply refuse to acknowledge your wrong, but in College them mofos will just give you an F :mjlol:

No your just arguing just to argue. And who the hell is talking about that NOI article???? You asked how can AAs be xenophobic. I showed you an example of AAs NOT ONLY boycotting a foreign owned gas station but taking it over. AAs in different communities can EASILY do that to foreign owned business if we truly were xenophobic but thats not the case.

Once again just stop. You have a tendicy to argue just to argue. Even another African agreed that there are MANY foreign black owned businesses on the East Coast.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
We have over 2 million blacks in NYC alone, and half of our population being Carribeans and recent Africans is nothing to laugh at.

What's the black population in Houston breh and how many of that are split between AA and black immigrants respectively. I'll wait.

1 million out of 40 million is still a drop in the bucket.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
No your just arguing just to argue. And who the hell is talking about that NOI article???? You asked how can AAs be xenophobic. I showed you an example of AAs NOT ONLY boycotting a foreign owned gas station but taking it over. AAs in different communities can EASILY do that to foreign owned business if we truly were xenophobic but thats not the case.

Once again just stop. You have a tendicy to argue just to argue. Even another African agreed that there are MANY foreign black owned businesses on the East Coast.

nikka the Article about the gas station is from The Final Call which is a NOI publication.
:what:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
We're talking concentrations of immigrants brehs. Isn't that the point of this conversation.

No. The point of the convo is Black Immigrants are such an insignificant number nationally that it literally yields no positive gain to be "Xenophobic" to them.

I think tie in that @Diasporan Royalty bringing up South African Blacks to compare them with what AAs could do because statistically AAs do not even fit a use case to make their situation similar to that of South Africans where Xenophobia towards Black Immigrants would yield any logical result.

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My girl is an AA from a small town in GA, people think she's West African and think I`m just a mofo from Decatur GA.

IDK why these dudes are on here flexing like this. While there are some African ethnic groups with distinctive features, I can find people all over the south who look exactly like my 100% West African Family members.
Somebody actually thought my parents were from SC bc of their accent (their accent isn't as thick since theyve been here for a while, plus they tone it down when talking to other people .)

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Carribeans never get mentioned on this shyt, it's a constant AA vs African battle. :heh:

Even UK blacks got shine in a video.

I'm guessing this is due to the creator being Nigerian...
like i keep saying this is mostly a Nigerian vs AA thing
Since our Island brehs think they aren't tribalistic, xenophobic or some of the biggest causers of diaspora war on the net

How about we change this topic to the treatment of Haitian immigrants to the greater Caribbean? :leon:

Getting flamed as a child :hula: getting robbed, set on fire or lynched and having your citizenship stripped and businesses razed
no one made that claim.

Haiti vs DR is much more than "they're different so we don't like them" issue.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
I see you're not claiming your Surinamese ancestry anymore :mjpls:

It's just "other islands" now. :sas2:
i don't speak Dutch or Sranan and i never met my grandfather who was from Paramaribo so :yeshrug:
do i really need to do a whole breakdown of my ancestry :francis:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Speaking of the "I can spot an African" thing.

I20 is Liberian and literally nobody knows besides Liberians that know his family
:russ:
i20_self.jpg

at-the-vision-night-club-in-atlanta-ga-picture-id74707821