The GOAT Black Comic Book Superhero

Which Black Comic Superhero is the GOAT??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Just an FYI to be factually accurate and since we are discussing black superheroes...the first black female super-hero was actually in an independent comic called Hell-Rider (about a black marine turned kung-fu master/bike riding crime fighter). The lady in question was a supporting character (her adventures were in the backup to Hell-Rider's stories) to Hell-Rider named The Butterfly.
TZws0Kp.jpg

"The Butterfly is African-American singer/superheroine Marian Michaels, whose costume is equipped with bright lights to blind adversaries, a jet pack for flying, and suction cups for climbing."

So Storm is the most famous but she wasn't the first.

You are absolutely correct sir. When I say Storm is the first black female superhero it's more of in MAINSTREAM comics. Lobo also is the technically the first African American comic hero but his series ended with 2 issues and both were recalled as many distributors were opposed to a black hero

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea the best thing that ever happened to that character was his epic run on the show

He had a REALLY dope series call Mosiac too that was cancelled just because an incoming editor didn't like it. shyt was critically acclaimed and was selling well but they still threw it into the bushes.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
He had a REALLY dope series call Mosiac too that was cancelled just because an incoming editor didn't like it. shyt was critically acclaimed and was selling well but they still threw it into the bushes.

I read some of mosiac. That's the one where John is in charge of that diverse society the Guardians set up right? Cacs always ruining a good thing:stopitslime:

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
I was pissed when they split them up at first but I don't care anymore X-Men fans annoy me with the Black Panther hate. He's better off without her

Their wedding was extremely forced in the first place. Both characters had things going on in their own books but when Reggie Hudlin came in, he wanted to make it a point to get them together and he doesn't really care about the characters

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Their wedding was extremely forced in the first place. Both characters had things going on in their own books but when Reggie Hudlin came in, he wanted to make it a point to get them together and he doesn't really care about the characters
I kinda agree he basically took a dump on Monica Lynne to pair BP up with Storm when BP had history with Monica going 30 years

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
X-Men writers made me hate Storm. It wasn't even 2 months after she broke up with T'challa they made her Wolverine's fukk toy

To be fair, Storm and Logan have always had an on and off flirtatious relationship but before and AS T'Challa was courting her, she was actually in a relationship with Logan at the time. BP actually swiped her from Logan. It only makes sense she goes back to him after breaking up, that's what women do breh.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
To be fair, Storm and Logan have always had an on and off flirtatious relationship but before and AS T'Challa was courting her, she was actually in a relationship with Logan at the time. BP actually swiped her from Logan. It only makes sense she goes back to him after breaking up, that's what women do breh.
That wasn't really anything tho

Logan was even on panel saying so to Luke Cage

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
That wasn't really anything tho

Logan was even on panel saying so to Luke Cage

Nah, it was definitely something. There is over 30 years of them going back and forth with each other, but they both typically had something more prominent going on to act on their attraction.

First of all, Logan is and always has been the type to downplay that kind of stuff. He even let Storm go when it came to BP because he knew T'Challa could give her more than he could (tho he still continued to flirt with her, even AT the wedding). And its Canon Storm and Logan have been fukkin on and off since she took over leadership from Cyclops of the X-Men

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Didn't one of the Marvel editors recently say in an interview that they're not trying a Storm solo because her mini series all sold poorly?

Hawkeye had the lowest selling mini-series of all time 12 years ago and now has a prominent solo series. Marvel tends to keep trying with characters they like, also Storm had a moderately selling solo series in the 90s. If that's the excuse they are pushing, I'd call bullshyt.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Nah, it was definitely something. There is over 30 years of them going back and forth with each other, but they both typically had something more prominent going on to act on their attraction.

First of all, Logan is and always has been the type to downplay that kind of stuff. He even let Storm go when it came to BP because he knew T'Challa could give her more than he could (tho he still continued to flirt with her, even AT the wedding). And its Canon Storm and Logan have been fukkin on and off since she took over leadership from Cyclops of the X-Men
I need scans cause I don't believe this is true

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Panther, then Storm.

but as far as dropping names go, has no one mentioned Blue Marvel?
Blue_Marvel_vs_King_Hyperion_drawn_by_M.C._Wyman_-_Age_of_Heroes_-3.jpg

bluemarvel20.jpg

One of the most powerful beings in the Marvel universe. Matter manipulation, Flight, Super Strength, Speed, invulnerability .etc

because he hasn't been out that long, has only had one limited series and isn't really that established on the comics fanscape?

But reading Mighty Avengers.... yeah I think that'll change in about a years time. :jawalrus:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I'm not gonna say it was forced because the character meshed together well and did have a history, but Hudlin definitely rushed that shyt. He should have waited a year before going that route, but I recall him saying he rushed it because Priest wanted to do it during his run but one of the X-Writers vetoed that shyt.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I need scans cause I don't believe this is true

It was mostly flirting, which is something they've had Storm do with EVERY male X-man. The majority of their time in the X-books they Wolverine or Storm was always with or pining over someone else. Them being a couple was only cemented in the Day of Future Past story but in the standard timeline it never went beyond flirting and couple of dates.

Now Storm and Yukio on the other hand......

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I'm not gonna say it was forced because the character meshed together well and did have a history, but Hudlin definitely rushed that shyt. He should have waited a year before going that route, but I recall him saying he rushed it because Priest wanted to do it during his run but one of the X-Writers vetoed that shyt.
The forced argument is weird especially when Claremont himself wrote the Marvel Team Up issue where they first showed something btw them, plus the priest issues of BP