The GOAT Black Comic Book Superhero

Which Black Comic Superhero is the GOAT??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
It was mostly flirting, which is something they've had Storm do with EVERY male X-man. The majority of their time in the X-books they Wolverine or Storm was always with or pining over someone else. Them being a couple was only cemented in the Day of Future Past story but in the standard timeline it never went beyond flirting and couple of dates.

Now Storm and Yukio on the other hand......
That's what I was saying, they were never a couple until after AvX

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
well all those characters you mentioned actually have had solo books storm is a team player

Storm is nothing without the X-Men which she's currently wallpaper status

Solo books that never last. And they damn sure haven't made her splash on the mainstream and DAMN sure aren't beating out Wonder Woman in popularity contests. Get serious.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The forced argument is weird especially when Claremont himself wrote the Marvel Team Up issue where they first showed something btw them, plus the priest issues of BP

It was some old obscure shyt that needed to be fleshed out WAY more. shyt was even briefly referenced in a few X-men comics. Hudlin fukked up by not taking the time to show them together more. They just ran into each other in one issue and got married without so much as dating.

The relationship itself was written fine but because they rushed into that shyt a lot of fans weren't buying it.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
It was mostly flirting, which is something they've had Storm do with EVERY male X-man. The majority of their time in the X-books they Wolverine or Storm was always with or pining over someone else. Them being a couple was only cemented in the Day of Future Past story but in the standard timeline it never went beyond flirting and couple of dates.

Now Storm and Yukio on the other hand......

:russ::russ::russ:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Solo books that never last. And they damn sure haven't made her splash on the mainstream and DAMN sure aren't beating out Wonder Woman in popularity contests. Get serious.

Nobody is questioning Storm's popularity, but saying she's the only reason this thread exists is stupid considering Black Panther, Cage, and Falcon all predate Storm by a few years.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Popularity contests don't mean shyt, you should know that man

It was some old obscure shyt that needed to be fleshed out WAY more. shyt was even briefly referenced in a few X-men comics. Hudlin fukked up by not taking the time to show them together more. They just ran into each other in one issue and got married without so much as dating.

The relationship itself was written fine but because they rushed into that shyt a lot of fans weren't buying it.
marvellied-mtu100.jpg

Hudlin just rushed it, I knew a few folks that had been shipping it before priest brought it up again that were pissed with the way it was handled

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
marvellied-mtu100.jpg

Hudlin just rushed it, I knew a few folks that had been shipping it before priest brought it up again that were pissed with the way it was handled

Priest wasn't even the only writer to go back to that relationship. Lobell mentioned it during his X-Men run and they were married during the Earth X mini series.

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
The king of all sidekicks dikk Grayson aka Nightwing aka The original Robin.

Richard don't want it with Aqua-god, you better go back and peep Darkest and Summit .Nightwing was merely keeping the throne warm. Kaldur was the hero. Richard was his number 2.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
The fact of the matter is that the relationship between Storm and Black Panther had HUGE potential. They didn't need to be the black Sue and Reed and be together in every panel. Storm could've still a valued member of X-Men and Queen of Wakanda as T'Challa could've been a strong Avenger and King. Marvel just took a huge steaming dump on that marriage after their adventures with the Fantastic Four. It wasn't fair nor warranted to break them up in the fashion that they did just so that Ororo could go back to serving as Logan's Cum bucket. The marriage may have been rushed but the way it was actually handled I was cool with. It was AFTER the marriage where I feel the respect for both characters went out the fukking window. T'Challa is credited as one of the 8 smartest individuals in the Marvel universe. Yet he blames his WIFE for an attack on Wakanda that he himself had previous knowledge of:what: Where's the common sense in that? Where's the dialogue between husband and wife? Any-Man beat the shyt out Wasp on panel for years and that couple got more character development out if their relationship than Storm and T'Challa got. It was fukking ridiculous, disrespectful, and racist. fukk MARVEL for that bullshyt:pacspit:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
The fact of the matter is that the relationship between Storm and Black Panther had HUGE potential. They didn't need to be the black Sue and Reed and be together in every panel. Storm could've still a valued member of X-Men and Queen of Wakanda as T'Challa could've been a strong Avenger and King. Marvel just took a huge steaming dump on that marriage after their adventures with the Fantastic Four. It wasn't fair nor warranted to break them up in the fashion that they did just so that Ororo could go back to serving as Logan's Cum bucket. The marriage may have been rushed but the way it was actually handled I was cool with. It was AFTER the marriage where I feel the respect for both characters went out the fukking window. T'Challa is credited as one of the 8 smartest individuals in the Marvel universe. Yet he blames his WIFE for an attack on Wakanda that he himself had previous knowledge of:what: Where's the common sense in that? Where's the dialogue between husband and wife? Any-Man beat the shyt out Wasp on panel for years and that couple got more character development out if their relationship than Storm and T'Challa got. It was fukking ridiculous, disrespectful, and racist. fukk MARVEL for that bullshyt:pacspit:

Pretty much. We can go back and forth about whether or not they were rushed all day. In the end, they were together and could've been game changers in the Marvel Universe. They were the realization of Charles Xavier's dream: better relations (and ultimately peace) between humans and mutants

shyt, Xavier told Storm the significance of her marriage to T'Challa:

293hjjb.jpg

We went from this to the fukkery in AvX.

Fact is, many of the fans (a lot of X-men fans and.....well...y'all know who:mjpls:) simply didn't fukk with the relationship. Others gave the relationship a really short leash.

The worst part however was the writers. Outside of a selected few (Hudlin, Mcduffie, Priest, and others I may have missed), the writers, especially those from X-men didn't respect their union. They be having Storm randomly throwing shots at T'Challa and their marriage in the X Books. And of course, the AvX situation. :snoop:

It's all bullshyt breh. Bullshyt!:to:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was listening to Mark Ecko on the Combat Jack show, and they're both comic aficionados. They kept talking about this particular comic, so I just felt like posting it on behalf of BLACKEXCELLENCE

SvA_full.png

bpe+superman-vs-muhammad-ali-97b.jpg

superman-vs-muhammad-ali-99e.jpg

:obama:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Storm is the most iconic black hero in comics. How is this thread possible if not for her success? Black Panther, Static, Steel, all of that shyt..Spawn..all of them. They were secondary characters. She was in the lead spot and was in comics outselling Superman/Batman at their heights.
When Storm debuted with the rest of the new X-Men she wasn't in the lead spot at all. She didn't get that push till the 80s when she became leader of the Morlocks and got the Mohawk. Up till then she was just as big a supporting character to Cyclops and Wolverine (and even Kitty Pryde!) as the rest of the X-people.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Storm is the most iconic black hero in comics. How is this thread possible if not for her success? Black Panther, Static, Steel, all of that shyt..Spawn..all of them. They were secondary characters. She was in the lead spot and was in comics outselling Superman/Batman at their heights.

Luke Cage had his OWN series before Storm as did Black Panther. Storm is iconic no doubt, but Storm is part of a TEAM comic book, she's always been And always WILL be defined by her membership As part of a TEAM of X-Men. Black Panther has held his down his own series as well as being part of the Avengers. Luke Cage has held his own series down as well as being part of Avengers, Defenders, and Heroes For Hire.