The GOAT Black Comic Book Superhero

Which Black Comic Superhero is the GOAT??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Any-Man beat the shyt out Wasp on panel for years
Just want to clarify this misconception that hacks like Bendis and Chuck Austen propagated...Hank Pym slapped Wasp once while in the throes of a mental breakdown. That one time is the full extent of his physical abuse on The Wasp.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Hudlin's Black Panther run was heavily criticized and shyt upon and I admit, some of his writing didn't translate well AT ALL but I gotta give him props for really pushing for the Black Panther/Storm marriage and making it a big event

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Just want to clarify this misconception that hacks like Bendis and Chuck Austen propagated...Hank Pym slapped Wasp once while in the throes of a mental breakdown. That one time is the full extent of his physical abuse on The Wasp.

The point is that the relationship itself was given more respect as regards to the characters. Ant-Man was MORE than just a wife beating a$$hole and Wasp was more than just a spineless victim. The events of AVX made Black Panther, who is amongst the smartest individuals in the Marvel universe, look like a cold, unthinking jerk, who instead of attempting to find some common ground with his wife, dismisses her and annuls their marriage based upon a faulty sense of anger. Does that even sound like T'Challa? The writers went OUT of their way to break up two of the most sensible and noble characters in such a hackneyed fashion. It was pure any utter BULLshyt

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The point is that the relationship itself was given more respect as regards to the characters. Ant-Man was MORE than just a wife beating @sshole and Wasp was more than just a spineless victim. The events of AVX made Black Panther, who is amongst the smartest individuals in the Marvel universe, look like a cold, unthinking jerk, who instead of attempting to find some common ground with his wife, dismisses her and annuls their marriage based upon a faulty sense of anger. Does that even sound like T'Challa? The writers went OUT of their way to break up two of the most sensible and noble characters in such a hackneyed fashion. It was pure any utter BULLshyt
Everything about AvX was hackneyed though. Nothing felt organic about anything that happened in that story. Plus I think Marvel only went along with the marriage because editorial was made up of a bunch of star fukkers who wanted to stay in the Reginald Hudlin business. Once Hudlin left they could revert everything back to the status quo with the characters that Marvel always wanted.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
And that means....
Black people don't control the properties, so they (whites) can do whatever they want with them. That's why I am not to thrilled with the characters listed, because most of them are owned by white intellectual properties.

ALl in all, don't expect whites to make a positive portrayal of a black couple in a comic book owned and edited by whites.

EDIT: Unless his name is Todd McFarlene

Last edited:

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
With that said anyone has read this:
brother-man-comic.jpg

Created and owned by two black brothers. #blackexcellence

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Black people don't control the properties, so they (whites) can do whatever they want with them. That's why I am not to thrilled with the characters listed, because most of them are owned by white intellectual properties.

ALl in all, don't expect whites to make a positive portrayal of a black couple in a comic book owned and edited by whites.
Actually they're owned by the Disney shareholders which are made up of people from different races

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Hudlin's Black Panther run was heavily criticized and shyt upon and I admit, some of his writing didn't translate well AT ALL but I gotta give him props for really pushing for the Black Panther/Storm marriage and making it a big event

:manny:

They had no business getting married but whatever.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
That's a matter of opinion. The characters DO have history. The point isn't about the marriage it's about the disrespectful and bullshyt way the RELATIONSHIP was handled AFTER the marriage

they hardly if ever interacted with one another until all of sudden they retconned them having history.